Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HiRez is going to remove the three Daily Bundles in patch 5.12

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 2,091
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I'd think blaming a game company for an addict's behaviour would in fact be the blame game....

I would think MOST people have more self control than to be 'forced' to buy something just because of a few encouragement techniques. Of course the company is going to encourage spending, it would be a pretty horrible business model if they didn't.
    Quote exactly where I am blaming/faulting HiRez, consumers, or whomever for supposed misbehaviors. There isn't any, as I haven't even made my opinion known ITT. It's not a particular insightful way to examine things.

The only thing that I have stated is what HiRez is doing, i.e. predatory monetization practices. Only the gullible would deny that...

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    Hi-Rez isn't doing anything everyone else isn't already doing. Get over yourself. It's a free game, it's how they make their money. Don't like it? Stop giving them money.
    ..and repeat a strawman ^

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    Quote exactly where I am blaming/faulting HiRez, consumers, or whomever. There isn't any, as I do not care to make such judgements.

The only thing that I have stated is what HiRez is doing, i.e. predatory monetization practices. Only the gullible would deny that...
    A paraphasing of this thread:

"Hi-Rez are removing the triple daily bundle"

"The bundle is a scam anyway"

"It's not as if you're forced to buy stuff"

- You: "Not physically, but psychologically"

You then ramble on about some marketing techniques and how they play upon the psyche (Also, slightly flawed... You mention "Indeterminate number of chests" but unlike other games, Hi-Rez's chests DO have a finite number of outcomes, meaning that once you own everything else that's in the chest you're 100% guaranteed the particular item)

But you make it sound like they're evil and specifically trying to prey upon gambling addictions, when it's all just simple marketing. That's all marketing is, abusing psychological tendencies to otherwise entice people into spending more money.

It's done in various ways, as seen in Smite itself (It has the RNG chests, it has direct purchase, it has limited time event stuff, it has limited sales and periodically available items)

By continuing to call it " Predatory Monetization Practices" you're seeking to paint a negative light onto the company, where all they're really doing is Marketing.

Even the big money sink chests aren't inherently aimed at people with poor impulse control, since that sort of stuff is generally aimed towards whales (For a good example of a game that very much likes to go Whaling, see: Path of Exile. Something like $1000+ to design an item to go in the game, or $400+ to design a name for a set of cards that drop in game to exchange for an item in the game...)

At the end of the day, all this doesn't even matter.

Triple daily bundles are favourable for people who don't panic buy everything because they have no self control as it's more likely you might see something worthwhile to spend gems on (Which ironically, can be attained for free... A side effect of using a non-real life currency is the ability to give them out for free with daily log ins, Gem Storm events, event quests, rewards for watching streams etc)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 2,091
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    [most of your post]
    I could word it in a nicer way, but that's just impressions. Then again, I'm using no-unfamiliar terms that appears in literature, with the definition of what constitute "predatory" stated in the first sentence of that post.

It's all the same. That is... HiRez is doing it, it does have effect, and people need to be aware of it.

You then ramble on about some marketing techniques and how they play upon the psyche
    It was explicitly asked for (see the quoted post). I just obliged.

Even the big money sink chests aren't inherently aimed at people with poor impulse control, since that sort of stuff is generally aimed towards whales (For a good example of a game that very much likes to go Whaling, see: Path of Exile. Something like $1000+ to design an item to go in the game, or $400+ to design a name for a set of cards that drop in game to exchange for an item in the game...)
    An example... Sometimes, you see threads where people complain that they rolled too many chests and still didn't receive what they are after. Yeah, it applies to more people than just whales, as it is relative.

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    I forgot they put a gun to your head and make you buy shit.
    You idiot? Or just ignorant? or both? if no one buys skins you stupid can't play Smite because it goes bye bye. Think before give a stupid reply and act like you are smart.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    You idiot? Or just ignorant? or both? if no one buys skins you stupid can't play Smite because it goes bye bye. Think before give a stupid reply and act like you are smart.
    Smite is going "bye-bye" in two-three years anyway. So arguing about skins and chests is pretty much pointless.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AngelSerra's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Problem is it’s not always 3 page of choices , been two lately and i keep getting bakasura and awillix every day