Thread: Matchmaking Changes

Junior Member Cupidhead MancIvo's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Matchmaking Changes

Does anyone have any evidence that the matchmaking algorithm has actually been adjusted, despite multiple assurances from Hi-Rez?

Once again, how difficult can it be to implement a maximum level discrepancy clause in the algorithm, to prevent a 4-man party with levels 25 and 27, being matchmade with a 4-man party with people at level 151?
    (https://i.imgur.com/NRa8MzN.png)
    I waited approximately 15 seconds for this queue to pop, so I'm assuming the 4-man party had been waiting so long that the algorithm gave up attempting any semblance of a balanced match, and just threw together the first 5 available players in the queue.
    Such matchmaking clauses surely have to be common sense? Someone with 200 hours in the game is not even remotely equal in skill to someone with over 3000 hours in the game.

I firmly believe a large portion of the ongoing bm-ing and flaming issues this community experiences could be resolved with reasonable matchmaking. I don't mind waiting 5 minutes in a queue if the people I'm eventually matched with, and against, are of an equal skill level, but at the moment this is utterly ridiculous, and ruins it for everyone.

How much longer can Hi-Rez continue with this clearly broken algorithm, before any meaningful changes occur.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MancIvo View Post
    Someone with 200 hours in the game is not even remotely equal in skill to someone with over 3000 hours in the game
    That's a wrong assumption and on top of that one that many people think is true, but to break it to you: Playtime does not equal to their skill. Some people can invest much more time in a game and still suck.

Junior Member Cupidhead MancIvo's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Do you have evidence of a level 150 that loses to a level 20?
    No, because while the difference between a level 50 and level 100 may not be that great, Smite has an incredibly steep learning curve. Your point is moot.
    Here is another example of a match I got today. A level 26 and level 41 in a game with 140s and 120s. Lo and behold, they have no idea what's going on, feed, and then DC. https://i.imgur.com/a4JoZ8a.png
    How is this enriching the experience of new players in any way?