Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bumba's mask's inconsistency

New Member Cupidhead Quick5ilver's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Bumba's mask's inconsistency

Hello Hi-Rez devs,
    In this thread I want to point out that stats in Bumba's mask are a bit inconsistent. Here they are:
    • +20 physical power
    • +50 magical power
    • +20% cooldown reduction
    • +35% movement speed
    • +10% damage taken
    • -10% damage dealt

The inconsistency stands in the fact that this item gives you power and reduces the damage you deal. In this case you should decide what kind of stats should be in the item drawback and then adjust the others.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 971
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    It's not really inconsistent.

The base stats are what you're looking for, which for most people, will be power. The drawback to not make the item objectively better than any boots, is 10% more damage taken and 10% less damage done.

So, all in all, a build with this item and a build without this item with similar power levels will have a 10% discrepancy in their damage.

As such, it's up to the player to decide if that 10% less damage (Also, 10% more damage taken) is worth getting that extra 17% movement speed over boots (Also, that 20% CDR, which for physical gods is a big deal since they don't have any CDR boots)

It also makes sense comparatively to the other 2 masks. The tank mask having a larger damage dealt penalty but no damage taken penalty and the damage mask having no damage dealt penalty but a larger damage taken penalty. This mask is a middle ground, both tanky and damaging builds can utilize it and as such it has a lesser value of both drawbacks and a unique boon.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Also worth noting the minus 10's mean bubkis to Mercury.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Also it is really good on healing gods who don't care about the missing damage(really don't like the nerf to healing Lono's is getting).

I'm sure it will get picked up a lot more by healing gods now... Honestly they should just revert the nerf to Lono's though as we already have plenty of antiheal to make healing gods ineffective.

Usually i start with the tier 2 and then just dont upgrade for a long time so i get early 10% movement and CDR without the negative effects.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I suspect Bumbas is good on any character, particularly if you can complete your build without buying any boots at all and making Bumbas your first item.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Its really good on gods who are less mobile not to mention there is also a strat where you buy T2 Bumbas as first item and dont upgrade it as last item cuz its almost as good as Boots just by being T2
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Usually i start with the tier 2 and then just dont upgrade for a long time so i get early 10% movement and CDR without the negative effects.
    This is pretty sneak, I used to do that with adventure blade. I guess they have to nerf the tier 2 version cause its pretty nice stats for that price.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    This is pretty sneak, I used to do that with adventure blade. I guess they have to nerf the tier 2 version cause its pretty nice stats for that price.
    Well... The T2 version is worse than T2 boots.

T2 mask is 10% MS, T2 boots is 12%

T3 boots is 18%

So you're really at a significant disadvantage with just T2 mask, unless you're building into some more MS as your next item (Such as a Katana for melee phys, Shaman's Ring or Asclepius)

Unless you're going T2 mask + boots and then selling boots later when you wanna get T3 mask but then you defeat the purpose of going T2 mask early xD
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Well... The T2 version is worse than T2 boots.

T2 mask is 10% MS, T2 boots is 12%

T3 boots is 18%

So you're really at a significant disadvantage with just T2 mask, unless you're building into some more MS as your next item (Such as a Katana for melee phys, Shaman's Ring or Asclepius)

Unless you're going T2 mask + boots and then selling boots later when you wanna get T3 mask but then you defeat the purpose of going T2 mask early xD
    But it comes with 10% CDR as well =) for 1100g. A starting item is 700g and only gives one of those stats and that might be after stacking it. (I'm not suggesting skipping starter for it but you know in modes that are not conq, like arena I value speed and cdr highly)

Full boots is 1650g for that extra MS but on some gods the extra CDR is just worth, they might have enough mobility to offset it.

Personally I would probably build boots then t2 mask for the extra ms and CDR for such a cheap price (as 2nd, 3rd or even 4th item). I haven't played enough lately to go try hard in the item meta to really know the benefits and drawbacks, like does that 1100g impact the item progression to much or does the speed and cdr make upp for it. I played enough to play around with full bumbas a bit but not enough to have a solid opinion on the item or when to use it. Even in conq though 10% extra ms at 1100g with CDR can be enough to farm jungle faster and rotate better but I have no experience to back any claims up in regards to it. I just know I really liked t2 adventures when it gave 10%, AS and some health for that very reason on some gods, cheap extra stats early on can make a whole a lot difference, they nerfed it rightfully and I think maybe they should treat t2 bumbas the same or upp the price tag off it.

Also there are many other items you could pick up to gain the MS offset, wingedblade, masamune, heartseeker etc etc, winged in particular as slows are still very effective even if you have bumbas. For example I could see winged + t2 bumbas + BoV (for the mana and CDR) and heartward being a nice core build for x tanky support God. Generally I would miss the mana on blue boots but if you toss in smth like BoV maybe you can do without boots. Same for warrior/assass, the power on boots is so nice and cheap so maybe not good idea without, some warriors and even some ass have so powerful CC and can setup for team missing out on 40 power won't be the biggest deal. I like its not a super easy choice but I can see it being a bit to good on some gods in some modes as it is now.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 08-14-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    But it comes with 10% CDR as well =) for 1100g. A starting item is 700g and only gives one of those stats and that might be after stacking it. (I'm not suggesting skipping starter for it but you know in modes that are not conq, like arena I value speed and cdr highly)

Full boots is 1650g for that extra MS but on some gods the extra CDR is just worth, they might have enough mobility to offset it.
    Well, CDR is nice, and that's definitely a boon for T2 mask, however, the fact still stands that the best stat in the game IS movement speed and going T2 mask and sitting on it will put you at a significant disadvantage compared to people who buy even T2 boots (RIP Mousotoskyr and his 10% MS on T2 Acorn...), yes you get some CDR to compensate, but that MS loss is punishing (Especially when magical gods have their 10% CDR boots)

Maybe it might be on the stronger side if you go T1 boots alongside it sort of like how the old Bumba's meta involved picking up the 500g Bumba's Mask starter and trying to get value before selling it (Since it would be a net cost of like 133g due to the resale value) since T1 boots is also 500g (So 133g investment) for that 6% MS putting you at a respectable 16% MS while you do the rest of your build. BUT then you're still paying your upfront 1600g even if you do get some back later when you decide to move onto T3 mask.
    Preferred Gods: