Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can we have new devs in this game?

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran

Can we have new devs in this game?

These devs can't release gods, they have no idea what they are doing. They just inject bullshit to the game with each patch and with each god release. They made CC the meta since season 3. And chests and bundles are the only thing they can release. these devs have absolutely no idea how moba works. We are not gonna get far with them, I told you before, you didn't believe me and I am telling you, Smite won't pass season 6 with these devs being around.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Yeah yeah ,

People have been talking about how Smite will never pass season 3, season 4, and how they'll abandon this game cause Tribes Ascend and Global Agenda had that.

And we are still here.

Also, as if Riot Games and Blizzard are better with their releases in LoL and HotS?

Trust me - they are not. They have same questionable balance changes, they have same questionable hero releases and reworks, item balances (talents for HotS).

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,317
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    I'm sorry but do you plan on doing better? With the way you word it, you make it sound like balancing 96 characters, tons of items, casual play, ranked play, and pro play all at once is simple and easy.

If you want example of shitty balance go to HoTS.

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    I'm sorry but do you plan on doing better? With the way you word it, you make it sound like balancing 96 characters, tons of items, casual play, ranked play, and pro play all at once is simple and easy.

If you want example of shitty balance go to HoTS.
    They make new players, Smite is not. 3 platforms and since season 3 5M players only came to Smite when 20M came during 1st two seasons. and I don't have to balance the whole characters. I wouldn't just let Baron get to live servers, Achilles, or Cerberus and wouldn't let Cherno have that ult. It is easier to balance than unbalance the game. They are unbalancing Smite. I have heard replies like that but state of the game says otherwise.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    They make new players, Smite is not. 3 platforms and since season 3 5M players only came to Smite when 20M came during 1st two seasons.
    You do understand that Moba hype is over, now it's Battle Royale taking all new potential players away. LoL and HotS don't bring a lot of new players either.

"Unbalancing Smite".

That's why heroes like Lucio, Genji and Hanzo have a 100% ban rate in HotS, that's why heroes like Fenix and Malthael got released like that. That's why LoL's meta right now in a very akward position.

I see, I see.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,247
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    You do understand that Moba hype is over, now it's Battle Royale taking all new potential players away. LoL and HotS don't bring a lot of new players either.

"Unbalancing Smite".

That's why heroes like Lucio, Genji and Hanzo have a 100% ban rate in HotS, that's why heroes like Fenix and Malthael got released like that. That's why LoL's meta right now in a very akward position.

I see, I see.
    Little exaggerating, Lucios p/b rate isn't even 15% in either league atm but Fenix and especially Malthael was totally busted in release. And OW heroes are breaking the game in many ways.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Little exaggerating, Lucios p/b rate isn't even 15% in either league atm but Fenix and especially Malthael was totally busted in release. And OW heroes are breaking the game in many ways.
    Maybe Lucio got nerfed but I remember him having 100% pick/ban rate just about 6 months ago.

And it's not like OW heroes are breaking the game.

Fenix, Kel'thuzad and Malthael with Maiev aren't even OW heroes yet they were released a bit overtuned, if not OP in some cases (like Fenix and Malthael).
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 07-06-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,247
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Maybe Lucio got nerfed but I remember him having 100% pick/ban rate just about 6 months ago.

Fenix, Kel'thuzad and Malthael with Maiev aren't even OW heroes yet they were released a bit overtuned, if not OP in some cases (like Fenix and Malthael).
    I don't remember Kel'thuzad ever being that OP. He requires some skill since all his things have to be aimed and he is squishy af. Maiev, I've seen a good one once and in that match, her team sucked ass which made her garbo too since she's so reliant on her team. Malthael nowadays has fallen quite low in terms of picks.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,317
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender

Lucio was a huge top pick/ban a few months ago, but HoTS had a wave of their entire support class (excluding Rehgar) nerfed. He also must have gotten additional nerfs afterwards because I don't tend to see him as much anymore, more so Alextraza, Ana, Brightwing, and Malfurion depending on maps. Alex more for Shrine/Sky Temple, Brightwing for ToD and Warhead (also great Genji counter).

Speaking of the shimada brothers, they are still practically 100% P/B, Hanzo slightly less but he's still the super unfun going to shoot you way farther than where you can hit me every few seconds while moving and randomness of scatter arrow with super easy quest talents. Genji nope, he's still broken as fuck and is always a focus pick in any map and has been even after nerfs.

Garrosh is the new big boy tank that's essentially Sobek in a game where there are no Purification Beads. He can throw you, knock you up, stun you, and taunt you while also having an active talent to slow you. E.T.C is also still a very big pick as Mosh Pit on a mobile healing tank is crazy good.

Maiev was so broken she got nerfed days after release, Fenix is op as shit still but he didn't get nerfed until the next patch. Kel'thuzad is risk/reward, he's much easier to kill. Malthael got a mini rework and his WR% shot up highly, but that was a few month ago (still strong solo laner).

Another ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL AND TOTALLY BALANCED GOOD GAME DESIGN ABOUT HOTS BTW-

Braxis Holdout is still a garbage map that is almost always decided by the first Zerg wave. The map is so small and there is such little farming options besides four camps and a boss. Warhead Junction is fucking huge and most of the time is decided by the first nuke wave. Hanamura was such a terrible map that it was flat out removed from the game and remade into a weekly brawl. Map objectives eventually scale so hard late into the match that losing them can cost you your entire lead or possibly the game, the Mech in Volskya if it reaches a forth spawn is practically unkillable with two people in it.
    Last edited by Goobis; 07-06-2018 at 08:46 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Another ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL AND TOTALLY BALANCED GOOD GAME DESIGN ABOUT HOTS BTW-
    LoL is almost the same story:

making ADC based item changes into something that "destroys" the entire class and nowadays it's fine to see assassins/mages/warriors into ADC role on their bottom lane. I'm not even talking about specific hero reworks and releases.

But see, it seems like HiRez isn't that bad even when much bigger companies fail with balanced kits/changes.