Thread: Baron doesn't make any f*cking sense

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SirPapouille's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Baron doesn't make any f*cking sense

Just played an Arena match as Artemis against Baron.

First of all, ANY of his skill, no matter what the level (starting from level 3), dealt 50% of my health. Even JUST his #3. No Hysteria built up, no #2 follow-up. But we all know how broken his damage is.

Yet the most infuriating is his ultimate. How much CC it has, how hard it hits. At level 5, it hit me for 50% of my life AND stunned me for 2s.

The worst part is even if you use beads, you still get pulled. The beads just prevent the stun. Which is the worst bullshit I've ever seen in this game. Crowd control immunity, EXCEPT for one god's unique CC effect.

Basically, his ultimate has TWO crowd control effects, one of which is CC immunity-immune. AND it hits hard as f*ck. AND the god can move when doing it. AND he's CC immune. AND it lasts for-fuck*ng-ever. AND makes his next skills hit for 25% more damage on the target it pulled. AND deals damage based on his Magic Power AND on the targets total life, AND deals damage while pulling AND applies Hysteria which, if you had some initially, will probably makes you max. Hysteria (the number is unknown) AND hit for 25% more.

So as Artemis, if Baron gets close, you're done for. He initiated with his ultimate, I used my beads AND my ultimate and still got pulled. 50% of my life gone on hit, then I'm stunned for 2s and he can take his time to finish me off with any of his 3 f*cking skills remaining.

Finally, he seems to be immune to slows as well. I used my #3 on him, which applies a Slow, and it showed IMMUNE even if he didn't have beads or wasn't ulting. Sure, his #2 can make him immune to Slow, but he wasn't nearby my team, so he couldn't possibly be under the Slow immunity. Unless there isn't any distance restriction to the "friendly spirits", it isn't specified, and neither is the duration of the immunity.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    First of all you are straight up lying about all his abilities doing 50% of your health.

2nd if they did and his ult still only did 50% then his ult would actually be pretty low damage.

3rd his pull is not CC immunity immune. Perhaps you just think it is because he is mobile while using his ult and chases you faster than you run away, but i have used beads to evade his ult many times. It always stops the pull for the duration of my CC immunity.

Lastly you clearly didnt read how his friendly spirits works. Spirits come from the enemies he hits AND from baron himself. So he doesn't need to be near an opponent to get his slow immunity.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    Slow immunity lasts 3 seconds. This can easily be seen from any video if you watch the healthbar for the buff.

Secondly, if he's soloing you with his ult in an arena, he isn't really using it wisely if that's all he did.

Thirdly, dude you're lying through your teeth about that damage. Unless there exists some kind of damage boost hack that he was using, there is no way he was cutting down half of your health with one spell. Even if he was, then why didn't you think about building any form of mr?

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    I see your problem. You played Arena. And with Artemis.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ViciousDead's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    First of all you are straight up lying about all his abilities doing 50% of your health.

2nd if they did and his ult still only did 50% then his ult would actually be pretty low damage.

3rd his pull is not CC immunity immune. Perhaps you just think it is because he is mobile while using his ult and chases you faster than you run away, but i have used beads to evade his ult many times. It always stops the pull for the duration of my CC immunity.

Lastly you clearly didnt read how his friendly spirits works. Spirits come from the enemies he hits AND from baron himself. So he doesn't need to be near an opponent to get his slow immunity.
    Lol look another Baron main.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    I see your problem. You played Arena. And with Artemis.
    Artemis is pretty strong, if not borderline OP in Arena.

Provided you play her right (And no, boxing with a Mage is not playing her right)

Her ult is really strong whenever a team groups up so it can hit them all (Which is all the time in Arena) and the fast gold gain in arena accelerates her to the "Oh look, I pressed 2 and LMB and got 3 pentas in a row" stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousDead View Post
    You don't have to be a Baron main to be able to tell when someone's spouting hyperbole.

Also, fun fact: Outright lying about how strong a character is just makes it that much less likely that a balance team will actually pay attention to ANY claims of it being too strong (The boy that cried wolf, you know?)

Baron is OP, most notably his bugs and his ultimate being stacked af. However, he's not as OP as claimed.

His basic abilities won't be dealing 50% of someone's life each unless he's super fed. Even against a low health god like Artemis. MAYBE you'll have his 1 deal 50% with a Soul Reaver proc if you're a few levels up on someone...

CC immunity does work against his ult's pull. The crux is that beads lasts 2 seconds while his ult lasts 3.5 seconds. So it can be difficult to escape if he's running at you while ulting and once beads are down then RIP.

But yeah, his ult is pretty rigged with how much damage it can push out while being very strong CC.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    "Haha he's defending a god against unnecessary conjecture and hyperbole. He must main said god."

Just because the defend a god from people whining about him constantly when he's not that bad doesn't mean they main that god, dude. And I don't care if u were "just joking", it still makes you look like a douche.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    He's actually one of 3 gods i don't have unlocked yet. I won't unlock him till his price drops because why spend double favor, and i don't rent gods. I definitely don't main him.

If anything I'm a Chang'e or Zhong Kui main(i love them....)