Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spanish announcer is not spanish wtf hirez? (please fix)

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Except American and british english do have a lot of everyday words with different meanings...

And the different accents can make it hard to understand each other at times.

And I've seen plenty of movies with Spanish dub/sub where it doesn't clarify which Spanish it is referring to.

And if you really want to get into it there's even more than just american/british English. There is Australian as well, and within America there are a bunch of different variations.

I think many languages have different dialects, it doesn't make it an entirely different language though. Regardless of whether it is northern or southern united states, british, or Australian it is still English.

Your complaint is about it being a different dialect of Spanish than you expected, and they probably should change the flag so it doesn't contribute to that confusion but it is still Spanish.

Junior Member Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    wow literally just go search "peliculas español", just that and you will find that its clarified if its "latino" or "castellano", like i said , if you dont speak spanish you simply cannot notice it, and theres a reason why in english films its not clarified and in spanish films it is.

stop trying to compare it to english beacause its just not even a bit similar.i used the example to clarify another user that you cant compare them.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Some places do actually differentiate between "English" and "American English"

Also, there's that one meme where a particular site calls them "English" and "English (Simplified)"

Some people actually refer to British English as "The Queen's English" too...
    and some people are stupid too.

Quote Originally Posted by XboxChito View Post
    the differences between british and american have nothing to do with spanish, if you dont know spanish you cant understand it,theres a reason of why in pretty much any film that is in spanish is always clarified wich spanish it is and why in a lot of games etc there are always 2 separate options , one for spanish and one for latin spanish since the difference is just that big, its not comparable to english were accents might be somewhat different but only few words/expresions are particular from a country.

the spain spanish and latin spanish are way too different , a lot of words have completely different meanings and a lot of daily life things have completely different names, that added to the very different pronunciation and accents makes it difficult to the point were its quite difficult to speak with a latin american such as a mexican or argentinian without having to clarify meanings of words and explications in general every sentence. thats why its not comparable to differences in english accents.

hopes this helps explain a little better
    they're, on a lingustic level, the same language. no matter how much you claim to deny it, it wont change scientific stuff. dialect difference does not make a different language cus if it did we would have like a thousand languages just in europe.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    What? i didnt even mention portugal or portuguese anywhere how did you even get to that conclusion? xd

what i said is that we got a latin american spanish pack instead of a real spanish announcer pack since the "spanish" pack has the Spain symbol on it and just doesnt make sense that it is a latin spanish pack, and im asking to make a real Spain announcer pack and rename the current one to "latin spanish" pack aswell as removing the spanish flag of it.
    You said it was NOT SPANISH, its South American. Portuguese is the main language in South America. Spanish has fewer speakers.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Junior Member Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    You said it was NOT SPANISH, its South American. Portuguese is the main language in South America. Spanish has fewer speakers.
    wow just read your quote again, i literally said latin american spanish and latin spanish, not south american

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    wow just read your quote again, i literally said latin american spanish and latin spanish, not south american
    I did.
    So, as a spanish that i am i was quite curious about the new spanish announcer pack, so i unlocked it and i tried it, and the first thing i notice is that the announcer IS NOT SPANISH, is south american wich makes no sense, since its supposed to be a spanish announcer pack and it has the Spain flag as the symbol for the announcer pack, wtf hirez?

thx for reading and have a nice day
    Nowhere did it say Latin American Spanish.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    I've never understood how is that even possible since its mainly Brazil that speaks Portuguese, rest of South American countries speak Spanish.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Let me explain this to you quick and simple.

"Spanish" is used to refer to language no matter the accents and the Spanish flag is used to represent the language, not the accent.

Oh, by the way, I know that Spain actually has many accents and you don't see them put the flag of Castile just for using the Castilian accent, but I don't see you complaining about that.

I know Spanish, I lived in Chile, I've been to other countries in South America and right now I live in Spain, I also know English and I know there are a lot of differences between the English accents, not just the accent itself, but also the meaning of words, which you use to justify the need of a clarification for it being Spanish from South America. Different translation, dubs or anything for Castilian Spanish and Latin American Spanish are made not because they are so different people wouldn't understand anything, but because that's just how it has always been made, or you think every Spanish-speaking country from South America has the same accent and share all the same exact words? (No, they don't.)

Although he shouldn't have said "South American", I'm pretty sure Portuguese is not the main language of South America, first because there isn't a main language for any continent, and second because it's the only Portuguese-speaking country in South America, while most of the rest actually speak Spanish.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    No Spain no gain
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Simple solution to this problem: just remove the damn Spanish announcer pack.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.