Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This game is total aids for new players...

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead QuiXoticZeta's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

This game is total aids for new players...

Wow.. I created a new account to teach a friend how to play the game (so he wouldn't get diamonds and 3k games played players on the other team with my elo).

Literally 6 games in a row with at least 4 smurfs on the other team. Premades too.

What has gone so wrong in your life that you need to party up to smurf stomp brand new players 22-0? Does that make people feel good about themselves because they are awful on their main? I don't get it.

And the coup de grace, the last arena match I played against my first ever lag hacker. I thought it was always an old wives tale until I saw it for myself tonight. I've played over 4000 games and I know what high ping looks like.. This neith was flying around the map at high speed whenever anyone would get near, couldn't be CC'd because she'd just speed up and run away. When you'd knock her up she'd immediately be on the ground and dart 40 yards away. Level 5 account too games 15-0, 13-0, 11-0..

If you want proof, type "/replay 409553241" in your chat bar to see the lag hacker replay, I spectated their next match.
    Last edited by QuiXoticZeta; 07-03-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Talks about smurfers < creates a smurfing account himself.

Alright.

But yeah, I agree - this game is very bad for new players if they want to stick with Smite after the couple of matches.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    Talks about smurfers < creates a smurfing account himself.

Alright.

But yeah, I agree - this game is very bad for new players if they want to stick with Smite after the couple of matches.
    Haha I knew someone was going to say that. There's a small difference between smurfing to teach a new player (while not tryharding either) and making a premade with 3-4 people to smurf together 10 games in a row stomping noobs (I took a quick look at their profile/past games to confirm).

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiXoticZeta View Post
    Haha I knew someone was going to say that. There's a small difference between smurfing to teach a new player (while not tryharding either) and making a premade with 3-4 people to smurf together 10 games in a row stomping noobs (I took a quick look at their profile/past games to confirm).
    So what? You've still created a brand new account to play among new players, so you're a legitimate smurfer. Does it matter that much afterall?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    So what? You've still created a brand new account to play among new players, so you're a legitimate smurfer. Does it matter that much afterall?
    I mean it kind of does when you consider
    1) I wasn't trying/tryharding as the other smurfs clearly were
    2) I was grouped with 1 brand new player (friend) to teach when the others were grouped with 2-4 other smurfs that were just there to pub stomp new players, which wasn't what I was doing.

As I explained, I only smurfed so that my friend wouldn't get murdered playing against people with hundreds/thousands of games played if we queued on my main because of my elo. But that happened anyway..

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Honestly, I'm guilty of that too. I introduced SMITE to a friend of mine and since she had troubles playing with me, I created a second account to even out matchmaking. Like OP, I didn't try hard and played Gods I usually never play but it didn't really help the cause, as matches could still get very hard and my new teammate couldn't do much. Since I didn't want to intentionally lose, I tried turning it around but in the end I feel bad about it, because even with good intentions, it's still smurfing and directly influencing the games of new players.

I recommend to no longer do this.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Yeah, this is just always going to be an issue for any F2P game. If its free to make a new account, then there's 0 cost for smurfing (Heck, even hacking is less detrimental since you can just make a new not banned account...)

The only real downside to smurfing in Smite, is you have a limited god pool. So unless your favourites are free/on rotation, you'll have to stomp with some other gods instead...

Also, just because your intentions are "Good", you're still smurfing. You're still playing down, muddying up any chance of a MM being able to accurately place new players.

In addition, there's also the possibility of people transferring between console/PC, where they might have the knowledge of how to play but have to start again from scratch with a new account.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yeah, this is just always going to be an issue for any F2P game. If its free to make a new account, then there's 0 cost for smurfing (Heck, even hacking is less detrimental since you can just make a new not banned account...)

The only real downside to smurfing in Smite, is you have a limited god pool. So unless your favourites are free/on rotation, you'll have to stomp with some other gods instead...

Also, just because your intentions are "Good", you're still smurfing. You're still playing down, muddying up any chance of a MM being able to accurately place new players.

In addition, there's also the possibility of people transferring between console/PC, where they might have the knowledge of how to play but have to start again from scratch with a new account.
    Or you can just rent that god, it's 300 favor only.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,180
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Well, what solution is there beyond nothing that rewards smurfs, like Sock Puppetyr? So long as the game is F2P, there is nothing stopping smurfs from smurfing.

Off-topic, but this reminds me of something a friend told me once. Apparently, one of his friends had dressed up as a white gnome with blue clothes and called herself the "anti-Smurf" for some reason. I don't remember what he said her endgame was, but she deserves recognition for her heroism.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    The new player experience in Smite has been garbage for years, and Hirez doesn't care.

The fact that they ENCOURAGE smurfing doesn't help, either. Not only encourage it, but actively reward it by the "referral" system, which lets people create smurf accounts, link them to their main account, and give themselves skins and gems.

And a LOT of those smurfs are incredibly toxic. Laugh spamming, insulting people in lobby afterwards, gloating about "easy wins" (gosh, you're smurfs playing against new players, and you won, go figure), etc, because they don't care. The account is a throw-away, if it somehow gets banned they'll just make a new smurf account and do it again.