Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to make healers fun?

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I hate that we get balance updates based slightly on that 90%, like this upcoming change to asclepious making it a not true anti heal counter.
    I'm not sure Asclepius was ever even touted as an anti-heal counter.

If I recall correctly, it was buffed before anti-heal became prevalent, then when all healers (Except Aphro) got nerfed across the board, they changed it into the "In combat healing boost" item (To get away from the pro meta of "Stand around Terra Monolith after every poke")

They also simultaneously buffed anti-heal items to help counter healers, not buffing Asclepius to counter anti-heal.

Also, the developer comments around the item were entirely focused on it being bought on healers for to heal their team, rather than considering lifesteal at all.

Sure, it sucks for Anubis, who relies on Lifesteal as his only defence... But you could always just buy more lifesteal. Like, buy a Pythags and get 24% (48% for Anubis) more lifesteal.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Well if you read my whole post you'd see why buying more lifesteal doesn't work.

Used to be asclepious brings 40% antiheal down to a much more manageable 15%(35% if they have pestilence too). A 2nd antiheal means instead of 80-100% they have 55-75% antiheal which is still manageable. They'd need a 3rd source to top it off. Now we can't even get the asclepious which means 2 sources alone is enough to completely shut down lifesteal.

So a chang'e with divine ruin is instant 90% antiheal, doesn't matter how much you build since you already only receive 1/3 healing for aoe damage sources and it is limited on targets current hp(you deal 3k damage but target only had 50 health left, lifesteal off the 50 health). If she happens to build pestilence for magic defense that's it, no healing whatsoever.

Freya can apply divine ruin and toxic dagger at the same time for 80%.

Honestly just the 40% from a single source is pretty bad to deal with, 55-75% with asclepious isn't that bad only because by the time you usually need to deal with that much you're past midgame and you've the items to deal with a more burst and back style.

I really hope they give us back an antiheal counter, even if it is a different item that only affects antiheal instead of increased healing. Otherwise sustain gods in general are going to be in a rough spot as we approach an antiheal meta.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    therwise sustain gods in general are going to be in a rough spot as we approach an antiheal meta.
    Yeah, they nerfed Aphrodite's Love Birds, not much but still a nerf, not to mention in higher plays in Conquest some experienced players WILL build anti heal, and with all that Anti heal I can't do anything, I can't outheal the damage they do, making me feel useless in teamfight, They will have tons of anti heal, they will focus on getting rid of you first, and you can't outheal all that like I said! This is the reason why I avoid playing Aphro. People expect you to heal them 0-100% and with all these items it's just not possible, The only time I play Aphrodite is really really Rarely in Conquest and that's Solo role, I'd definitely love to play her more often.

Last Clash, don't really remember when...We had Aphrodite on our team, she did good, but everytime an ally would die because she couldn't outheal enemies with shit tons of anti heal, they would say in chat "this fkin useless aphrodite" and they kept harassing, that happens like every time, people just expect you to heal them 0-100, and when you lose a game (because allies dive 1v5 thinking you got their backs, you can heal them for max hp) who else is there to blame? But Aphrodite, of course! Why? You didn't heal them and ur useless
    Last edited by RipleyW; 07-16-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    There's no war we have not won!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyW View Post
    Yeah, they nerfed Aphrodite's Love Birds, not much but still a nerf
    What I find interesting, is I believe that the nerf was directed more towards the fact that she was such a high pick/ban rate in competitive.

Then the nerf was to the scaling of her heal, which is redundant since in competitive they don't build power on her... Just boots, Asclepius and Soul Reaver everything else is tank...

Saying that, next patch they remove her synergy with Soul Reaver anyway (By making it less of a one shot burst aside from multi-hit abilities) so that might take her down in competitive too...

On the other hand, she was the only healer in the game that didn't get a reduction to healing in the big healer nerf of S4 (I believe their reasoning was something along the lines of "It's all she can do so we can't nerf it")
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I completely understand the reaction. If I was on the enemy team I would be focusing the healer too. Everyone who played some MMO's knows this.

Or if we're looking at Mercy from Overwatch, count shooters to that too.
    In fact, Overwatch Healers are a good example of balanced healers, they dish out lot's of healing and are yet easy to kill. It takes a lot of coordination from their team to protect them right.
    Seems healthy to say the least.
    Last edited by GoIdschuss; 07-17-2018 at 04:05 AM.

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think straight up healers should some tweaks. Aphro and Hel do either shift the entire meta into healer meta, or become memes. In the case of healers like Terra, Sylvanus, and Ra, they're still highly valued because of what they bring IN ADDITION to the heals. Even in LoL and HotS, many of the healers have major things they bring along side that healing. Soraka in Lol is largely a healer, but even without it, she has a great silence in her kit for zoning. Take....The starcraft healer from HotS (forget her name, ok?). She has grenades with a few different interacts, depending on talents taken.

Aphro and hel suffer a large chunk from their sole identity as healers. If you take away their healing, they're bad mages.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Take....The starcraft healer from HotS (forget her name, ok?). She has grenades with a few different interacts, depending on talents taken.
    I don't think Morales is a good example, since Morales has sucked since her release because all she provides is healing and it's too easy to shut that down (Because she has no defence exacerbated by the fact that her grenade has sucky mechanics for self peel)
    Preferred Gods:

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I don't think Morales is a good example, since Morales has sucked since her release because all she provides is healing and it's too easy to shut that down (Because she has no defence exacerbated by the fact that her grenade has sucky mechanics for self peel)
    Fair point. Rengar with his shields and shizz is probably a better example.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Fair point. Rengar with his shields and shizz is probably a better example.
    I'd probably go with Tyrande as an example.

She has a heal, she can talent to improve that heal.

However, her main draw is the other parts of her kit - Her stun, her vulnerability passive and her global vision/damage birb.
    Preferred Gods:

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Maybe in draft modes but in QM, every Morales seems to have a team that protects her well, makes killing anything literally impossible. (Just like Aphro).
    Rip & Tear