Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Genderbent skins

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I hate those spoiler buttons, it makes mobile user's forum experience awful, i can't click on them for the reveal and they prevent me from using ANY buttons below your post. I had to quote the guy above you and delete the quote portion of my message just to reply to the thread...

Fix your forums please hi-rez, make them mobile friendly

Junior Member Cupidhead Finnbarr's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I mean, Terra's pretty thicc so she could probably be used and make a serviceable male, though you'd probably expect Father Nature to be a bit more hench...

Anyway...

Here's some fan art of R63 gods:

DAMN, Aphro could get some

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyW View Post
    We already have? Female Khepri (Ladybug) and male Khepri (Hug Bug)
    The only reason Khepri got a female skin is because it didn't really require to make a brand new skeleton model for the god. His model doesn't really change if they make a female skin for him, unlike if we give Chaac a female skin or Aphrodite a male skin, those would require a lot of work and changes. If a gender swap skin is made for other gods, the only one I see this possible is Cerberus.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    we have it as an exceptions. the day when they start to make such skins for all gods will be the worst day in Smite history.
    yeah it can get too cringe real ez. I really like ladybug and opera baccus is a really cool somewhere inbetween concept.
    Rocking the boat

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Im all up for female Chronos skin
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    ...Are you just trolling, or are you on a whole new level of transphobic paranoia right now?
    not realy. i don't give a shit about them in real life, i just don't want to see them in my games. genderbend skins are terrible idea by itself. it can be ok, if it made as some parody, but if this made with all seriousness, it's disgusting.

To entertain your question: I won't give a shit if Bacchus, one of my favorite gods, gets a skin where he's either trans or a biological woman. Hell, he practically has that now, and it's a good fucking skin.
    dude, we talking about Hi-Rez here... when ppl asked to rework Ratatoskr, they made him to Thor parody. when ppl asked for Freya rework... well, take a look at her on PTS right now. im 100% sure, if they start making genderbend skins for all gods some day, it won't end well.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    not realy. i don't give a shit about them in real life, i just don't want to see them in my games. genderbend skins are terrible idea by itself. it can be ok, if it made as some parody, but if this made with all seriousness, it's disgusting.
    So you don't want to see transsexuals in your games, but somehow you're not a transphobe? Hell, I'd even go so far as to say Caeneus, a minor character from Greek mythology, could be awesome enough to warrant an entire trans god.

You have yet to explain why genderbent skins are bad. What is the intrinsic flaw in giving Apollo a skin where he is instead a cocky chick instead of a cocky dude? Why can't Terra get a skin where she's For Honor's Centurion? It changes nothing. It's a cosmetic.

dude, we talking about Hi-Rez here... when ppl asked to rework Ratatoskr, they made him to Thor parody. when ppl asked for Freya rework... well, take a look at her on PTS right now. im 100% sure, if they start making genderbend skins for all gods some day, it won't end well.
    1. HR reworking a character's gameplay has absolutely nothing to do with a skin. They made Rat boring to play, but he still has good skins.
    2. Freya's rework, though OP, is a step up from her last iteration in terms of design.
    3. Not every god needs (or is even able to have) a genderbent skin. Herc's rig just wouldn't work on a woman unless she wasn't supposed to be human. That doesn't make them unreasonable to have.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hell, I'd even go so far as to say Caeneus, a minor character from Greek mythology, could be awesome enough to warrant an entire trans god.
    if they make a trans god nad leave other gods alone, i don't give a shit. if this character is a trans by mythology, ok, fine. but making other gods look like transsexuals is disgusting idea.

You have yet to explain why genderbent skins are bad. What is the intrinsic flaw in giving Apollo a skin where he is instead a cocky chick instead of a cocky dude? Why can't Terra get a skin where she's For Honor's Centurion? It changes nothing. It's a cosmetic.
    i don't realy give a fuck about Apollo... there are a lot of gods, who doesn't need any kind of genderbend skins.

1. HR reworking a character's gameplay has absolutely nothing to do with a skin. They made Rat boring to play, but he still has good skins.
    2. Freya's rework, though OP, is a step up from her last iteration in terms of design.
    ffs, dude. the whole point of Ratatoskr and Freya examples was a fact, that if Hi-Rez doing something community asks, it doesn't end well...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    if they make a trans god nad leave other gods alone, i don't give a shit. if this character is a trans by mythology, ok, fine. but making other gods look like transsexuals is disgusting idea.

why would it be disgusting unless you are a transphobe? i do not doubt you are one btw im just trying to see if you are capable of admitting it.
    theres nothing wrong with having genderbent skins. and for your transphobic ass, dont worry. they wont be trans people that you are so hateful towards, but females/males since birth. hirez lacks the balls to have trans people represented in their game.

Why can't Terra get a skin where she's For Honor's Centurion? It changes nothing.
    it changes a lot, cus that would be INCREDIBILIS my boy.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Yeah, you're a transphobe. Just admit it. Trans characters would not be disgusting, you're just an asshole with an unnecessary bias against a demographic of people.

i don't realy give a fuck about Apollo... there are a lot of gods, who doesn't need any kind of genderbend skins.
    No god NEEDS a genderbent skin. In fact, no god NEEDS any skins except for profiting on the game. But if genderbending makes a certain skin work better (i.e. making Poseidon into Gali from Bionicle or Skadi into Kopaka), there is no reason not to do it.

ffs, dude. the whole point of Ratatoskr and Freya examples was a fact, that if Hi-Rez doing something community asks, it doesn't end well...
    Again, you're comparing apples to oranges, you're ignoring that the Freya rework is far better off than her original kit, and you're ignoring that HR can, in fact, make good content based on what the community wants. Just stop being a cunt, man.

Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    it changes a lot, cus that would be INCREDIBILIS my boy.
    *intellectual oh-ho-ho-ing*
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts