Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sol Love

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    As opposed to now where no-one ever uses her 3 outside dangerous situations? No, people use it for the mobility all the time. Heck, it's quite common to see people pop her 3 just to run up and toss her 2 and then back off.
    that's because her only mobility is her 3. to get something, ppl have to sacrifice something else(that is basicaly how her entire kit is made). right now her 1 and 3 have effects with equal/close weight and equal/close purpose - passive up and heal, speed buff and immunity. but if you put speed buff in her 1 and heal in her 3, those effect won't be replaceble, speed buff > passuve up, immunity > tiny selfheal.

right now using her 3 for mobility is worthy, while using it for escape or dive is still the best using. same with her 1, passive up is still the best using of her 1, but using it for healing when you are low is still worthy, especially with some CDR. and how it gonna be if you change it as you suggest? wasting mobility for passive up? and then die by unexpected gank... or use her 3 for selfheal? and if you got chain CC'ed you gonna die. ppl won't use her 1 for passive up with those changes, they will better up it with aa. and they difinitely won't selfheal with her 3, it doesn't worth 3 sec of immunity.

Neither of the things you're mentioning here come free in her current kit.
    it does. if you aren't low hp, you can charge your passive freely with her 1. if you are in good position, you can use her 3 for mobility with no problem.

All the while, they're free to do this because they've cleaned up all the clutter that's on her stuff that makes any buffs/changes impossible because they'd get the outcry "But her kit is ALREADY so bloated!!1!!eleven!!!1!"/
    still, any buffs or positive changes are impossible. because, first off all, ppl will cry about her being OP after any buff, even, if they nerf her couple more times before it. secondly, Hi-Rez aren't going to buff her, if they think she was OP in S4...

1) That implies your 1 isn't already active. But with it being changed so that you have better uptime on the speed because it's not tied to a 3s duration before your immunity, it can last an actually useful amount of time.
    and why exactly you think they gonna give her longer speed buff? they doesn't increase her slow duration, regardless everyone understand, that 1.5 sec slow is nothing, when you have no reliable cc outside of that.

3) What's so bad about popping half your kit for defensive reasons when half your kit is literally defence/utility? I mean compare it to now where if you're in trouble you pop your 3 only because nothing else actually does anything useful.

I mean, it's the same for Janus, if he's in trouble he'll pop his 3 and then look to walk through a wall with his 1 because those 2 skills are mostly for utility (If he's in real trouble, he'll pop his ult defensively too, using 3/4 of his kit just for getting away, but that's okay, because a lot of the time he'll just need his 1 or his 3)
    because for Janus using half of his kit for escape means you are most likely unable to chase him, if he use ult on top of that, it's just impossible, since he can run through half of the map with it. but for Sol it means the same as she does right now, except you have to use 2 abilities, not 1.
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 08-02-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    right now using her 3 for mobility is worthy, while using it for escape or dive is still the best using. same with her 1, passive up is still the best using of her 1, but using it for healing when you are low is still worthy, especially with some CDR. and how it gonna be if you change it as you suggest? wasting mobility for passive up? and then die by unexpected gank... or use her 3 for selfheal? and if you got chain CC'ed you gonna die. ppl won't use her 1 for passive up with those changes, they will better up it with aa. and they difinitely won't selfheal with her 3, it doesn't worth 3 sec of immunity.
    Are you actually retarded or something?

People use her 3 for mobility now (Heck, I even use it purely to get a Poly proc), that means they don't have their ONLY DEFENSIVE OPTION available any more and once it's ran out (After 3 seconds lel) she's now a sitting duck.

What makes you think that people won't use her 3 for the sustain after my proposed change? "Because it will leave them open to ganks" - You mean like how using her 3 for mobility does now? Only if you do get ganked after my proposed change you also have your speed boost on the 1 to help you if your 3 IS down...

People will use her 1 for both healing and passive up. Just like people use Chronos' 2 for all 4 sections of his wheel. It's situation dependent.

it does. if you aren't low hp, you can charge your passive freely with her 1. if you are in good position, you can use her 3 for mobility with no problem.
    How in your retarded little mind is that changed in my suggestion?

You use your 1 to charge your passive, you no longer have the option to use it for sustain until the next time it's of CD. You use your 1 in my suggestion to charge your passive, well you still get the speed boost for the duration, but you won't be able to save the CD for later. What's the major difference? Other than my suggestion is infinitely better for pre-popping before going aggressive since you get the mobility to chase and reposition AND get max passive to do more damage (Rather than the current version where if you pre-pop it for passive you don't get heals because it's based on missing health when you CAST it)

You use your 3 now for mobility and you don't have it available for the aegis effect. In my suggestion, you use your 3 for sustain and you don't have it available for the aegis effect (Though you can mitigate this by getting alternative sustain methods so you're less likely to need to use it for sustain). Meanwhile, I'm advocating for it to be more effective at actually being useful during high pressure moments by actually giving you some defence by way of healing before you get that aegis effect.

still, any buffs or positive changes are impossible. because, first off all, ppl will cry about her being OP after any buff, even, if they nerf her couple more times before it. secondly, Hi-Rez aren't going to buff her, if they think she was OP in S4...
    They won't outright buff her CURRENT kit because it's bloated. However, if my changes are put in then a lot of the bloat factor is removed which can actually leave a power vacuum where things CAN be added in without people causing an outcry.

and why exactly you think they gonna give her longer speed buff?
    BECAUSE OF THE SUGGESTED CHANGES TO HER KIT.

Christ, use your brain for 5 fucking seconds...

Her speed buff is 3 seconds currently because it's tied to her aegis effect, which they have deemed necessary to put a 3 second delay on before the total immunity to everything occurs. Detatching it from the aegis effect which needs a specific timer to be balanced due to the duration of the immunity allows it to be brought up to the duration of most other speed boosts (Cabrakan's 1: 5 seconds, Chronos' 2: 7 seconds, Poseidon 2: 6 seconds, KKK's 2: 4 seconds)

Also note worthy, is I've not carried over the slow immunity on her speed boost, to further reduce the bloatedness of her kit and potential cries of "OP" from changing her in a positive way. Which further gives potential for increased duration (Which, outside of a few specific match ups is superior for a god that is notoriously limited in being able to secure kills outside of 2>4 combo after losing Fatalis effect for chase potential)

they doesn't increase her slow duration, regardless everyone understand, that 1.5 sec slow is nothing, when you have no reliable cc outside of that.
    Having no reliable outside of that is WHY an extra 1.5s of slow is impactful.

I mean, I take it you don't play much Odin to feel how much better he is to play after receiving his additional hit of slow and that is only an extra like 0.5 seconds slow because the way he double swings anyway (Faster than Sol's 2 contracts) and he doesn't have a combo to utilize with that slow like Sol does, nor does he have something like Polynomicon that he wants an initial slow for to have easier confirm of the 1 basic that matters.

because for Janus using half of his kit for escape means you are most likely unable to chase him, if he use ult on top of that, it's just impossible, since he can run through half of the map with it. but for Sol it means the same as she does right now, except you have to use 2 abilities, not 1.
    And WHY is that a problem?

Are you just too stupid to press more than 1 button?

Do you just like Sol because her 1 is basically non-existent and you only have to focus on pressing 2,3 and 4?

Are you just going against any potential change because you secretly love bitching about how bad Sol is all the time and moaning whenever any new god has anything remotely similar to anything in Sol's kit?

With my suggested changes, there will be many situations where just using her 1 or just using her 3 will get you to safety. Sure, if you're REALLY in trouble, you pop both and GTFO. But if you only pop one of them, then you can actually stick around in lane since you still have the other to rely on while CD's come back.

It's exactly the same as for Janus. His 1 and 3 are utility, he will often hold his 1 for the escape and is more likely to use his 3 offensively. However, he can risk it and use both his 1 and 3 offensively (His 4 too) or he can play safe and hold any number of those skills to use defensively.

It'd be exactly the same for my suggested Sol. She would be able to use her 1 offensively and use her 3 for sustain. Or she could play safer and hold one or both of them for defensive usage.

Just like right now, where you can pop your 3 to use offensively for the mobility, or you can save it for the safety factor.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    BECAUSE OF THE SUGGESTED CHANGES TO HER KIT.
    we both know they won't change her like that... we both know they most likely won't change her at all. it's much easier for them to not working around her at all, just nerf her when ppl cry too much, because that is how Hi-Rez do their "balance", when it comes to Sol.

Also note worthy, is I've not carried over the slow immunity on her speed boost, to further reduce the bloatedness of her kit and potential cries of "OP" from changing her in a positive way. Which further gives potential for increased duration (Which, outside of a few specific match ups is superior for a god that is notoriously limited in being able to secure kills outside of 2>4 combo after losing Fatalis effect for chase potential)
    so you suggest to delete slow immunity aswell?(and this guy said i don't use my brain...) so her kill confirmation is next to zero right now, because she have no reliable cc to lock target down and can't chase, because using aa makes her slow af, even with a speed buff. and you suggest to remove slow immunity? so you suggest to make her kill confirmation from next to zero to just zero? positive changes, hah?
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    we both know they won't change her like that... we both know they most likely won't change her at all.
    Yeah, but I can still make suggestions and put out ideas.

Hi-Rez will keep doing Hi-Rez things and will probably see Sol falling out of favour and respond by... Buffing Chronos some more.

so you suggest to delete slow immunity aswell?(and this guy said i don't use my brain...) so her kill confirmation is next to zero right now, because she have no reliable cc to lock target down and can't chase, because using aa makes her slow af, even with a speed buff. and you suggest to remove slow immunity? so you suggest to make her kill confirmation from next to zero to just zero? positive changes, hah?
    Slow immunity is needed for her to confirm kills? Since when?

Whenever I play Chronos I chase people down just fine with just LMB + W with his speed buff that has no slow immunity (Because it actually has a duration that isn't 3 second that then culminates in shutting off your basic attacks unless you insta-cancel)

Slow immunity isn't actually needed in her kit. Sure, you might argue about the defensive benefits to it, but honestly if you're actually needing the slow immunity IN ADDITION to movement speed boost, then you're pretty much relying on that Aegis effect to keep you safe anyway.

The slow immunity just makes her more frustrating to deal with and further fuels the "Sol is bloated" and "Sol is OP" arguments because it allows her to play bad and still get out because lel slow immunity > immunity to everything just takes a massive dump on several gods that rely on slows (Like, it makes her immune to Nemesis for example. Nem can't do crap against people with slow immunity)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Achievements:
    Yeah, but I can still make suggestions and put out ideas.

Hi-Rez will keep doing Hi-Rez things and will probably see Sol falling out of favour and respond by... Buffing Chronos some more.
    exactly. why would they bother about making her balanced, if they have another 90+ gods?

this is the problem of MOBA's in general. having huge character pool may sound good, because you can find a character you like to play(and that's how i come to Smite form MMORPG's, because i was tired to see all the same shit with different names in every MMORPG). but in the same time, having huge character pool means, that developers doesn't care that much about everyone of them.

Slow immunity is needed for her to confirm kills? Since when?

Whenever I play Chronos I chase people down just fine with just LMB + W with his speed buff that has no slow immunity (Because it actually has a duration that isn't 3 second that then culminates in shutting off your basic attacks unless you insta-cancel)

Slow immunity isn't actually needed in her kit. Sure, you might argue about the defensive benefits to it, but honestly if you're actually needing the slow immunity IN ADDITION to movement speed boost, then you're pretty much relying on that Aegis effect to keep you safe anyway.

The slow immunity just makes her more frustrating to deal with and further fuels the "Sol is bloated" and "Sol is OP" arguments because it allows her to play bad and still get out because lel slow immunity > immunity to everything just takes a massive dump on several gods that rely on slows (Like, it makes her immune to Nemesis for example. Nem can't do crap against people with slow immunity)
    in her case, yes, you need slow immunity to chase. because with Chronos you at least have a stun, so you can put enemy to very low hp before they start to running away. also his aa hits far harder, than Sol's. but when it comes to Sol, enemy god can easily retreat at any amount of hp left, like half or so. so enemy god running away, you chase him with your speed buff, you get slowed and he can just walk away without using his escape or blink/sprint. that's why she need it. and same about using it offencively.
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    exactly. why would they bother about making her balanced, if they have another 90+ gods?
    Because they can.

Hi-Rez have shown that they will address gods, if you look at the rework that Raijin got and the recent buffs to Zhonger Donger to bring them into the meta.

Heck, they've even shown that they are willing to change even strong gods in order to alter their playstyle to make them more well rounded, as evidenced by their recent overhaul of Freya.

But anyway, providing feedback costs me nothing. Hi-Rez can choose to do with it what they wish, and all I needed to do was spend some of the 3 minutes I need to wait for an Arena queue typing out my thoughts...

in her case, yes, you need slow immunity to chase. because with Chronos you at least have a stun, so you can put enemy to very low hp before they start to running away. also his aa hits far harder, than Sol's. but when it comes to Sol, enemy god can easily retreat at any amount of hp left, like half or so. so enemy god running away, you chase him with your speed buff, you get slowed and he can just walk away without using his escape or blink/sprint. that's why she need it. and same about using it offencively.
    In all of my time playing Sol, I have never once needed her slow immunity in order to chase.

Either the mobility from her 3 is enough, I can pop my ult to secure the kill or someone decides that as a Sol I'm a free kill and tries to box with me.

Outside of that, if they get away, they get away. Never mattering if I have slow immunity or not. Usually, if the mobility from my 3 isn't enough, it's because it only lasts 3 seconds...

Compared to Chronos, whom I regularly chase people down even if I miss my stun ('cause it's not particularly hard to juke for semi-competent players) because few people can really get away from 7 seconds of up to 45% movement speed (In addition to whatever MS you have from building rings) even if slows get applied.
    Preferred Gods:

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,477
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    You're literally questioning why a god should be balanced. This alone should prove that you have no place even trying to have a discussion about balance.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I still don't know what she is, is she a mage? adc? cause now im building this hybrid build and I still don't know what to do, and she sucks early game tbh.

Achievements:
    Because they can.
    they can, sure, but they still do nothing...

Hi-Rez have shown that they will address gods, if you look at the rework that Raijin got and the recent buffs to Zhonger Donger to bring them into the meta.

Heck, they've even shown that they are willing to change even strong gods in order to alter their playstyle to make them more well rounded, as evidenced by their recent overhaul of Freya.
    can't say much about first two guys, but Freya rework isn't example of good rework. not as bad as Ratatoskr rework, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    You're literally questioning why a god should be balanced. This alone should prove that you have no place even trying to have a discussion about balance.
    lol. i told about this particular god, not about any god. balancing her is somehow problematic for them, so they can just ignore her if she isn't OP. they still have other 90+ gods, keeping one god unbalanced doesn't make the game unbalanced in general, unless this god is OP af...
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 08-05-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    I still don't know what she is, is she a mage? adc? cause now im building this hybrid build and I still don't know what to do, and she sucks early game tbh.
    they tryed to make her versatile. somehow, "versatile" means " can do everything, but suck in everything" for Hi-Rez...
    my YouTube channel