Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm leaving Smite after years playing.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Why I'm leaving Smite after years playing.

Ranked Conquest
    This mode has been changed to be Solo only. Parties of no sizes are allowed
    Bravo for this idea, you've killed the game for many of us.

I'm playing Smite since i'm beta-tester (more than 5 years I guess) and the only reason for me to play was to duo ranked with my best friend. I understand that you want to make the queues faster & fair, but this way will, you'll make all the people I know and asked for, turning out of the game.

Hi-Rez, you must understand a competitive game is made for : playing with friends who want to challenge themselves. I have no point to continue playing Smite if i can't play competitive with friends, and I will never play in casual conquest with them as long there is no challenge or pro-players with a strong teamplay. Let's be factual : casual mode is just the players garbage can and i'm not interested in it. I'll never be and all my friends will never be.

So please Hi-Rez, read this message and ask yourself : Is it really a good idea ? How can we change the game in the right direction without removing a feature that all the MOBA still have ? I'm repeating myself but playing with friends in competitive modes is what keeps the game (and any games) alive.

Hi-rez, I beg you to think again and remove this line from your patch note. I'm really enjoying to play Smite since years now. I remember when the jungle was in the map sides and all the strange modifications you made to it. I've always been your first supporter and even bring you some new players, even when they were focused on others MOBA at first. But this ? I'm sorry but no.

If you can't and won't come back on your decision, then long life to Smite, it was many years of fun, and i'm missing it already.

This message is cross-posted in 3 differents appropriate sections of the forum to increase visibility. Please moderators, do not delete them as long i'm respectful of the conditions of use. Also, sorry for my english, i'm french native.

Bye Smite.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    I agree removing parties from Match Making is stupid, Smite as it is already feels dead, despite the only reason I like smite is because of the Unique Gods & Characters / Skins.

Ranked Mode, is by far the most toxic, in fact i've been banned twice, went through so many matches with (Toxic Players) it's not even funny.

The problem with Ranked isn't that people Queue with friends its the horrid match-making system, and making it solo only.

Instead a new type of Queue system should be put in and players should be allowed to play among friends in Queue.

Queue Timers need to be improved.

And the last thing instead of just looking at reports or using an automated system when players are (ABUSIVE OR TOXIC) in chat, and file a (FALSE REPORT) start looking at what they said in the persons match as well because I can say for certain that my entire folder of Chat-Logs from smite in matches i've gotten account suspended from clearly so toxicity from others, which btw Riot Games & Blizzard would not have in their games, (GOOD WILL) is garbasge and should be removed or only acted upon when evidence is clearly validated.

Please leave the ability to play with friends there, and put in measures to remove the toxic abusers from chat / game rather than punish people they report after they have been abusive in chat themselves.

But then what do I know $300+ in Smite, and lack of improvements over many years, $300+ in LOL and many improvements, no bans, even in games where I have done like really bad even when reported because their system detects the toxic players who abuse chat automatically.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Its not really stupid when it comes to Ranked becuz in Soloq everyone have equal chances but when there was parties in Ranked they had insane advantage not to mention so many times i had Ranked matches with 5 SoloQ players against team with double party and it was never fair
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Lord__Hazanko's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Play casual then. Insane matchmaking and solo ques getting destroyed by stacks over and over drives so many people away. Theres literally new threads every other day of people complaining about it. This seems like a reasonable solution to me.
    A knight without armor in a savage land

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Had a lot of matches where only on of the guys in a ranked party would talk. I've been top spot a few times, asked if anyone wants a role, gotten no response, so I'll take jungle or support and lock. Then 4th picks and locks same role. Ask wtf they're doing, 'oh he's due with me in duo/mid' that's helpful. Thanks.

Fun times.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Parties have advantage over solo players, therefore it's not fair. This is a good update. End of discussion.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Its not fair is an atrocious argument when it's allowed in literally every other mode including Ranked Joust. Its a bold but questionable decision to try and take team building out of a team game.

Wanna win ranked games? How about removing guarantee of playing with others who you KNOW will communicate, care about comp, synergy and so on... Because... Its fair. People are already shambolically selfish about what role and gods they want to play and so on so yeah like I said it's a very questionable decision because it's not like the solo players in themselves were denied chance to party up themselves.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Its not fair is an atrocious argument when it's allowed in literally every other mode including Ranked Joust. Its a bold but questionable decision to try and take team building out of a team game.

Wanna win ranked games? How about removing guarantee of playing with others who you KNOW will communicate, care about comp, synergy and so on... Because... Its fair. People are already shambolically selfish about what role and gods they want to play and so on so yeah like I said it's a very questionable decision because it's not like the solo players in themselves were denied chance to party up themselves.
    There's also those parties of two that have decided they will be duo no matter what. And with parties, there will in most cases be solo queuers in the same match, 2-2-1.
    Rip & Tear

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    At best, I could see them allowing 5 player parties, with the caveat that they will only be matched against other 5 player parties.

Any smaller number of players in a party and it starts to mess with solo queue players in a variety of different ways (Better communication because using coms, or lack of communication because they only speak within their party etc)

I suppose they could do something like HotS and have 2 separate ranked queues specifically for solo queue and 5 man stack.

Outside of that, you can still 2/3/4 man queue in casual...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

New Member Cupidhead GoofproofMocha's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    RainbowSplat, you need to see it from the perspective of others. Many players just want to jam out to ranked with their friends and grind to see just how far they can get, it is the thrill of seeing your hard work and communication that leads you to plan attacks and take out unsuspecting players. This game is a competitive game. If you want to play ranked without having to face some obstacles then you shouldn't be playing ranked at all, as that is not the point of it. I can understand your point though, I have played solo queue more than I have played party queues. It does suck that sometimes you get this game where a group of people REALLY synergize together and absolutely destroy your team because you are in a party. That should give you the motivation to join a clan and try to make some friends there so you can achieve that level of gameplay. Clans will become soo useless when multiplayer gets taken out of ranked. Also, if Hi-Rez did this because they believed that it was unfair, then add a solo queue only ranked mode and a normal ranked mode. Rocket League has this and it works well for them. I just don't see why Smite wants to drive so much of their fanbase out of the front doors by removing party queues from ranked. Those people sure aren't going to move onto Realm Royale or Paladins after seeing the crap Hi-Rez pulls.

Literally everyone that absolutely 100% roots for this update just doesn't have the balls to get a mic and find some friends either in a clan/ or irl to party up with.