Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sol Love

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,190
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    lol. i told about this particular god, not about any god. balancing her is somehow problematic for them, so they can just ignore her if she isn't OP. they still have other 90+ gods, keeping one god unbalanced doesn't make game unbalanced in general, unless this god is OP af...
    So you're saying an unbalanced god doesn't make the game unbalanced...

You're only proving my point. You're just talking out of your ass. Every god should be on an equal playing field. That's the point of balance.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    For once in her life Sol is not OP and not being first pick/ban for almost 3 years in a row and you want to buff her? No thanks.

She's in a pretty good spot and can still be played in mid and ADC if you have hunter mid.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    So you're saying an unbalanced god doesn't make the game unbalanced...
    a single god doesn't make game unbalanced, unless this god is OP. UP gods doesn't do the shit here, ppl just don't play them much. that's why they can nerf problematic gods to the ground and then, when everybody forgot abut them, rework them. this is exactly what they did with Ratatoskr. and im afraid this is what they doing to Sol right now... she isn't UP at the moment, but constant nerfs makes the things.

Every god should be on an equal playing field. That's the point of balance.
    fine, when you find this mythical "balance" in this game, let me know, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    For once in her life Sol is not OP and not being first pick/ban for almost 3 years in a row and you want to buff her? No thanks.

She's in a pretty good spot and can still be played in mid and ADC if you have hunter mid.
    this is not about buff, its about some changes they could make in order to make her balanced. if she isn't OP atm, it doesn't mean she is balanced. right now she is fine in some aspects and completly trash in others. this is far from balanced. the only reason ppl play her atm, is because of her tower damage and a fact, that she can instakill squishies with her 2+ult combo(just as any mage do).
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    a single god doesn't make game unbalanced, unless this god is OP. UP gods doesn't do the shit here, ppl just don't play them much. that's why they can nerf problematic gods to the ground and then, when everybody forgot abut them, rework them. this is exactly what they did with Ratatoskr. and im afraid this is what they doing to Sol right now... she isn't UP at the moment, but constant nerfs makes the things.
    That's not how it works. Balance is achieved when every character is balanced. If a character is not balanced, the game isn't, either. You're making up your own definition of "balance" that makes no goddamn sense.

fine, when you find this mythical "balance" in this game, let me know, ok?
    That will happen if HR balances every god. It is not currently a thing.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    That's not how it works. Balance is achieved when every character is balanced. If a character is not balanced, the game isn't, either.
    in this case, there is no balanced games in the world, ever.

You're making up your own definition of "balance" that makes no goddamn sense.
    no, im talking about how things are right now. there is no such thing as balance in this game(just as literaly every MOBA), but the state of game as a whole can be called balanced, because the most of characters are playable, not like 10 of them. except just a few characters. some of them are OP and this is the problem to solve. others are UP and they aren't a serious factor, because ppl don't play them much.

That will happen if HR balances every god. It is not currently a thing.
    which is never due to how fast they release gods and how slow they buff/nerf/rework current ones.
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    No game is perfect, either; but that doesn't mean no game should strive for perfection. "Aim for the moon and you'll land among the stars," as a certain centaur once said while spontaneously turning blue and shooting at me.

no, im talking about how things are right now. there is no such thing as balance in this game(just as literaly every MOBA), but the state of game as a whole can be called balanced, because the most of characters are playable, not like 10 of them. except just a few characters. some of them are OP and this is the problem to solve. others are UP and they aren't a serious factor, because ppl don't play them much.
    Again, that's not what the word means. Your definition can be applied to a lot of games with the pretense that they have more balanced characters than OP and bad characters, even if it's by just one member of the roster. That's not how it works. Balance is absolute, or it is imperfect.

which is never due to how fast they release gods and how slow they buff/nerf/rework current ones.
    They are slow to make changes, but they've recently slowed down god releases. It's had no visible effect, since HR is bad at balancing, but what can you do? I mean, they could learn from For Honor and slow down character releases a lot to release huge reworks for broken characters without clogging up the works with new ones that can cause big problems until a whole year after the last time they dropped new heroes, but come on. That takes effort.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    do you know what is most funy about Sol situation? they nerfed aa damage bonus in her passive from 25% to 20 %, it seems they think 25% is too high... Zhong Kui 3 gives him 50% aa damage bonus, why this thing isn't OP for them? ok, it have limited time. look at Zeus passive... 90% aa damage bonus and you can refresh it with every aa.

looks like Hi-Rez think, that burst mages need aa damage bonus more, than aa-based mage.
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    do you know what is most funy about Sol situation? they nerfed aa damage bonus in her passive from 25% to 20 %, it seems they think 25% is too high... Zhong Kui 3 gives him 50% aa damage bonus, why this thing isn't OP for them? ok, it have limited time. look at Zeus passive... 90% aa damage bonus and you can refresh it with every aa.

looks like Hi-Rez think, that burst mages need aa damage bonus more, than aa-based mage.
    It comes down to her attack speed, in combination with the lower mag prots compared to phys prots on structures that means her bonus basic damage lets her do a lot of damage to structures.

As far as damage per hit goes, there are other magical gods that can hit harder with basics... Even Ymir gets a 100% basic damage amp from his passive so he can hit like a truck even with a fairly tanky build...

The one thing stopping many of these things from being as OP? Aside from Zhonger Donger, most other basic attack boosts are from debuffs, meaning they won't affect structures.

Now, anyone with reasonable cognitive function might just say "Well... Instead of nerfing Sol constantly and making all magical attack speed items shit, why don't they just buff structures mag prots?"

Since, that would be an easier way to stop the issue with mag ADC's from just melting towers early in the game. Sure, it would impact Guardians/Burst Mages in pushes, but they already do 0 damage to structures (Unless they have Poly then they shred like an ADC...).

Then they could focus more on balancing the Mag ADC's and the 3 magical AS items without worrying about any kind of positive change would turn directly into tower vaporizing in Conq games...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    It comes down to her attack speed, in combination with the lower mag prots compared to phys prots on structures that means her bonus basic damage lets her do a lot of damage to structures.

As far as damage per hit goes, there are other magical gods that can hit harder with basics... Even Ymir gets a 100% basic damage amp from his passive so he can hit like a truck even with a fairly tanky build...

The one thing stopping many of these things from being as OP? Aside from Zhonger Donger, most other basic attack boosts are from debuffs, meaning they won't affect structures.
    dude, there was a ton of suggestions, like 10+ of them, how to change her passive to make it usefull against gods and not afftect tower damage. but nobody gives a shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Now, anyone with reasonable cognitive function might just say "Well... Instead of nerfing Sol constantly and making all magical attack speed items shit, why don't they just buff structures mag prots?"

Since, that would be an easier way to stop the issue with mag ADC's from just melting towers early in the game. Sure, it would impact Guardians/Burst Mages in pushes, but they already do 0 damage to structures (Unless they have Poly then they shred like an ADC...).

Then they could focus more on balancing the Mag ADC's and the 3 magical AS items without worrying about any kind of positive change would turn directly into tower vaporizing in Conq games...
    because its much easier for them to just nerf 1 god and 3 items, instead of actual gameplay changes.
    my YouTube channel