Thread: Please keep Ravana as a Warrior

New Member Cupidhead GhostLadyFett91's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382

Please keep Ravana as a Warrior

just saying there is so few warriors as it is

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,217
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    And why does that matter?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,190
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Ravana himself hasn't changed much. He got a power shift, but he's more or less the same god. Class labels aren't exactly accurate as it stands, anyway...
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    All they're doing is giving him a shift towards what majority of people build him as: damage over tank. That's all there is to it.
    He'll be absolutely 100% fine being shifted, I don't know why so many people are fighting this.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Going from Warrior to Assassin means:

He loses 190 health at level 20.

He gets more basic attack damage and attack speed.

His passive is buffed (He now gets movement speed and can get multiple stacks from cleaving with his abilities)

His 3 is buffed (70% scaling instead of 50%)

His 2 is changed (Lower cooldown on rank 1 and 2 but a higher cooldown on rank 4 and 5)

So, overall, he's buffed. Irregardless of if you're playing him in the Jungle or Solo. He does more damage, he builds his shields faster, he can rotate the map faster, his skill you level up last is improved at low ranks...

How is this bad?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Going from Warrior to Assassin means:

He loses 190 health at level 20.

He gets more basic attack damage and attack speed.

His passive is buffed (He now gets movement speed and can get multiple stacks from cleaving with his abilities)

His 3 is buffed (70% scaling instead of 50%)

His 2 is changed (Lower cooldown on rank 1 and 2 but a higher cooldown on rank 4 and 5)

So, overall, he's buffed. Irregardless of if you're playing him in the Jungle or Solo. He does more damage, he builds his shields faster, he can rotate the map faster, his skill you level up last is improved at low ranks...

How is this bad?
    I think it is the whole connotation of the same reasoning why people wanted Hades to stay a Guardian and not become a Mage.

the pool of Warriors is rather low, so to take one from there and move him into Assassin is off putting.

With Hades, Terra was in the works (and unknown; a Guardian) but the fact still was that many people didn't want him shifted away from his place, as the Guardian pool was low.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    I think it is the whole connotation of the same reasoning why people wanted Hades to stay a Guardian and not become a Mage.

the pool of Warriors is rather low, so to take one from there and move him into Assassin is off putting.

With Hades, Terra was in the works (and unknown; a Guardian) but the fact still was that many people didn't want him shifted away from his place, as the Guardian pool was low.
    To be fair, Hades is still practically a Guardian. I don't think I've seen a single successful Hades that didn't build at least some prots, it's just the nature of how close he has to be in order to do, well, anything...

So I personally found it odd when they further tweaked his stats to be more mage-y... Dude needs health and prots, more damage is pointless if you get exploded trying to get in range to use a damaging ability xD

Anyway, I think it's strange to want a god to be in a certain class because of how many gods are in that class. I personally want gods to be in a class because they fit in that class. So newbs won't pick them thinking they're like the rest of the gods in that class and then fail miserably because the god doesn't work that way.

Which is apt for Ravana, he's a Bruiser Assassin. Much like Camazotz, Fenrir or Nemesis. Either naturally tanky from their kit or do well building a bit of defence. He jumps on priority targets and blows them up and then walks out.

Meanwhile other Warriors are the kind of gods that get into the thick of things and... Stay there. Punching people in the face until its time to back out.

(It's also why Hades should have stayed a Guardian... He's more about getting up into people's face and using his CC to screw them over than he is about building full power and doing a million damage with his skills like other mages)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Many gods need to be shifted to other classes based on their kits, Ravana was one of them.

Hades needs to be reverted and get back Guardian base stats. Building him full support with a mid game Lonno's Mask is a good choice though to get the feel back.
    Zhong Kui also should get the Guardian shift.
    Succesful Thor's and Fenrir's build like Warriors, so it'd be an easy shift. Think season 0 Thor was actually a warrior.

this is why we got the masks though.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    He's shit lol. His kit was perfect for warrior but ass for an assassin because how he fought was very different in general. Havong lower health in the early and mid game is very heavy in general. In fact Ravana as an assassin has LESS hp then many bulkier assassins! So in general his hp value is more in line with much burstier or agile assassins. His HP values do not suit him at all.

Harder basics and attack speed isn't need he doesn't auto that much because in all of Ravana's history his damage never hinged on autos. His 3 still being 18 seconds is too long for an assassin like him 14-16 is the range it usually goes for hard cc. Hid 2 having longer cd hurts his late game hard since he's gonna need that 2 to avoid aoe's and shit used to kill him, realistically he's only gonna use his invul kick one time tops in an engagement early and mid.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 08-02-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    He's shit lol. His kit was perfect for warrior but ass for an assassin because how he fought was very different in general.
    Which is why most people built him for damage and ran him in the Jungle am I right?

Havong lower health in the early and mid game is very heavy in general. In fact Ravana as an assassin has LESS hp then many bulkier assassins! So in general his hp value is more in line with much burstier or agile assassins. His HP values do not suit him at all.
    Having 50 less health is so impactful early-mid game...

Not made up by the ease of keeping up his 15% max health shield and the 10-30% damage mitigation he gets from his ult... No sir!
    Preferred Gods: