Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who Next For a Rework?

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Loki is where he should be. Either you are good with him or your not. Not everyone needs to be able to play every god like a pro. Loki is meant to not be seen. He's supposed to pick off weak gods or gods that are alone when they shouldn't be. I don’t know what they could rework.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    Loki is where he should be. Either you are good with him or your not. Not everyone needs to be able to play every god like a pro. Loki is meant to not be seen. He's supposed to pick off weak gods or gods that are alone when they shouldn't be. I don’t know what they could rework.
    Loki's one dimensional, all he does it focus a single target with damage. A feat reproducible by literally every other Assassin and some Warriors in the game. Meanwhile everyone else brings additional things to a team.

What they could rework, is his entire kit. In order to give him something else to do other than pub stomp (Since that's all that there is for him. It's not about "Being good with him or not" it's "Play against retards or not" since competent people can shut down even 20 star Loki mains by just stopping him doing the literal one thing he can do)

Like, at the base level, you could combine his 1 and 3 and then give him a new skill.

But that still has some of the problems in regards to him being inherently frustrating to play against.

So you can sit down and look at him and ask yourself:

What about Loki in the lore is notable. Typically the first thing that springs to mind for me, is he plays tricks on other gods by shapeshifting into animals. He's the father of Hel, Jormungand and Fenrir (Also the mother of Sleipnir...) and is considered a god of fire. Also, after annoying the gods too much, they tie him to a rock using his son's (Nafir) entrails while a snake sits above him dripping venom onto him until he breaks free during Ragnarok and aids the Giants in their battle against the gods.

Which is clearly represented in his kit by... Uhh... Umm... He stabs people?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    ...You're kidding, right? He's garbage. He has no teamfight presence and all he can do is splitpush--something that's relatively easy to counter when you ward and use the teleport relic. You can't just buff him to make him good, either, since he's so specialized on one thing that either he's too good at that and he's OP (like old Freya) or he's only good for that one thing and sucks too hard at everything else (as now).

Loki needs a rework something fierce, and I personally take issue with everyone who defends him and makes him do well in casuals, making HR think that this god is perfectly fine when he's not.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    ...You're kidding, right? He's garbage. He has no teamfight presence and all he can do is splitpush--something that's relatively easy to counter when you ward and use the teleport relic. You can't just buff him to make him good, either, since he's so specialized on one thing that either he's too good at that and he's OP (like old Freya) or he's only good for that one thing and sucks too hard at everything else (as now).

Loki needs a rework something fierce, and I personally take issue with everyone who defends him and makes him do well in casuals, making HR think that this god is perfectly fine when he's not.
    Loki isn't meant for team fights. Just that would be the downside to him. I never play him in Conquest. I think conquest is long and drawn out. They'd have to completely change Loki, everything he is, and I can't see that happening.
    But what if..... they made him a stance changer?

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    They could make his little decoy have a new CC type, forcing opponents in the circle to face the decoy (not attack it like a taunt, just look at it). This way they can't turn without sidestepping or walking backwards out of the circle. It's a pretty small circle so it shouldn't be too OP other than making some people miss their wind-up skill shots.

Useful for making Susano'o shoot his ult in the wrong direction, or Nike hit the wrong way, or Kumhbakarna root etc etc.

Aside from that, the brief disorientation can really hurt an opponent's momentum. Might not be huge team fight assistance but it is something.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Loki isn't meant for team fights.
    That's the point.

Every other god that isn't in this thread has something they can do in teamfights (I listed in OP a bunch of things other assassins can do in teamfights aside from bursting single targets)

Even if it's not their primary focus, they can at least do something when it comes to teamfights, which is a large part of the game (Conquest is entirely teamfights mid-late game, Arena is nothing but teamfights, Clash becomes just teamfights late game and often can start early too, Assault is pure teamfight, Joust is entirely teamfight albeit with smaller teams).

Take for example Serqet. Her role is primarily to find a single target, burst them down and kill them. However, in a teamfight, if she can't do that, she can at least CC with her 2 and reposition (Also 100% anti-heal) with her ult. Sure, you still wanna see a single isolated person to jump on and erase, but you have impact in lieu of that.
    It'd be truer to the lore, given his unique thing is being able to shapeshift into any other living thing, which he uses for a number of reasons (Mostly to save himself because of something dumb he did to get into trouble)

It would also be an easy way to give him utility to make him more diverse in what he can bring to a team.

The hardest thing would be trying to figure out what stance(s) he should get, given his options being "Any other living thing"
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Loki isn't meant for team fights. Just that would be the downside to him.
    But it's a crippling downside. It makes him basically useless. He can't get a kill without dying himself in situations where any other assassin is better off, he has no poke, and he has very little CC and all of it's single-target. He's bad.

I never play him in Conquest. I think conquest is long and drawn out.
    That's where balance is decided, so that's what Loki needs to be reworked for. It doesn't matter whether you like it or not; the fact is that Loki is bad there and so he is a bad god on the whole.

They'd have to completely change Loki, everything he is, and I can't see that happening.
    Ao Guang exemplifies that a god can be stealthy, have burst, and still be viable. Loki can keep his playstyle for the most part; he just needs to have a power shift from stealth and splitpushing to teamfight presence.

That depends on what each stance does.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Tbh, I feel like Loki needs love on his 2. The rest of his kit is...singular, but that's not inherently a bad thing. If he had some sort of mobility that could also act as clear possibly (sylvanus' banshee wave from HotS comes to mind), it would give him the ability to poke which gives him options to the poke at range, get the backline without the ult, or stealth in and harass while still having an out without his ult. This would make him basically the same, but put him in a state similar to other assassins.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    But it's a crippling downside. It makes him basically useless. He can't get a kill without dying himself in situations where any other assassin is better off, he has no poke, and he has very little CC and all of it's single-target. He's bad.

That's where balance is decided, so that's what Loki needs to be reworked for. It doesn't matter whether you like it or not; the fact is that Loki is bad there and so he is a bad god on the whole.

Ao Guang exemplifies that a god can be stealthy, have burst, and still be viable. Loki can keep his playstyle for the most part; he just needs to have a power shift from stealth and splitpushing to teamfight presence.

That depends on what each stance does.
    Maybe a trickster stance that includes looking like a enemy teammate and invisibility. And a Assassin stance, with poisons and stuff. I dunno.