Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July Rant Thread

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

July Rant Thread

Rant away

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    When will these people understand that if you go afk for 5+ minutes but don't disconnect and stand at base spamming emotes/abilities is reportable.

That saying things like "reporting you for feeding" because someone goes 0/10 by the 7th-8th minute of the match is reportable, and I with my teammates even ask them to stop dieing and be more careful?

That picking Meditation on a fking Hunter or Mage is useless and if you die within seconds because you got into CC-Chain but then spam pings onto me - your Guardian, and shittalking about how I have no idea how to play when you simply have no idea how to build - it's your fking problem, not mine.

The most fun part is that when you call them "0-10 feeder" when they are actually 0-10 for the first 8 minutes of the match - it is not fking harassment. It's stating facts and the fact that you died way too much over a short period of time.

Stop using your own mistakes and sh*t plays/0 game knowledge as harassment when someone points at them and gives you advice or advices politely to be more CAREFUL instead of jumping 1 vs 5 over and over and over like a mad person.

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I literally told my team I’m going damage Ama, I can’t frontline with her. They said ok. Our Aphro was only healing his party friend who was Mercury.

I’m in a 2v3 cause we’re getting ganked from the side and our Nu Wa came to help me. Our Aphro suddenly says “Wow way to be a frontliner Ama”. Later on I use my ult and kill 3 of them, almost killing the other 2. Aphro spams “ok” then goes on to say “Mercury don’t go in, let this motherfucker die”.

Like dude what is your problem? You’re only healing your party friend, I told you guys I’m not going to frontline/tank.

This isn’t the first time at all I’ve had problems with parties on my team. Please as a solo queuer, put me with other randoms. Premades are hell to play with, no matter what team they’re on. Most premades I ever get on my team only worry about their party and don’t give a fuck about the others, and then they blame the others when we lose, cause you know, they and their party are never the problem apparently.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    More ranting that it seems like I spend more and more time at work lately.

Just glad I get a week of PTO next week. It'll do wonders for my sanity.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! 1 year registered
    So fun having new god released and everyone insta-picks it every game.

Even better when that god is "Fair and balanced"

Man, I can't wait for Pele, I mean, I never see insta-lock Assassins in games ever /s
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post

The most fun part is that when you call them "0-10 feeder" when they are actually 0-10 for the first 8 minutes of the match - it is not fking harassment. It's stating facts and the fact that you died way too much over a short period of time.
    That absolutely IS harassment, and I'd report you if I caught you doing it to someone. Giving constructive criticism to someone like "don't rush in by yourself, focus the squishies, or by defensive items" is fine; verbally abusing people just to make them feel bad by staying stuff like "0-10 feeder, you suck uninstall, or get good noob" is a reportable offense and people can and will report you for it. A good rule of thumb is that if you can't say something nice, you shouldn't say anything at all. Everyone starts out sucking at the game, but they'll never grow to get better if people like you keep scaring them off before then. It's why smite has a declining playerbase problem.

As for my own rant...get matched with a Fenrir that is convinced I am a bot and thus keeps stealing my buff camp that he doesn't need and even intentionally afks for part of the game because he can't stand that our Apollo is siding with me. I end the game 12-0 and he tells them all to report me for "botting" cause I suck and that I should uninstall. I guess that's why I have more kills than you, more assists than you, and 0 deaths while yours are in the double digits. Get a life dude.
    Last edited by Chiagirl; 07-03-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    In game name is MysticMidnight. If somebody could change my forum name to match, that would be great. I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. I usually play nights CST time; message me if you think I'd be a good fit. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    So.. the match quality since this 2x Nearly Everything Event started truly went down the drain. There's been a large increase of players who throw, troll, noob around, and feed. A lot. Now, this has always been an issue in Smite, but overall, if it's not during weekends or events, it's..decent..? Events can be frustrating, but...this time, this event...is just rediculous.

So...normally I'll win some, lose some. Sometimes more than others. Sometimes a bad team, but often enough a decent match with a decent chance. Yesterday... I played 10 matches. And I lost all except the 10th match. The first 6 due to aforementioned trolls/throwers/feeders. Even more sour that the Artio 0/11 who helped ruin match 1 on my team, was placed on the enemy team in match 2 and 3, where they fed less, and thanks to the overall team not throwing/trolling/feeding, they easily won match 2 and 3, while I still got the very worst end of the player spectrum in my team. Only match 7 and 8 were...a BIT more fair..but overall still very bad. It took all my hard work, being top carry along with an Agni, and multiple near losses, to FINALLY win one match... it was a VERY exhausting and stressful ordeal. Worse than just "not fun". It was horrific.

And today, you guessed it... at the time of posting this, I played 6 matches..and lost all 6, thanks to aforementioned trolls/throwers/feeders. Yes, two matches were more decent, that we COULD have won..so I *guess* that's an improvement over yesterday, but still... normally getting one lousy win isn't this hard, or rare. Normally my teams aren't this abhorrently crap, while the enemy team never really has to lift a finger or do anything.

I'm absolutely fed up with constantly being matched with these players. Why can't I EVER be in the team that stomps and doesn't have to lift a finger? Why can't it just be like normal, where I have a decent chance to win and more importantly, HAVE FUN, without it being ruined by these players each and every time. I've reported them EVERY match, and I haven't seen a SINGLE message saying "An action has been taken against a player you have reported." I could at least understand if these were actual NEW accounts or NEW players, but these people are between level 90-140 and have 15+ diamond Gods.

I think part of it is the event. Part of it is the release of Baron Samedi. New God releases attract these bad players, whether they're overtuned or not (Baron is, according to Hinduman and PonPon). And perhaps part is summer vacation/holidays.

I truly hope with all my heart that everything returns to normal after July 4th. I would absolutely hate it if THIS is my Smite experience from now on. I would have no fun at all anymore, and as much as I LOVE Smite, it would never be worth this kind of frustration and stress, things I have zero control over. As for "git gud", I spent the last 3.5 years "gitting gud". I'm sure I can get even better, however it isn't my fault I'm matched with these kind of players, essentially making me fight 5 enemy Gods, and 4 other Gods, by myself.

Sigh. I'm in no mood for this crap anymore. Seriously need a break from this bullshit.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,917
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender

"Baron's damage isn't problematic"
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post

"Baron's damage isn't problematic"
    Looks like we have a new Scylla/Discordia.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods

Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Sol - Ymir - Cernunnos - Bacchus - Sun Wukong
    No Bow For Apollo

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    Looks like we have a new Scylla/Discordia.
    Though, to be fair, being in Baron's ult for its full duration AND getting pulled into the coffin is not particularly likely.

Outside that, you can thus lower the damage output by running into the coffin if you're gonna get there eventually anyway and minimize the ticks you take.

That said... 10 ticks of 45 + 6% and a coffin of 420 + 50% (Soon to be 380) and oh yeah, free Soul Reaver 15% max health proc is pretty insane...

A potential for 870 + 110% + 15% max health.

Heck, why does the ult need both burst damage AND max health damage on the coffin? When it also applies a 2s stun? (Also, while the entire thing is an AoE CC itself as it pulls multiple gods in)

Seems a bit overkill with how much potential it has for both CC with the pull and the stun as well as also having 3 different damaging aspects all for significant amounts... (Also, giving him 50% DR... Not 100 prots like Hades but freaking 50% damage reduction, the thing that can't be countered at all...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!