Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.13 Mid-Season Update Notes

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    So, my initial reaction to the Soul Reaver change was that it sucks because SR was nifty to pick up on Guardians to provide a little bit of burst (Given that they have limited slots to build damage if frontlining and some have crappy scaling and there aren't that many good pen options for them these days)

But second thought was thinking about how it would work on Fafnir.

Given that, his Coerce allows for item procs (So stuff like Gem of Isolation and Spear of the Magus is hilarious). Would this mean that SR on Fafnir means you can give anyone on your team Qin's? Also, dragonform meaning whole team can get Qin's (Including that breath attack on Fafnir himself)?

Or is Fafnir gonna get hit with the nerf bat because of this item?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    So, my initial reaction to the Soul Reaver change was that it sucks because SR was nifty to pick up on Guardians to provide a little bit of burst (Given that they have limited slots to build damage if frontlining and some have crappy scaling and there aren't that many good pen options for them these days)

But second thought was thinking about how it would work on Fafnir.

Given that, his Coerce allows for item procs (So stuff like Gem of Isolation and Spear of the Magus is hilarious). Would this mean that SR on Fafnir means you can give anyone on your team Qin's? Also, dragonform meaning whole team can get Qin's (Including that breath attack on Fafnir himself)?

Or is Fafnir gonna get hit with the nerf bat because of this item?
    Shit passive or nah, it has a lot of power and some mana attached to it. I think it'll be a reasonable option for mages who don't have a chance to stack to get a power spike. That said, this will be cancer with a Fafnir/any tankbuster assassin comp; not to mention how it'll interact with his dragon breath while Coerced. I can only see this not being insane if it can only proc once per ability.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Shit passive or nah, it has a lot of power and some mana attached to it. I think it'll be a reasonable option for mages who don't have a chance to stack to get a power spike. That said, this will be cancer with a Fafnir/any tankbuster assassin comp; not to mention how it'll interact with his dragon breath while Coerced. I can only see this not being insane if it can only proc once per ability.
    For mages, I think it's a bit too expensive for what it is. 130 power, some mana and the meh passive (I mean, its passive is one where you'd wanna be able to spam stuff a lot to get a bunch of procs, but the only mage I can think of that spams a lot, He Bo, doesn't care about your piddly max health damage when he's chunking for like a million)

Maybe it'll have some use on Agni and his multiple bombs, Thoth if it procs on each of his ticks of damage (His 1 and his wall. Which is why Mage's Blessing is so nice on him) and Ao Kuang chainsawing with his dragon babbys from his 2. Well, if Fafnir doesn't get the item nerfed for multi-hit skills...

Oh, Ah Puch would love it. 2-3 zombies hitting someone, then the detonation + zombie explosions would mean 5-7 procs at once (So that would be 10-40% to 14-56% max health damage. Before you add in his infinity damage with his actual skills) not to mention his new super buffed ult...

But yeah 2750g for the item is too much, for only 30 power and a bunch of mana (Which is less impactful if you're not going BoThoth), you'd be better off going something else that's cheaper such as Bancroft, Book of the Dead (Which might be pretty strong after its change) or even Spear of Desolation (Which I still think has a bad passive... So much win more... Heck, even in Arena I still find it to be meh)

Though, its the fact that now Guardian's don't have a nice easy pick up for a boost of damage unless they're capable of stacking Spear of the Magus that really irks me. Since, I'm not one to jump at the chance to play Guardian, mostly because my allies are often as useful as an inflatable dartboard. But when I get stuck with them I find myself needing to build some damage to get things done...

With the new SR, there's few Guardians that can make much use of it... There's Fafnir of course (Coerce will be so broken with it), Ares flames should proc it, Kuzenbro's reflect procs items too (Oh man, that would be such a fun build to take a dump on Hunters/Freya) and Cabroken's Tremors?

Maybe also Cerb? His stun is 4 hits and his breath might also proc too (I know I use him for Spear of the Magus a lot, have fun with 0 mag prots guys)

Meh... I guess I'll have to figure something out for more damage... Maybe EStaff can make its way into my builds for huge health bonuses (200 from the item itself, then that 8-16% max health boost) along with that 90 power...

Also, as a side note that's completely unrelated:

Rangda's Mask...

+20% basic attack damage

This the same kind of modifier as Sol/Zeus's passive in that it only affects base damage numbers and so is completely worthless (Like 16-17 damage at level 20)?
    Last edited by Relanah; 07-14-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    and those guys talking about balance in their game... just look at Freya changes.

current one at least lose splash damage and slow, if she use her 1 and 2 together. but after this patch... ffs, this shit is beyond broken.

her passive makes her ranged attacks and abilities heal her, not give her lifesteal, but heal her upon every hit. so now it doesn't matter how much damage she deal, it will heal her regadless. her 2 is now something like stance switch, but it makes her aa pass through minions. i wonder, what her enemy supposed to do against her during laning phase? stay away? at least her 1 now deal less damage, since it hits once. but who cares, now she can use it together with her 2 and get everything at once and lose nothing. so we literaly got ranged AoE hit, that slows and pass through minions every 9 sec. good job, Hi-Rez...

i tested her with build: demonic, telkhines, poly, bancroft, tahuti and cronos pendant. fun fact, if you use her 1 and swith her 2 to ranged attacks, first hit with proc poly and deal about 1100+ damage to squishies, regardless this build have no pen outside of demonic. so, when Sol in S2 did it with her 2 it was broken. but it seems its fine for Hi-Rez when Freya do this now, not to mention her 1 is on lower cooldown.
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 07-15-2018 at 02:33 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Ok... So does her ranged basics proc both ability and basic procs or just basic procs? Because old freya got both procs at the same time, and if new freya ranged attacks dont benefit from ability procs then spear of the magus and gem of iso will be useless on her.

Also so won't be able to go divine ruin+toxic blade anymore, and that was fun...

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Ok... So does her ranged basics proc both ability and basic procs or just basic procs? Because old freya got both procs at the same time, and if new freya ranged attacks dont benefit from ability procs then spear of the magus and gem of iso will be useless on her.

Also so won't be able to go divine ruin+toxic blade anymore, and that was fun...
    it does. at least it proc soul reaver, etherial and SoTM. can't say about evolved shamans, somehow items doesn't evolve in jungle practice on PTS...

do you know what makes her even more broken? her melee aa(without her 2) ALSO procs on ability effects. soul gem gonna be the most broken on her, since she stacks it upon every aa, both melee and ranged and procs it with any aa.

we got S2 Sol, but more broken...
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Sweet, so its old freya but without the cooldown. I mean, it actually isn't that huge a change in playstyle(for the freya) just means you can't wait for her stuff to go on cooldown to pounce on her.

In that case, make sure to get early magical power pot and blue buff for the 5% missing mana per hit on ranged attacks to make up for its cost. If you build some mana on her a magical power pots 3% max mana per shot should really help make sure she never runs out.(i know you can just melee attack minions for mana, but this lets you play safely)

Also soul reaver+gem of iso+attack speed for cancerous play

Achievements:
    funny build for Freya: demonic, telkhines, poly, soul gem, soul reaver and etherial. just pres your 2, pres 1 and remove half of enemy hp by one hit. at least squishies die after 4 aa. not to mention she still have good lifesteal on top on her passive, 439 movement speed, 1.8 attack speed and 515 power with this build. and demonic makes her not suffer from tanky gods, while against squishies she doesn't need any pen with that damage...
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    I honestly don't remember, does telkines still give attack speed? If not wouldn't a shaman's ring be better? I know telkines gives bonus damage on basics but I'm pretty sure shaman's 10% damage increase will offer more.

Is the ethereal really good? I know it instantly removes 4% of their max health (stronger than true damage as it acts like it never existed, isn't actually damage) but I'd think it's more for stacking your own max health/mana than shredding opponent's (unless you've got multiple team mates running it as then you can straight up remove up to 20% hp and 40% mp from an opponent).

You could replace it with toxic blade(more attack speed, more soul gem procs), gem of iso(slowing basics), pythag's(now you've really got lifesteal), book of the dead(defense proc), or even just a book of thoth for the raw power to boost your poly and soul gem procs

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    Nope even more, it was posted on reddit, Poly, Soul Reaver, active 1,2 and a god dies. doesn't matter a tank or not.
    Go show me video how Freya 1 shot tanks also just wanna point out that she has to use 2 abilities and have to use Poly and Reaver to "1 shot" when any other burst Mage can do it aswell using 2 normal abilities and even from a longer range
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*