Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please keep Ravana as a Warrior

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I feel like keeping him as a warrior would have been better, Hirez needs to step up their game on the hindu pantheon cause now they don't even have a warrior.. (even though Kali should have been a warrior from the start.)

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    I feel like keeping him as a warrior would have been better, Hirez needs to step up their game on the hindu pantheon cause now they don't even have a warrior.. (even though Kali should have been a warrior from the start.)
    Vamana is a warrior.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Which is why most people built him for damage and ran him in the Jungle am I right?

Having 50 less health is so impactful early-mid game...

Not made up by the ease of keeping up his 15% max health shield and the 10-30% damage mitigation he gets from his ult... No sir!
    Are you crazy? 50 hp at the start is like a LOT (and his passive SCALES OFF IT AS WELL AS WELL AS HIS DAMAGE MITIGATION) at the start and being down 100+hp in the late game is pretty big. You have to be oblivious to not recognize that his better bulk as a warrior works REALLY well with his ult.

Hirez nerfs ability low rank damage to nerf their early game impact as well as nerfing early game base HP to alter how much harassment, boxing and risk a god can take early on (lets take a guardians base hp at level and nerf it by 50 points and lets see what happens ). If I took SWK and took off 50 base hp his abiltiy to box and harass takes a DIVE, Ymir with Sobek's base hp and growths and he is now way more frail with respect with his limited mobility (and like with Sobek with Ymir's defensive stats would be way more tanky).

Ravana at his CORE has more contact with his foes and has to engage deeper due to his kit that's why he needs better base stats and growths. For an assassin now with his defensive stats it is not suitable enough to fit his engagement needs as well as late game survival). He's in this weird grayzone where for his kit his defense stats aren't bulky enough to allow him to trade, engage on better terms, or box like he used to but his skills aren't damaging and mobile enough to mitigate the cons of weak defensive stats (Like Ratatoskr's mobility,cc and sustain do). He's basically the opposite if you took Freya and gave her Athena's defense stats, complete mismatch.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Are you crazy? 50 hp at the start is like a LOT (and his passive SCALES OFF IT AS WELL AS WELL AS HIS DAMAGE MITIGATION) at the start and being down 100+hp in the late game is pretty big. You have to be oblivious to not recognize that his better bulk as a warrior works REALLY well with his ult.
    50 hp is nothing that's like a single basic attack.

100 health late game is less than nothing. When attacks are like 300+ damage basics and 600-900+ damage abilities.

Compared to dealing so much more burst damage if you build him with power, you can jump in with your ult and 3>1 and practically delete a squishy (Also note that his improved scaling on his 3 is also amplified by his ult's damage taken debuff) and then you can casually walk out with your health shield and DR alongside your free immunity on your 2.

I've played new Ravana and he's fine. He's sufficiently tanky for what he needs to do thanks to his health shield (Which is easier to maintain now) his 2 and his ult while his extra damage makes him that much more threatening and can lead to him being able to just destroy squishies and then turn around and start boxing people with his aforementioned tankiness before he then gets back out of the fight.

(lets take a guardians base hp at level and nerf it by 50 points and lets see what happens )
    Then you have Warrior stats.

They do fine early.
    Last edited by Relanah; 08-13-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by schimeon View Post
    (even though kali should have been a warrior from the start.)
    Explain?!
    EXPLAIN!!!!!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    All they're doing is giving him a shift towards what majority of people build him as: damage over tank. That's all there is to it.
    He'll be absolutely 100% fine being shifted, I don't know why so many people are fighting this.
    What I don't know is why u spend all y our day just arguing with people trying to prove them wrong in so many posts. Do you work for hi rez?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AIGuardian View Post
    What I don't know is why u spend all y our day just arguing with people trying to prove them wrong in so many posts. Do you work for hi rez?
    gee

it's almost like

this is a forum or something

and forums are for discussion

crazy how that works huh
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AIGuardian View Post
    This guy.

Nah, I work 2 jobs. Neither of them are for hirez, but nice work changing subject. Isn't that one of the things you complain about the most in your posts; people not staying on subject?
    Yet I still find time to come onto a FORUM which is meant for DISCUSSION AND ENLIGHTENMENT.

Also, trying? Judging from the reactions I get from other posters (keks, goobis, rainbow, rel, to name a few), my opinion isn't scoffed at (like yours generally are).
    Sorry that you have a really hard time getting people to agree with you. I'd offer you tips, but you seem to go out of your way to disagree with things.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Vamana is a warrior.
    nah clearly he is an assassin disguised as a mage...
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post

a FORUM which is meant for DISCUSSION AND ENLIGHTENMENT.

but you seem to go out of your way to disagree with things.
    You contradict ur self ur doing same thing u complain about