Thread: SuggestedReport based on VGS activity = awful idea

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead IHATECHRISTMAS's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

SuggestedReport based on VGS activity = awful idea

So.. as far as the people ive talked to, seen myself and what ive read concerning the "suggested report" system (flashing report). It is somehow related to frequency of VGS use.

I would appreciate if you could reconsider, ive met a few players already who used vgs a lot ingame to make calls and were flagged by the system with no other obvious reason (multiple calls for incoming ganks / retreat and so on).

The VGS system is exceptional at bridging language barriers and unique to smite. It also encourages spending MONEY AND GEMS on voicepacks.

Discouraging VGS use seems extremely counterproductive to both the game and your business model.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    I have seen a couple of odd Report suggestions today, I am not sure why they came up.
    One match had 2 allies who died a lot, one got a prompt I guess for possible feeding but not the other.
    Another match definitely was not feeding, not sure why got the prompt.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    I have seen a couple of odd Report suggestions today, I am not sure why they came up.
    One match had 2 allies who died a lot, one got a prompt I guess for possible feeding but not the other.
    Another match definitely was not feeding, not sure why got the prompt.
    Yea the system definitely needs work. The only reason a system like that should EVER suggest to report someone is based on certain "keywords" used in chat,
    Everything else is just witchhunting by hirez themselves. And god knows that there is already enough reporting going on in the game.

An even worse scenario might be if they use the same system they use for "covering chat" (like when you say 5h1t and it shows ****) for detecting report flags. Because i vividly remember i had to turn that off because it LITERALLY considered EVERYTHING AS BAD WORD. Like if you would use a normal word that just happened to have "a55" in it, the system would block out these parts.
    And that happened for so many words that it started to bother me and i turned it off.

I would much prefer that they improve the commendation system, give better rewards and give a small favor boost for the 1st commendation of each match so the player himeslf has a reason to commend someone everytime.
    Last edited by IHATECHRISTMAS; 07-31-2018 at 02:30 AM.

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Not always witch hunting as seen by a Joust match I had today that was similar to another one I had this years, I forget when. I had to report both my allies and things escalated quickly, it was the only match I tried, had to take several screenshots for proof, not only report them in the client, I had to report other stuff done after the in client report through the Contact Us page AND reply to the auto-reply for that with more information and screenshots.

Achievements:
    The issue isnt that the system gives true positives. The issue is if for whatever reason the system starts giving false positives.

It also doesnt fix the problem with premades being able to group report people and EASILY flag them.

And if the system checks for certain "flagged" words then all that does is that players will stop using these words directly. If people think the system actually works then we might see players harass others with modified swears like "n199er" all the time and not get reported because the player didnt get flagged so he didnt misbehave right?!

I can see about 100 ways this system can and will be abused and not a single scenario in which this suggested report system will actually be beneficial to the point that its better than what existed before.

Achievements:
    Well there was a message somewhere that the system was being modified soon if not next patch.

As for your example:

Quote Originally Posted by IHATECHRISTMAS View Post
    And if the system checks for certain "flagged" words then all that does is that players will stop using these words directly. If people think the system actually works then we might see players harass others with modified swears like "n199er" all the time and not get reported because the player didnt get flagged so he didnt misbehave right?!
    Already seen something close to that and reported it.