Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to stop range from being OP vs melee ( example poking titan vs heal fountain)

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

How to stop range from being OP vs melee ( example poking titan vs heal fountain)

King of the hill objective instead of a titan (always) that can be poked from a safe distance. This change would help melee more that have a disadvantage say for example rank duel.
    Last edited by AIGuardian; 07-22-2018 at 12:46 AM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,224
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    It can be poked at range, therefore it benefits...melee gods? What the fuck are you on?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    [QUOTE=SirKeksalot;923468]It can be poked at range, therefore it benefits...melee gods? What the fuck are you on?[/QUOT

Hey watch your language mr. Was a simple typo gees...u get the point. King of the hill forces everyone to fight instead of simple heal fountain poke turtle.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    and in what universe ranged gods in this game have advantage vs melee gods? this game actually unfair exactly to ranged gods. melee gods have twice lowered basic attack penalty. ranged gods lost fatalis, while melee gods got their own version of it even better, than old one. nearly every melee god have at least 1 ranged ability to minimize advantage of distance. melee gods have several items ranged gods have no acces to. most aura items benefits melee gods only, because of aura distance. ranged basic attacks are way too easy to miss at close range. isn't this enough?
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    melee gods have twice lowered basic attack penalty.
    But ranged gods don't need to be sat on someone's face in order to hit them with basic attacks.

ranged gods lost fatalis
    Ranged gods don't need fatalis and never did.

Heck, not shit melee gods don't need fatalis.

nearly every melee god have at least 1 ranged ability to minimize advantage of distance.
    1 ranged ability doesn't overcome a ranged god having THEIR ENTIRE KIT work at range.

melee gods have several items ranged gods have no acces to.
    Ranged gods don't need those items, because they don't need MS crutches to be able to land basic attacks.

most aura items benefits melee gods only, because of aura distance.
    Auras are shit anyway. A ranged god also doesn't need 15-25 prots because they're killing stuff from far away, not jumping into the middle of 5 people to try and get up close enough to deal damage.

ranged basic attacks are way too easy to miss at close range.
    Git gud.

On Topic:

So, if the titan was replaced by KotH... What stops a ranged god just poking in until the defenders have to back off and then getting on the point? Then poking them as the defending melee gods try and close the distance to actually start dealing damage?

The only way to nullify ranged god bonuses against titan would be by extending the immunity to attacks to all targets outside of the area, irregardless of if there's someone inside the area or not (Since currently, you just need 1 person/minion in the area to remove this protection and then ranged gods are free to pelt away from max range)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,224
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by AIGuardian View Post
    Hey watch your language mr. Was a simple typo gees...u get the point. King of the hill forces everyone to fight instead of simple heal fountain poke turtle.
    1. I have every fatherfucking right to say "fuck" whenever the fuck I fucking want to.
    2. I'm not sure what typo you mean. The OP still says essentially the same thing and it's nonsense.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    But ranged gods don't need to be sat on someone's face in order to hit them with basic attacks.
    still, lower basic attack penalty makes it much easier to chase and secure the kill while chasing.

Ranged gods don't need fatalis and never did.

Heck, not shit melee gods don't need fatalis.
    still they have it.

1 ranged ability doesn't overcome a ranged god having THEIR ENTIRE KIT work at range.
    go and say this bullshit to Herc with his ranged ult and Chaac with his main offencive ability being ranged.

Ranged gods don't need those items, because they don't need MS crutches to be able to land basic attacks.
    you don't say, heartseeker would be nice thing to have for Hou Yi or Neith...

Auras are shit anyway. A ranged god also doesn't need 15-25 prots because they're killing stuff from far away, not jumping into the middle of 5 people to try and get up close enough to deal damage.
    realy? what abvout voidstone and voidsheeld? or you gonna say penetration isn't good for mages and hunters? of course those items are defencive, but aura itself is usefull for offencive purpose.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    realy? what abvout voidstone and voidsheeld? or you gonna say penetration isn't good for mages and hunters? of course those items are defencive, but aura itself is usefull for offencive purpose.
    Void Stone nor Void Shield give a shit where you're positioned, since they DEBUFF the ENEMY, so as long as the person who has the item is close to the enemy. Usually, it's a melee who's buying these because they need the protections.

If you're advocating that it's a negative that if a Mage/Hunter buys these items they might not be in range to make them effective... Well, their range is literally max range for basic attacks... So for 99% of skills on gods, if you can hit with them, they're in range for the debuff.

Also, their auras are shit on Hunters/Mages because they almost all build percent pen which interacts oddly with these auras (Also, does so much more as to render the auras nearly insignificant in comparison)...

For Executioner and Void Shield, it's advantageous since Exe's 36% reduction happens first and then the aura's -20 happens (So for example, against 200 prots Exe brings it down to 128 and then VS takes it to 108)

For Titan's Bane/Obsidian Shard + Void Shield/Stone... The percent pen happens AFTER the aura so against 200 prots Void Stone will take it to 180 then Obs Shard will take it to 99 (Whereas Obs Shard alone would bring it to 110. So VS is a whole 11 pen here). For Void Shield, again it'd go down to 180 and Titan's would make it 108 (Whereas Titan's alone would bring it to 120, wow 12 pen from VS...)

Void Stone is more notable on gods like KKK, Anubis, Ah Puch etc, that use multi-hit attacks and thus generally go for Spear of the Magus, since it's just adding an extra 20 shred on top of the 50 shred from the item.

Meaning that essentially, outside a Spear of the Magus or Executioner build you literally get more benefit from an item with +15 flat pen (Since flat pen is calculated after all other sources of pen/shred). Also, +15 flat pen items have much better stats on for Mages/Hunters, who don't need to buy protections and really only care about a single defensive item (Magi's Cloak) entirely for the passive that is extra beads...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    1. I have every fatherfucking right to say "fuck" whenever the fuck I fucking want to.
    2. I'm not sure what typo you mean. The OP still says essentially the same thing and it's nonsense.
    IF u read again after fix will make more sense. Range just has it to ez in this game. Melee has to chaise them down and even then some times range can just stand and shoot and do same dmg as melee.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I think the problem is more how the game is balanced. Hunters usually end up being the strongest class in the late game, and I've never understood why they thought it would be a good idea to make ranged characters stronger than the melee ones as the latter has to risk much more to get their damage in than the former does. Yes assassins start off much stronger, but many of them fall off hard by late game and almost none of them can go toe to toe with a fully built hunter. Mages have the strongest abilities in the game which for the most part hit from quite the distance, whereas most melee class abilities are close ranged and hit for far less. I get that hunters and mages are squishier than warriors or guardians, but if they're going to hit that much harder then they don't need the range on top of it. My personal opinion is that the hardest hitting class in any game should always be a melee class, as they generally have to risk it all and go all in to confirm damage instead of ranged just shooting you to death before you can even reach them.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 59 gods mastered with 18 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.