Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the point of blocking someone?

Junior Member Cupidhead Konviction333's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

What is the point of blocking someone?

I have been away for a while but didn’t block used to actually block you from grouping with said person?

Now all it does is mute them? What kind of crap is that?

If I group with a cancerous person, a bot, a clueless bafoon, a “who cares about arena” tool , Third world internet can’t load in and already know they have problems but don’t care about screwing over the other 4 people type of idget...Why the hell would I just want to mute them? I can already mute them in tab window.

Block used to be a great tool because I play arena almost exclusively and I have to deal with a lot of yahoos unfortunatly, even though I report most of them, nothing seems to ever be done sadly.

I love the concept of smite and mostly the arena play style and have spent far to much money on an online game to quit, or believe me I’d uninstall strictly because the devs could care less about paying customers. At least they have not bothered to ever reach out to me about my 100’s of in game comments.

Anywho, am I missing something about block these days, and I still can’t believe they would change the mechanic to a mute function???

Thanks

New Member Cupidhead LokiLivewire's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I don't disagree with you, but the unfortunate fact is....Idgets, trolls etc are also paying customers, and that is all the justification needed to not have a true block function.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiLivewire View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but the unfortunate fact is....Idgets, trolls etc are also paying customers, and that is all the justification needed to not have a true block function.
    So because they might be paying customers , smite is free to play after all, they are allowed to ruin other people’s gaming experiences? I.E. harassment?

A simple block feature just blocks me from playing with said troll, not everyone else, unless they act like a dingus to most people then they deserve to be in a que for 20 mins to get a game. It’s called consequences for your actions?

That’s a broke process kinda like, their an American citizen by right so they should be able to act a fool without reprocussions of any kind because they are American like you that acts properly....
    Last edited by Konviction333; 07-08-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    There is no game where blocking someone means "never playing with him".

If that was the case, online gaming would be RIP many years ago with ubnormally huge queues.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Here's a scenario of why blocking people should not prevent them from being in your games.

You are a grandmaster trying to protect your title and stay at the top, you block other grandmasters so you never end up in a match against them and have an easy time defeating diamond players to keep your position.

OR if blocking only prevents them from being on your team, you have a group of grand masters playing ranked conquest together who block all the other grand masters so they can get around MM and always be on a team together. Or in general block the "weaker" grand masters so they maintain stronger team mates.

Regardless blocking gives players a way to manipulate games via abusing the block function.

Achievements:
    The original question was....didn’t block used to block, I’m 99% sure it did.

It was a great mechanic to block the above mentioned.

How about block for casual game modes, since those are generally where the IDGAF players ruin other people’s games....

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Konviction333 View Post
    It was a great mechanic to block the above mentioned.
    Anyway, blocking has never been a tool from "stopping being matched with some dudes", it has always been a tool from blocking all communications.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    There is no game where blocking someone means "never playing with him".

If that was the case, online gaming would be RIP many years ago with ubnormally huge queues.
    overwatch has it, tho its limited to like, two people.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    overwatch has it, tho its limited to like, two people.
    It has, but yeah. It's super limited and acts for a week if I remember correctly.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Konviction333 View Post
    The original question was....didn’t block used to block, I’m 99% sure it did.
    The 1% is correct.