Thread: The Violence and Hatred is real.

New Member Cupidhead SmilingKraken's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Unhappy The Violence and Hatred is real.

So, Today i won an Assault where we had fun, exept for one thing.

There was, like in every game, an evident toxic player.

But this time, i cannot accept it. It has gone too far, the violent medias are spreading violence even on fun games now. It must end, NOW.

I, of course, writted to Hi-Rez about that before comming here. i'm kindly asking you, Smite community:

MAKE SMITE GREAT AGAIN.

Please stop the hatred, stop the toxicity, stop violence, stop threats, stop everything that is negative and don't belong on a FUN GAME.
    It is a strategic TEAMWORK game, not an individualist insult and trolling contest!

Be kind to others, mute bad players as soon as they show hatred. accept that some players are not good at this game, please, HAVE FUN.

(Just to make it clear, i never insulted the guy, i was playing Chiron, and i ruled! i had fun, i'm always playing RP. i muted him, in fact, i didn't do ANYTHING to deserve this hatred)...

This matter is real, we must stop closing our eyes on this, it must end, NOW.

[IMG]https://imgur.com/a/gDNTUJj[IMG]

(I have no idea how to post pictures on forum, hope it worked?)

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    at this point it is too little, too late. the toxicity is almost hard coded into most Smite players to some degree, even if it is just backlash at other toxic players.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Member Follower
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Afraid Azure's probably right. Like that they've added the new commendation system and we'll see if it makes any difference, but it really has been a long, long time that this has been allowed to go on, so we'll see.

As a minor item to hopefully help out, though - probably not the best idea to use a modified phrase of one of the most toxic trolls on the planet in your post to help restore civility. If anyone deserves to be muted / banned permanently, (from any and every possible method of interacting with others) it's that moron, so probably want to avoid invoking him unless you're actually trying to troll with this post...

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Despite the Toxicity that still exists, you should check to see how much goodwill and commendations you have collected so far then measure that and how much you have given against the toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by MissHap View Post
    As a minor item to hopefully help out, though - probably not the best idea to use a modified phrase of one of the most toxic trolls on the planet in your post to help restore civility. If anyone deserves to be muted / banned permanently, (from any and every possible method of interacting with others) it's that moron, so probably want to avoid invoking him unless you're actually trying to troll with this post...
    Nope, sorry, the MAGA slogan is not owned by the current American President. It has been used by 2 others before including an attempt to get another person elected in 2008.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Remove the Lobby from the game. Simple fix. let players select a god they want to play and then que up for a game mode. No Lobby, No toxicity. It's not like anyone uses the lobby for anything productive anyways.. people will play what they want to play and that's the end of it. A lobby chat gives you 0 advantages besides an open point to be a dick. Remove it and the community will improve.
    *O D A*

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Not really.
    There have been a few matches where pre-game lobby has been useful and there is toxicity during and after matches.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead IHATECHRISTMAS's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Nope, sorry, the MAGA slogan is not owned by the current American President. It has been used by 2 others before including an attempt to get another person elected in 2008.
    Please consider that everything is associated with its CURRENT MOST RELEVANT CULTURAL connotation.

In Germany there was an extinction camp for jews which had the sentence "to each his own" on the front. This was according to historians first used by some roman guy named Cato. However nobody in germany will be like "ohh yea that nice roman saying right?" when you start throwing around "to each his own".

The same goes for MAGA and trump. Nobody who has just been a little bit exposed to the current US political state will associate it with anything else. And i also dont believe that the author himself didnt intend that connection.
    So as far as many associations for MAGA are concerned they are going to be the epitome of US stupidity and bigotry.

Personally i am much more mad about losing the word tremendous. I feel like a beautiful english word has been stolen from me and i will never get it back.

Achievements:
    Well people should not do that, doing that just shows they have not developed long term memory retention. Short term memory is part of any society's problems.

Another example is the famous symbol associated with well known WWII enemies, the swastika, despite being an ancient religious icon before the well known WWII enemies used it and there are still religious places displaying and people using it in a religious manner.