View Poll Results: Like the new system or no?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it!

3 30.00%
  • Hate it!

7 70.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Counter System Sucks

New Member Cupidhead ToXiCxArrow's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Thumbs up New Counter System Sucks

This new counter until queue system is even more aids than the old one. It just punishes the people who actually ready up on time. I waited 8 minutes to get into a game. Then some chubby-cheeked, turd-sniffer leaves 2 minutes into character selection, and I get another 9 minute wait time. What's the point of a set count timer anyway? Why not just start match when there are enough people queued within the specified rank? Isn't that how the old system worked? I literally had enough time to jerk it and post this rant.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    What mode has 8 minute wait time?

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    What mode has 8 minute wait time?
    Any mode where someone leaves during god selection. Also, I think Siege has like a 7 minute timer...

But yeah, the new system is garbage. Even more a slap in the face when you realise that Hi-Rez mentioned that the entire matchmaking process happens in the 20 second period after the timer has counted down...
    • All Normal and Ranked game modes will be changed to a “Timed Queue” system
    • Timed Queues will show a constant countdown timer that indicates when the next match of that mode will begin
    • Players can see all timers for all modes at all times, allowing them to make decisions accordingly
    • When the timer reaches 0, all players in the queue will be sent a prompt to accept the match
    • Matchmaking will be done after accepting, so there is no penalty to declining the queue pop
    • The matchmaking will occur during a 20s period after accepting
    Even more a slap in the face, is when they intentionally are fucking over non-Shitquest queues which are normally very fast by slapping these stupid 3+ minute timers on:

It will group players up into larger pools as we make some modes have longer times than others.
    They even acknowledge that the majority of players benefit more from the old system:
    The Normal matchmaking we had in seasons 2-5 works well for average players, but we have a lot of exceptionally skilled players that need more focus on matchmaking.
    Meaning that they're doing this global change for the small minority of people whom are really shit at the game and really good at the game.

Meanwhile, they could have just implemented it for high skill level players if they're the ones who primarily needed a change in how the MM works or you know, just put it in for Ranked play only and not Casual since it seems their focus is on Ranked, specifically Ranked Shitquest:
    The best result of this system is that timed queues + solo only ranked will ensure that every ranked conquest queue will have the top 10 players in the same match. Always.
    But no, fuck everything up for the majority of people. That'll work well and not just make people less inclined to load up the game to sit in queues when they're used to loading in and spamming a few casual matches with little to no fuss...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Any mode where someone leaves during god selection. Also, I think Siege has like a 7 minute timer...
    How is that different from before?

Achievements:
    How is that different from before?
    Well, for Assault, Clash and Arena (Maybe Joust, it's been a while since I last played it) queues before this shitty system were in the region of about 1-10 Seconds. Not minutes, seconds.

So, someone leaving during god selection, or not confirming the match was not a problem, as you'd just get another match pop instantly.

Now, you have to wait up to 3+ minutes per match pop. While people still might just leave during god selection, amplifying the time needed to actually get into an actual match.

It's not so different for modes like Shitquest and Siege that had minute+ queue timers before, but for other game modes, which are popular enough to get instant queues it's horrendous. Without even match quality being improved at all, MM is still garbage now you have to wait several minutes for your garbage matches (Or more notably, after being in a garbage match you sit there for several minutes waiting for the next game while stewing in your saltiness at your last match and how garbage it was...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Well, for Assault, Clash and Arena (Maybe Joust, it's been a while since I last played it) queues before this shitty system were in the region of about 1-10 Seconds. Not minutes, seconds.

So, someone leaving during god selection, or not confirming the match was not a problem, as you'd just get another match pop instantly.

Now, you have to wait up to 3+ minutes per match pop. While people still might just leave during god selection, amplifying the time needed to actually get into an actual match.
    I haven't seen longer than 1min clash timer with the new system. And I never had 1-10 sec queue in any of those modes unless i multi-queued. And even before, if anyone left on god select, it made queues a lot longer.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I love timed queue's, i'm beta player and i missed them so much. So happy they are back.

Achievements:
    I haven't seen longer than 1min clash timer with the new system.
    Well, lucky you, you happen to get to the screen whenever the timer is down to 1m.

Here's the full timers of all the modes (If they change, I don't know, but these seem about what I've seen since the patch irregardless of time) taken from right after they restart:

3-5 minutes on all game modes. Except Siege, which is 12 minutes (RIP)

And I never had 1-10 sec queue in any of those modes unless i multi-queued. And even before, if anyone left on god select, it made queues a lot longer.
    Multi-queue doesn't make queues shorter... It just means the first one that gets enough people will pop...

But I had 1-10 second queues all the time. To the point where I would have to solo queue for some things for first win of the day bonuses because other modes would pop instantly which would put them ahead of things popping after 1 second...

Also, sure, people did leave and it made queues longer. But you then sat back in a short queue. Meanwhile with the new shitty system, you're stuck waiting the full timer (Shown above) for 3-5 minutes for the next match to pop as opposed to the previous 1-10 seconds...
    Preferred Gods:

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    For ranked conquest, it's also SUPER frustrating b/c the MM system still doesn't do a great job of matching the teams equally in terms of skill. Any MM system can only do so much. And the problem is that, whereas in the old system you'd get a few bad games and be able to fairly quickly hop into a new match, now it's 10-12 minutes between matches. It's pretty tedious, and the MM has not really improved enough to justify the additional wait time.

Junior Member Cupidhead CosmicThaos's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    This timed queue stuff is freaking terrible