Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Match making still poop

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter

Match making still poop

Decided to make a Smurf acct to test the new match making.

1st match on new acct. I had 2 beginners and we went up against a full premade with 2 diamonds and 1 rank 7. Diamonds were artio and anoobis the rank 7 was houyi. They were all lvl 90 ish. My team mate's were fresh from training didn't even know how to use vgs.

So no match making is not fixed.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JEWJEWBEES View Post
    Decided to make a Smurf acct to test the new match making.

1st match on new acct. I had 2 beginners and we went up against a full premade with 2 diamonds and 1 rank 7. Diamonds were artio and anoobis the rank 7 was houyi. They were all lvl 90 ish. My team mate's were fresh from training didn't even know how to use vgs.

So no match making is not fixed.
    Literally everyone already knows this.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    omg, this is the worst matchmaking EVER! it is true random! i will definitly quit playin if u don t fix! omg, last game with a lvl 16 mastery 1 in my team as ADC, i m lvl 158 mastery 96 diamonds 33!!!! no way this is good matchmaking!!!!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    Literally everyone already knows this.
    Not literally everyone does. There are quite few posts here about how match making has improved. And plenty threads started on smites official forum page Reddit to the contrary of your statement.

Anyhow yes MOST people know it's bad.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well.

That Sucks. I played Smite for 3 years but have been on break for 2 months now.

I logged on to try a few games about 3 weeks ago: Same shit as before. Pre made teams vs hot or miss randoms.

Game play in Smite is outstanding but when matchmaking is terrible, there is no point in playing the game.

Yes, I am a very good player. No, I cannot carry a team who does not follow up on CC, takes too much poke, dies several times before 5 minutes ect.

So, I can't say for sure but I dont know if I will ever play Smite again. I have over 2k hours in this game

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Why am I and some more players actually enjoy the match quality after patch?

Maybe because your overall elo is super low so you get matched with "trash" players and that's why you think that matchmaking is not fixed?

It can't be where some people actually noticed matchmaking improvement and matches became more balanced for them (including me), while other players still complain as before?

Think about it.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    Why am I and some more players actually enjoy the match quality after patch?

Maybe because your overall elo is super low so you get matched with "trash" players and that's why you think that matchmaking is not fixed?

It can't be where some people actually noticed matchmaking improvement and matches became more balanced for them (including me), while other players still complain as before?

Think about it.
    Um did even read the post? I started a Smurf account..it was my first match

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class

Technically, the new matchmaking was focused towards the super low elo players (As well as the exceptionally high elo).

So, if some people are getting better games after it... I wonder what that says about their elo?

I know my elo has been trashed since the patch because I was at 2.2k but the game kept matching me with 1.3-1.5k players that are fucking retarded (While the other team got 2k-2.9k players). The matchmaking has been total balls for me since the patch, it's actually horrible to play with such bad people who do such "Skillful" plays such as following up on a ult initiation from an Odin who brings a key target to 50% life on his own by... Doing nothing...

I'm personally a hairs breadth away from just leaving Smite until this shit gets fixed because it's honestly no fun with LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY GAMES being a stomp one way or another, this ON TOP of the garbage queues being so much longer than I experienced pre-patch (I used to multi-queue for Arena/Clash/Assault and any single one of those could pop within 10 seconds, the only times I can recall longer is at ridiculous hours like 4am or when everyone was incentivised to go onto PTS for dem gems so Arena queues were up to 1 minute)

I have not had a single close or even game since the patch. It has been utter trash. No matter what time of day, what day of the week, it's been 100% garbage 100% of the time.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

So, if some people are getting better games after it... I wonder what that says about their elo?
    It means the game's are now balanced for players. It doesn't specify whether they are low or high elo.

But I guess if people still get retarded teammates, I guess it points at something.

And if that was an attempt to tell me like "dude, your elo is super low or high" - my elo is average for an average player and I don't rush onto smite_guru to find that out. But I at least get teammates who don't tower dive 1 vs 5 and then wonder why people report them or are toxic towards them, and I at least get some dudes that know basic god building unlike what I saw before this patch.

And that's not mentioning I still get some matches from the "wtf" scenario but they are so rare right now.

Overall - I don't know what to say but I am happy with match quality after the patch.

P.S: a dude created a smurf account and was "destroyed by diamond players while having new players in his team". What does he expect to have? I mean, even LoL and Dota2 with much larger playerbase numbers can throw you into matches vs guys of far above your game knowledge and skill level if they are partied with low skilled player. The same thing happends in Overwatch quick play and HotS. It's nothing new and crying about something that literally can't be fixed even by giant game developers when such examples happen in much superior projects - well, good luck.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    It means the game's are now balanced for players. It doesn't specify whether they are low or high elo.

But I guess if people still get retarded teammates, I guess it points at something.

And if that was an attempt to tell me like "dude, your elo is super low or high" - my elo is average for an average player and I don't rush onto smite_guru to find that out. But I at least get teammates who don't tower dive 1 vs 5 and then wonder why people report them or are toxic towards them, and I at least get some dudes that know basic god building unlike what I saw before this patch.

And that's not mentioning I still get some matches from the "wtf" scenario but they are so rare right now.

Overall - I don't know what to say but I am happy with match quality after the patch.
    Like literally half my games, I end up with teammates that go 0-6-0 by 5 minutes in.

They don't build anti-heal against healers.

They don't group up, I'm not even sure if they're aware that the minimap is a thing that exists.

Meanwhile, the other half of my games the enemy team is like that. Heck, yesterday I played Fenrir and had a Cerberus on my team. 2 people on the enemy team didn't buy beads, at all (No risking it for early plays then getting level 12 beads. No, it was no beads at all. Cue them going like 1-12 because it was easy to farm them on CD of both our ults...)

Before the patch, things were balanced for me. The vast majority of my games were even and it just came down to team comps and how we played in the match with the outstanding results would be parties that would have 1 low rank player with like 2-4 ridiculously high ranked players (Talking like 1.1k player with people ranked 2.8-3k elo vs a team of 1.8-2k solo queuers)

But now everything is terrible. I've seen NOTHING even remotely balanced, which is odd given there are a few (Though, not as many as on the flip side) people who've said they've seen improvements since the change.

I just don't know what it is, only that I'm vehemently against the change because literally every single aspect of it has been a MASSIVE downgrade from my usual experience.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!