Thread: Clans, harassment and bans

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    I have a small cottage near the Tree of Yggdrasil
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class

Exclamation Clans, harassment and bans

So, there's no doubt that the SMITE community is pretty toxic and that Hi-Rez has become more and more sensitive to offensive content (due to the fact that certain words are straight-up blocked from being typed). Now, considering these facts, you'd think that they would improve their reporting system and not disable it (by the way, you can still report people from the "Recently played" tab in your friends list) and would disband all these clans with homophobic names (there's like a billion of them, just search for "gay").

Now, the biggest problem of these clans is "Gaymer Gaming", which seems to be filled with homophobic people, harassing everyone and only playing in groups to mass-report and harass people in random matches. I see these people everywhere, in every single match, unfairly reporting innocent people and if Hi-Rez really cared about their "family-friendly" image, they'd take some action against these people.

Now, my final, comprehensive point is: If you're going to change your policy and try to eliminate offensive people from your game, then do so instead of blocking a couple of offensive words and limiting the reports.

Get your shit together, Hi-Rez. You're being disappointing.

Edit1: Can't report clan names either, and I think we should get a Clan report button ASAP, which would temporarily put the clan in stasis and have their name changed with no possibility of parole, depending on the severity.
    Last edited by RustEDHanDS; 07-10-2018 at 03:56 PM.

New Member Cupidhead Andrew090106's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I agree 100% this game needs CLEANED UP. I don't understand how hi-rez thinks it is even rootly ok to let people run rampant acting like this.
    I have said it to so many people, but here it is; "If you acted this way in real life you would end up in prison or in a early grave."
    I can't even find a clan to join with players who are mature enough to be friendly and play the game for fun. Everywhere I go it's nothing but gang harassment and excuses for why they act the way they do. The most common being "it's the internet." Yes well we are all also human beings and I for one would NOT tolerate somebody treating me like garbage in person, so why should I just because it's the internet?
    Well in this case it's hi-rez's fault for loose rules and a poor reporting system. The way the report system is now, I wouldn't be shocked if more innocent players are getting reported like myself. I joined a joust where I was gang harassed by both of my teammates just this morning, they reported me for feeding but they refused to actually play themselves and would not surrender. I whispered my enemy and tried to explain what is going on and to just end the match, they refused to kill the titan for over 40 minutes and also began harassing me. Result: they all report me for feeding and I have just returned to the game after a 2 year hiatus and i'm clearly trying my best.

I have been trying very hard to find a group of mature people, it doesn't seem to even exist.
    Hi-rez, if this is what you want people to say about your game... You should equally be ashamed of yourselves. This is not ok.
    This community is most likely to tell people to uninstall and that we're playing the wrong game if we don't like being talked to like we are some kind of worthless trash. If you people actually ENJOY being sociopaths, and I do mean it literally..( Google the word sociopath and learn about yourselves before you troll this comment.) Well it speaks for itself, hi-rez you are literally giving sociopaths cookies for doing their worst. Good job, thanks. (sarcasm very much-so intended.)

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    you can send a ticket to them with screenshots explaining why you are reporting whoever you are reporting

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew090106 View Post
    I can't even find a clan to join with players who are mature enough to be friendly and play the game for fun.
    there are actually many clans with friendly players you just gotta look hard enough cuz there's too many clans not everyone who plays smite is an asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew090106 View Post
    Everywhere I go it's nothing but gang harassment and excuses for why they act the way they do.
    that actually sounds like exaggeration, while i know the game got many toxic players you not gonna see them in every game more lately now there are less toxicity prolly because of the commendation system i think
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!