Thread: TImed queue is pretty awful.

New Member Cupidhead youlittlejao's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

TImed queue is pretty awful.

Apart from the concept of going from an average 1 min queue to a forced 3+ min queue there is also this gem.
    https://imgur.com/a/JCHnkme
    Cant get direct image link to work but it shows 2.5 hour forced queue for the mode of the day.
    Last edited by youlittlejao; 07-29-2018 at 01:38 AM.

New Member Cupidhead shockwitch's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    For america timed queues could be decent but for countries that have lower player bases and the queue being a single not multi-queue anymore it has destroyed trying to queue for other game modes, and the gap between low level players to medium and high level makes it difficult to queue for the common game modes.

Junior Member Cupidhead DeejnisPeejnis's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I agree with the system being bad. It used to be way better when the same countdown system was used in the beta stage of Smite, but now it's not doing what it should do. After 4 minutes of waiting I didn't get a match and get put in the "priority queue". This happens about 50% of my queues...

The MOTD counter works differently though. If you look at your screenshot, it says the mode changes in x hours. The queue time is actually about 5 minutes usually

Junior Member Cupidhead Impellus's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Agree with shockwitch. Being a player in sae servers, the timed cues are annoying as hell. For some reason, I only get queued successfully in arena and conquest. Maybe assualt if I'm lucky. Every other mode kicks me out of the queue no matter how many times it says the "you are highest priority in the next round" nonsense.
    So logically this is supposed to mean that apart from conquest and arena, no queue ever has the minimum required number. Which should be highly unlikely. Or, no one in the queue has comparable elo. Which again, is unlikely and in such rare cases the system should probably just let the guy who's waiting for a match for 3 rounds already just play.
    Either way it ends up being really frustrating. More so than the previous queue system. Guess that's what I get for playing in a "low priority" server I guess.

New Member Cupidhead KubatheLost's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    This new que system is much worse. Never played ranked and don't have crazy good stats and I'm getting matched with Diamond 2 and 3 players. On top of that I'm waiting much longer between matches just to get destroyed by players not even in my skill level. Please change the que back Hi-Rez.