View Poll Results: Should these Features get added to SMITE?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • I dislike Option #1

1 33.33%
  • I dislike Option #2

0 0%
  • I dislike Option #3

0 0%

Thread: [5.13] Feedback Round #1 - Queue Timers, Clan Store, New Feature

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

[5.13] Feedback Round #1 - Queue Timers, Clan Store, New Feature

Hey Dear Smiters!

I decided to do a small thing which I call Feedback round where I will talk about things that seem off to me in the Game
    So let's start!

#1 - Queue Timers

I had been observing the new Queue Timers. The Idea of a Queue that is timed and not forever on going is good and I really like it. The Basic Timers on the casual Gamemodes (Assault, Joust, Conquest, Clash, MOTD etc.) are fine to me and Im sure most players would agree. But then come on!

This time is redonkeylous even tho I know that this is the time Grandmasters and Masters have to sit through, yet setting the timer this high might disencourage players that want to get into ranked, thus decreasing the number of players playing ranked games. The Conquest Que is semi understandable, but Duel and Joust don't deserve this fate. You should definietly lower the timer of those 2.

#2 - Clan Store

The Clan Store had been abandoned for a while, and Im pretty sure most players already got the loot from that place. How could one fix this? Simple, remove the "Clan Store". It would be better if it was replaced by a semi Leveling system that uses Clan Honor as its experience. as Reward, for each level up you get 2 things;

1. Clan Rank - On each Level up your rank would increase (pretty much like our current leveling system behaves). For each of those ranks you gain a special symbol close to your Profile Icon at the Clan List

2. Clan Chest Roll - The current Clan chests already said enough. This chest would be a nice replacement that would instead of giving 5 rewards and advancing give you anything out of this table
    • Common - Any Emote that does not cost Gems (Dances and Specials), 50 Favor
    • Uncommon - Any Gem Emote (Dances and Specials), 100 Favor
    • Rare - any of the T1 Skins (Recolor), 250 Favor
    • Legendary - a Shadow Skin, 1000 Favor

This way you won't need to add more chests to the store, but make a shadow skin from time to time and just update the table of content

#3 - New Feature

I've always wanted to have a select number of gods that I particulary like have first in my God selection screen, therefor I'd love to see the "God Favouriting" feature in which you can select a certain god icon and mark them as a favourite. Favourite gods will be shown first in the order the God Selection follows. Therefor this would be the new order

God Selection - Favourite NEW Gods, Favourite Gods A-Z, NEW Gods, Gods A-Z

I know that I ain't a "Pro" or anything of high importance but just a player and this Feedback will most likely be discarded and just a waste of my time, yet I want to try and reach out to make the game better if possible.

Thanks for Reading!
    Last edited by AirShadow; 07-25-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead CosmicThaos's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    The timers have effectively killed smite

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicThaos View Post
    The timers have effectively killed smite
    Especially in SA and Asia where timer is 15 minutes and someone ditches mid lobby

New Member Cupidhead KubatheLost's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Timed Ques are the worst thing to come to Smite. Killed the game for me.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Queue timers are dumb. Though, apparently some people did used to get crap queue times before the patch, which baffles me greatly (4 min queues for Arena? Wut? I don't even get that at 4am...)

Especially for Casual modes where you just wanna hop into a game and start punching people/buildings. For Ranked, it makes some level of sense as it's supposed to aim to create more of a balance by allowing a larger pool of people in order to select teams of more equal elo (I say "Supposed" because my experience has been total trash in that regard), but even then, according to Hi-Rez it was only actually notable for extremely low and extremely high elo players (To which they could have implemented the system for just them rather than tossing it onto everything... Inb4 Launcher has a queue time!)

Clan Store I don't care about in the least. As I'm not in a clan, nor am I looking for one, ya'll can do whatever tickles your fancy in that regard.

Favouring system for gods is something I've been wanting for a while.

Especially if it comes with the ability to organize the list of filters so you can default to "Favourite Gods" instead of the standard well... "Default".

I mean, I used to use "Mastered" as a way to attempt to garner this functionality, but these days, "Mastered" is literally the same as "Default" as I've mastered every god...

But yeah, I'd honestly love to be able to put together a list of favourites so I can quickly and easily look across all of my preferred gods across all the roles and pick what I feel will suit the comp while using the current filters when I feel like playing something different or trying out a new jank build...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 100 Experience Points
    I really like the queue timers. I think the average queue time is no different, or else slightly shorter, and I like that you can see ahead of time how long they will be. That way I know if I can queue before I go to the restroom, or if I should wait til I am back to queue.

Most importantly, games have felt a LOT closer since the change. It used to always be a blow out one way or the other, now it always feels tight.

+1 for queue timers

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead IHATECHRISTMAS's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    As someone who has consistently waited 10-12 minutes for ranked before the patch , the average q time for me is improved i would say.

The only problem is the "didnt find a match - priority next round" prompt even after waiting for like 90% of the total possible q time.

^This might be an issue for very high mmr players in particular (top grandmaster duel, stuff like that) where they will always wait at least 2 timers. Which is definitely too long.

Its too early to say anything definitive about matchmaking itself at this point. On paper, the way it distributes players now is obviously an improvement over how it was before.