Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why I'm leaving Smite after years playing.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    This message is cross-posted in 3 differents appropriate sections of the forum to increase visibility. Please moderators, do not delete them as long i'm respectful of the conditions of use.
    The conditions include "no spamming".

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofproofMocha View Post
    RainbowSplat, you need to see it from the perspective of others. Many players just want to jam out to ranked with their friends and grind to see just how far they can get,
    You also need look from other perspective such as SoloQ players there is many of them aswell and when they get into matches with premade parties its not really fair against them
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    You also need look from other perspective such as SoloQ players there is many of them aswell and when they get into matches with premade parties its not really fair against them
    Exactly. This system will be fair to everyone. It may not be as "fun" as partying with others but ranked is not for fun anyway.
    Rip & Tear

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofproofMocha View Post
    RainbowSplat, you need to see it from the perspective of others. Many players just want to jam out to ranked with their friends and grind to see just how far they can get, it is the thrill of seeing your hard work and communication that leads you to plan attacks and take out unsuspecting players. This game is a competitive game. If you want to play ranked without having to face some obstacles then you shouldn't be playing ranked at all, as that is not the point of it. I can understand your point though, I have played solo queue more than I have played party queues. It does suck that sometimes you get this game where a group of people REALLY synergize together and absolutely destroy your team because you are in a party. That should give you the motivation to join a clan and try to make some friends there so you can achieve that level of gameplay. Clans will become soo useless when multiplayer gets taken out of ranked. Also, if Hi-Rez did this because they believed that it was unfair, then add a solo queue only ranked mode and a normal ranked mode. Rocket League has this and it works well for them. I just don't see why Smite wants to drive so much of their fanbase out of the front doors by removing party queues from ranked. Those people sure aren't going to move onto Realm Royale or Paladins after seeing the crap Hi-Rez pulls.

Literally everyone that absolutely 100% roots for this update just doesn't have the balls to get a mic and find some friends either in a clan/ or irl to party up with.
    What thrill is there or challenge in 3 stacking in joust or 5 stacking in case against solo qued players.

Those that oppose the change are just raid babies and need their hands held to get a win.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Look at the last couple of months of Paragon, lots of players complained when they soloQ but were matched with pre-made teams. Exactly looks like a dying game.

Ranked should be fair and pre-made party should not be allowed.

Play for fun with friends should go to unranked game.
    Last edited by Pizza210; 07-21-2018 at 03:10 AM.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza210 View Post
    Look at the last couple of months of Paragon, lots of players complained when they soloQ but were matched with pre-made teams. Exactly looks like a dying game.

Ranked should be fair and pre-made party should not be allowed.

Play for fun with friends should go to unranked game.
    Paragon was fun, but a mess.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I lost my last ranked game after a coordinated beating by a premade plat and diamond team against us solo gold players.
    Can't wait to get my hands on that next patch...

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Fun fact, I just played 2 ranked games in duo with my friend, but after this, no more duo allowed.
    Time to say bye for real now, and let my account sleeps with thousands of gems

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I've written this before, I will do it again.

-

People complained about Silvers being matched with high Plat/Diamond because Silvers go into party with Gold players and Gold players can be matched with Plat that can be matched with Diamond so the sh*t was real.

They've decided to restrict that and make it better which should help.

"Booo, I complain now, the previous system was better, bring it back".

-----

I don't understand. Almost everyone complained about sh*t matchmaker and sh*t match balancer and they've decided to make it better with Timed Queue which should be much better with the end result, and people still complain but this time on "how the previous system was better" when it was super garbage?

k

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Because playing with friends is what people are looking for, in Smite or any other game, in casual or in rank.
    Removing this feature says to players : "Hey we have a good game here, but if you want to play seriously, you have to play alone."

People won't buy it.I checked my ranked friendlist wich is a tryhard one: none have tried to play ranked since the patch, because ALL of them are used to play duo. Most of them told me they have quit to another MOBA or another game.

I can understand Hi-Rez want to improve the experience, but improving doesn't mean to hardly cut in what is already here. Maybe working on a separate duo queue with higher timers would have been nice for everybody. As i said before i'm here since 6 years I guess, and today i'm sad.

Sorry for my english again, it's not my native language.