Thread: Baron makes Smite Broken

New Member Cupidhead CoyoteCoyote's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Baron makes Smite Broken

I've just returned to the game after a year hiatus and have played hundreds of battles against Baron and with this God. Baron has broken the balance of Smite.

Here is what is wrong with Baron.
    1) His range is to far. He can sit comfortably behind his team and damage you where you are unable to damage him.
    2) He can kill a guardian in less then a second.
    3) He is nearly impossible to damage and kill by a single player such as a hunter. (I notice that with ullr's abilities fully maxed, I am lucky to take away more than one tick of Baron's health) This places him in Guardian status for how hard he is to kill. He can simply dance around or move out of a God's range and then turn and unleash his burst killing multiple God's trying to take him down.
    4) He takes no damage while using his ultimate. How is that fair to a God like Hadis where his ultimate was nerfed to the point that he can be killed in his ultimate nearly every single time he uses it?
    5) His ultimate should not change direction and allow him to chase God's down while he is immune to damage on his coffin.

Now, I can not offer suggestion on how to fix him. I can only do my best to point out what is wrong with him so that he can be looked at better by Smite to make changes.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead krazz619's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree Baron really broke the game for the absolute worst. I have 0 interest in playing because you either need him in your game, or not at all(which is rare). And if you have a player that is not a good Baron, he is a waste of space. But currently he is bugged, not doing proper damage numbers, and they have confirmed they WILL be nerfing, whenever the bad company decides to update their game.

His Ult is very OP, with range, stun, no damage taken, doesn't trigger Magi's i believe, and even beads isn't good enough most of the time. The only change I believe is they reduce the damage...
    His overall kit, high damage, decent healing, with a minor root. Comparing to other God's, I wouldn't say his kit is too OP, personally I wish a lot of Gods get changed but it won't happen.
    I'd say Baron doesn't have a very good escape.? I play Chernobog, as long as I don't get combo'd by Baron, he is pretty easy to kill if I can land my autoattacks, and have items built. That is one problem I have with most hunters, usually they are not good enough until they have ITEMS, where most mages, guardians, some warriors just need their abilities to do high damage...
    So we have to wait for him to be properly tuned, NOT bugged, with the minor damage nerf, and we will see if he still needs work.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,766
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteCoyote View Post
    1) His range is to far. He can sit comfortably behind his team and damage you where you are unable to damage him.
    3) He is nearly impossible to damage and kill by a single player such as a hunter. (I notice that with ullr's abilities fully maxed, I am lucky to take away more than one tick of Baron's health) This places him in Guardian status for how hard he is to kill. He can simply dance around or move out of a God's range and then turn and unleash his burst killing multiple God's trying to take him down.
    4) He takes no damage while using his ultimate. How is that fair to a God like Hadis where his ultimate was nerfed to the point that he can be killed in his ultimate nearly every single time he uses it?
    5) His ultimate should not change direction and allow him to chase God's down while he is immune to damage on his coffin.
    Aaaaaand none of this is remotely true. His ult's CC and passive are jacked, but all you've done is gone and made another useless Baron complaint thread that doesn't actually contribute to fixing him.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteCoyote View Post
    You mean like almost every other mage in the game?

It's why it's important to have a good initiation. A Guardian/Warrior/Assassin that can jump into the backlines and kill squishies like mages/hunters or at least force them to be in range for your team to attack them.

Especially when Baron has no mobility outside a situational speed increase from his heal.

If that guardian has built 0 defence, sure.

If the guardian has a not garbage build, lol no way. Not even a full proc build (Using Soul Reaver and Ethereal Staff) will take out a guardian in less than a second.

This will only be the case if either:

1) Baron has built full tanky (In which case, he'll be doing naff all damage, since like many mages, he relies on scaling for his oomph)

2) Your build sucks (I wouldn't be surprised if you're one of those huntards I get in my games that goes like first item Odessyus Bow > Ninja Tabi > Asi > Poisoned Star and are all like "Y I NO DO DAMAGE?!" with all of 40 power 4 items in...) - I have no problems 1v1ing Baron as Ullr, so long as he hasn't got ult I can kill him in a single combo mid-game and late game I'll be able to throw out a bunch of basics for a ton of damage and finish off with a Hail of Arrows (Which, is a skill that outranges 99% of skills in the game... Funny how you were complaining about Baron being able to sit behind his team when you're playing a god that literally has a skill that outranges anything he has and his team is likely to have)

He isn't immune to damage, he takes 50%. I know I've managed to pop a few Barons who panic ult as Ah Puch (But that's Au Puch... He deals like infinity damage)

But yeah, his ult is rigged af. It's about the only reasonable point you've brought up here.

Baron is OP, mostly its his ult being too strong (Especially today after some of his bugs being fixed thus reducing the damage on his 1)

But if he's besting you 1v1 with just his base kit, then it's merely a L2P issue, since if you can dodge his slow then it should be unlikely for him to hit with anything else other than maybe a single beam of his 1 since he relies on that root for his 2 to land. If it's his ult that's killing you? Well, yeah, it kind of sucks (Hehe puns) that there's so little counterplay to it other than "Be a god with a good movement skill, which isn't on CD"
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!