Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bumbas mask experimentation

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Bumbas mask experimentation

In case I got it wrong I’m referring to the new mask that provides 35% MS and 20% CDR at the expense of less 10% damage dealt and extra 10% damage taken that any class and god can use.

I’m an arena player so time is limited. I have been using it and not making boots at all but sometimes using the guardian starter item for the extra gold to compensate.

It’s been very good for Chang’e having said that I use the healer starter for her regardless so I’m super duper fast.

Have had good results with Sol, still working on other classes I feel like it could work with Nike for example just haven’t nailed the rest of the build yet.

How are others fairing if they are trying this strat?

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    Haven't tried that, but did use it on Ares with pen boots and no CDR items besides late game pyth for lifesteal. He wrecked.

The boots approach is interesting, with an assassin along with perhaps a movement sword (Nem w. either Katana or Stone Cutting, for instance).
    Last edited by MemphisMiles; 07-29-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I'm still trying to figure out a god I'd want to use it on... I like my damage see...

I mean, it's a no-brainer for Merc though, dude loves movement speed and the extra power he gets from it might outweigh the -10% damage done, or at least mitigate the downside. Though... Will have to test see how it compares to my standard speed boots (The 20 power 15 MP5 and 25% MS ones)

Aphro could use it nicely as well. No healing penalty on it and that's all she does (Since it's unreliable to hit with her birbs and without the old Soul Reaver she's not going to burst as hard with Back Off anyway...) just gotta watch out for that damage taken penalty when getting focused. But yeah, getting 40% CDR with your second item, along with a bunch of MS (Which is nice because she's so slow that her linked target always outruns her...)

Hel also another slow god that could utilize it, again because no heal penalty and the nice CDR is nice.

Might also be worth trying on Ymir and Sylvanus, two notoriously immobile Guardians. Ymir has the highest health pool in the game, so that damage taken penalty just brings him to normal levels and he'll still chunk people with his damage. Sylvanus doesn't care about either penalty because he has no damage anyway and if he's caught out he's dead irregardless...

Oh man... I wanna try Racecar Odin in arena now... Bumba's Mask, Talisman of Energy and his passive = fast like sanic (I already love ToE and his passive in Arena, you just zoom everywhere 'cause something's always dying near you xD)

Should be nice on Zeus too. He already has 0 health so 90% of 0 is still 0. Also, he has ∞ base damage anyway and 90% of ∞ is still ∞.

Wonder how effective it is on Vamana? Would he be able to skip Frostbound Hammer/Hastened Katana and still be effective at stomping on people as the big baby? Since that's his big weakness in the current meta, the fact that he's a Warrior so needs to stack early protections, but in order to do something with his ult he needs one of those 2 items to stick to people, but Sprint is popular right now because it's not trash these days which counters him pretty hard (As does the anti-heal meta)

Mid Lane Zhonger Donger (Or rather, damage-y focused)? 10% more damage taken mitigated by his natural prots from his demon scrotum and then damage penalty mitigated by being able to run at people with his ult active better so landing more hits.
    Last edited by Relanah; 07-29-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Update:

I've ran some tests.

Mercury does better with Bumba's than with Talaria Boots. Though Warrior Tabi does more damage than Bumba's (Though it's marginal, like 80 damage on a DB crit on a squishy) at least with my standard build of Boots, Hastened Katana, Stone Cutting Sword, Rage, Wind Demon, Deathbringer. The upside to going Bumba's over Warrior Tabi though is more movement speed, able to hit 606 speed with WD procs with this build (Could literally run rings around the running Odin bot... While punching him in the face) and that 20% CDR which is invaluable early game for getting poke off with Made You Look and providing CC with Special Delivery. Not to mention the late game power from more Sonic Booms and higher uptime on Maximum Velocity.

Vamana... Still requires either Frostbound or Hastened... Also, his ultimate still becomes 1000% useless when the enemy team buys anti-heal (Yo, can we get Anti-Heal not affecting regen? At least when CC immune so Vamana can actually have an ult? It's bad enough that big baby gimps your damage and CC does it really need to be absolutely screwed over by anti-heal?)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Achievements:
    Yeh I don’t use Zeus but for reasons as described above can see the benefit of putting Bumbas on him, at least he will have movement speed, same goes for Aphrodite.

So Serquet needs......everything and fast so I am going to use Bumbas on her more. First attempt was Bumbas, then hide or urchin, then Jotunns and then some Crit. Result is mixed I mean I can really get in there and fight and survive also very fast with maxed CDR but damage is lacking. I went 1-1 with lots of assists in arena. I’ll persist with it.

I suck so bad with Jing Wei and nothing I have tried has worked and I know it doesn’t sound like a great item for her but I’m gonna give it a run, can’t do any worse.

Achievements:
    Okay, so Bumba's on Hel is borderline OP.

Between Bumba's, Rod of Asclepius (Even nerfed version) and her light 3, she's so mobile and able to juke out so much damage.

Still not sure how to round out the build though... I get to Bumbas/Chronos/Rod of Asclepius and then after that I dunno... Like, I want more power for dem healz tho, but to maximize that I'd want stuff like Thoth/Bancroft/Tyhpon but it's late to stack Thoth... Also, I want more MP5 so I can cast stuff so then I'd want Lotus/Tahuti/Doom Orb?

But then I think, yo, what if I got some pen to maybe make my damage do something? But there's no good power/pen or MP5/pen items aside from Spear of Desolation, but then I overcap on CDR which is a feelsbadman moment... (Also, I still don't like picking up SoD, it's very expensive for a trash passive)

There really isn't that many magical power items... Everything is so similar these days what with pretty much everything just being 100 power + some passive.

Really... Why aren't there more magical items with MP5? It's literally just Book of Thoth and the Lost Artifact tree with everything else being defensive/hybrid options (I suppose it's the same for phys too... Just the Morning Star tree and Blackthorn Hammer...)
    Preferred Gods:

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    what about increasing your mana pool. n2m since she's a spell spammer, new reaver has no internal cooldown soo at least 2% more dmg over n over n over lots of power and 300 mana, throw a Tahuti in there just for the 150 power and 30 mp5 top off with ob shard just cuz hey its sum pen with sum power.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I'm thinking about kali with bumbas cuz really once you have , warrior, stone cutting, qins, executioner, hastened what else do u need and that extra movement on top of all that speed already... don't get a kill just run like hell lol

Achievements:
    Yes Bumbas on Hel makes her almost completely uncatchable, if can throw in some kind of CCR item as well all the better.

So I did use it on Jing Wei and whattya know suddenly my used to be negative matches are turning positive. I’m thinking it’s more my personal play style than the actual item though having said that it works super well on Medusa as well.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    So far the only time I have tried Bumba's is on tanky Achilles. Tried both early build and later in a match selling boots for it.
    I think it is good for a tanky god, tank items offset the extra damage received and allow you to get around.
    Otherwise, not really needing it on damage dealers though I have not been playing many immobile gods.