Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault and all gods a bad idea?

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Assault and all gods a bad idea?

Is it just me or does this possibly getting gods you do not own a bad idea. I do not own many gods so that means I will most likely get some god I do not own or know. That means I will not have built the god to level up a way I like, nor item builds I like, and on top of that and probably most annoying is the fact it will be a god I have no idea how to use so I will most likely lose. Considering that and the fact I mostly enjoy playing assault I will be constantly losing matches except when I play arena.

This may have been a good idea for long time players that already own most of them, but I own 3 or 4 of each type of god mage hunter etc...
    I guess it could just take some getting used to, but I will probably get sick of being beat constantly and most likely reported for sucking with the gods I do not know before I ever get used to getting any random god...

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead IHATECHRISTMAS's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    There was a long time issue with assault that some tryhards would make accounts specifically for assault where they would ONLY unlock gods that are really good in assault while ignoring all those that arent, basically achieving a pretty significant advantage.

While you may not like it, its also nice for newer players who dont take assault too serious to try out gods they dont own.

Along with the matchmaking changes this is my favourite in 5.13 by far.

Achievements:
    I see your point, though I still think it wasn't a good idea.
    But on a side point if this change is going to stick around I would suggest they fix the reroll system so it does not cost me a full day's worth of playing to gather up the favor for just one reroll, yes I know most can make 250 for a reroll faster than a full day but I suck. I would suggest something like the league of legends aram reroll system has.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    It shouldn't be too bad.

The vast majority of gods I first tried in Assault and things went fine.

So long as you know how to build for Assault, you can just manually find the things you need and build them and the default skill builds (If you use auto-skill) at least don't suck that much.

Elsewise, it's just point and shoot your skills...

On the whole, the change is a good thing. Since, one, the above mentioned tryhards who basically only unlock Ares/Zeus/Ah Puch/Odin so they're very likely to get them and just faceroll the game (Since all they could get is them and the free gods/rotation gods)

But it also impacts the ability to trade gods with people, since you couldn't trade gods with someone who doesn't own your god. Which can be notable, especially if you're playing a relatively easy god like Zeus and want to trade it for a god you are really good on or one that is a role the other person isn't comfortable with.

The very worst result is maybe incentivising you to try gods when they're on rotation and/or have a mess around in Jungle Practice to get a feel for various gods.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead IHATECHRISTMAS's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by XaosVoid View Post
    I see your point, though I still think it wasn't a good idea.
    But on a side point if this change is going to stick around I would suggest they fix the reroll system so it does not cost me a full day's worth of playing to gather up the favor for just one reroll, yes I know most can make 250 for a reroll faster than a full day but I suck. I would suggest something like the league of legends aram reroll system has.
    rerolls are indeed absurdly expensive

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    Honestly i find this new assault thing a "meh" because when it gave me gods that i owned it was good thing for me but now it gives me a chance to try some gods i never played before so for me personally it's bad same as good

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I could have swore they changed this last season. I guess since I only use favor for diamond skins and a few chest unlocks I don't ever even feel the reroll price. if it weren't for assault there would be quite a few gods I never would have even tried. meanwhile I'm still here like... ppl actually play this game for yrs and only unlock gods they like ?!?! smh

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    I could have swore they changed this last season. I guess since I only use favor for diamond skins and a few chest unlocks I don't ever even feel the reroll price. if it weren't for assault there would be quite a few gods I never would have even tried. meanwhile I'm still here like... ppl actually play this game for yrs and only unlock gods they like ?!?! smh
    You can unlock chests with favor??? If I didn't have a long list of gods I want to buy I'ld look into the chests thing...

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    This basically means that everyone's on an equal playing field in terms of what gods they can and can't get. Everyone gets the same drop table. It'll fuck with new players but it's also more fair in general, so it's a double-edged sword.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen Darkfire47's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    It also means people can queue into assault if they do not own the Ultimate God Pack and want to try playing a god they do not own

this is my first post in like 2 years @kek