Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Personal take on changing Ah Puch to be more viable.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Personal take on changing Ah Puch to be more viable.

Disclamer:

The following is personal opinion on how the god could be improved to be more viable in Conquest. This is not a whole rework, this is a touch up. Consider this being a Raijin Rekit when you still have general god abilities but they have different changes.

---

Passive: Hollow Ground

Removed => When walking over a decaying corpse, Ah Puch lowers the cooldown of Undead Surge and Corpse Explosion by 2s, restores 5% of his maximum Health and 3% of his maximum Mana.

New => Ah Puch is closely attuned with the dead and may exhume corpses at his will. When anything dies nearby Ah Puch (50ft radius), he gets healed for 1.5% of his maximum Health and 1% of his maximum Mana over the the next 3 seconds (stacks up to 3 times). If a God, Big Jungle Monster, Jungle Boss dies within the radius, the healing and mana restoring part is doubled.

New => Walking over his own corpses will apply the doubled effect of healing and mana restoring part and increase his movement speed for 10% (+0.5% per God level) for the next 3 seconds.
    Walking over his corpses doesn't stack but refreshes the duration.

The whole calculation looks like this: 3 stacks off minion deaths result in 4.5% healing and 3% of his mana regenerating over the next 3 seconds. Killing other objectives increases this up to 9% Healing and 6% Mana regenerating with full 3 stacks.

Since he is thematically all around the courpses, I wanted this to be an essensial part of his kit, when actual deaths apply to him and attune his stats.

Ability 1: Undead Surge

Slow: 20/25/30/35/40% => 10/15/20/25/30%.

Ability 2: Corpse Explosion

Removed: Damage per Corpse: 55/80/105/130/155 (+25% of your magical power)

Changed: Initial Damage: 90/100/110/120/130 (+10% of your magical power) => 90/140/180/220/260 (+20% of magical power).

New: Damage increase per corpse: +25%
    If the corpse had 1 point of Health instead of 2 before exploding, the damage increase bonus is reduced to 15%.

New: Gods affected by the initial damage are crippled for 1 second.

Now, I want this ability to be maxed out and be his primary clear tool. Adding some sort of crowd control which only applies if the target was in the said radius of initial ability itself, not in the radius of exploded corpses. This was the reason I've redused the slow % by a little, since the combination of 1+2 was easy to confirm.
    The corpses themselves needed some sort of counterplay, that is why I added the reduction of explosion power if a corpse has been hit by at least one basic attack. Note that this still applies the combination of two corpses on his 1 and one corpse on his 3. The whole explosion damage increase is gonna be 75% if none of the corpses are hit and 65% if at least one was hit.

Ability 3: Fleeting Breath

Removed: After the duration, targets take additional damage and are stunned if they were healed by an ability during the initial duration.

New: During the duration of Miasma, all positive effects applied from abilities (includes passives) are reduced by 25%.
    Changed: Miasma Duration: 5 seconds => 3 seconds.

If a god has been granted a positive effect from either an active or passive ability, they are dealt additional damage and rooted for 1 second.

The bonus damage stays the same as in current live client, but I've changed how it works.

Some examples: an Artemis uses her 2 under Miasma. She gets 25% less attack speed and movement speed from this ability when Miasma effect is active.
    Bacchus drinks and increases his protections from his 1. That effect is reduced by 25% on top of he actually gets 25% less mitigation and 25% less magical power from his passive.
    He Bo has a passive that increases his magical power through stacks, altho, when he has Miasma, the Magical Power increase in reduced by 25%.
    Healing abilities count as positive effects, so it's basically a "reduced healing for the next 3 seconds by 25%).
    Shields are considered to be positive effects by this logic. This means that Geb, Khepri, Nemesis will get 25% Shield Health.
    Movement Speed on Ra gets reduced if he is under Miasma.

NOTE: The root applies only if a god USED an ability or passive during this effect. This means, if Ra has full 3 stacks of his passive but didn't use any abilities within these 3 seconds of being Under Miasma, it doesn't count as a root after the ability effect is over but if he uses to refresh his movement ability from his passive - this will count as a root effect.

I wanted Miasma to be something than just an effect that reduces healing. We all know what Miasma is and I thought the logic of it being an effect that reduces some positive effects of different gods is much better.

Ultimate: Empty the Crypts

New: now passes through all walls but if the hit of this ability passed though a wall, it deals 50% less damage.

-----

What do you guys think?

This overall will add him more utility with his Miasma and I know - the effect like that is super strong. If it's strong, we can remove the root part from it, leaving the additional damage as it is.

These balance numbers are just to show, how he could've been from my personal point of view. They can be changed.
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 07-01-2018 at 04:03 AM.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Can't we just accept that Ah Puch will never be viable in conquest?

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 955
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Can't we just accept that Ah Puch will never be viable in conquest?
    Actually, he's a counter to healers in the solo lane.

Notably Aphrodite and Chang'e whom heal themselves as part of their wave clear.

His 3 just destroys them. 450 + 130% with a stun is really good.

Heck, he might even be usable against self heal gods like Herc, Zhonger Donger, Chaac and maybe even Cerb (If you can find a way to heal yourself to proc his passive = get the 3 to proc)

You just have to be careful when you're bullying the lane that you don't push up to far and get ganked to high heaven.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,512
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    The one thing AP needs more than anything else is a totally different ult that lets him survive a gank, either by way of self-peel or some sort of mobility. With that, he will be viable, and the rest of his kit can simply be tuned down to compensate; particularly if it drops 3 corpses so he can utilize his full detonation potential. The reason he's bad is the fact that he's damage and sustain and absolutely nothing else except for countering specific gods; this rework doesn't change that, it just makes him counter more things.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    I tried Ah Puch on Jungle map once and was surprised the range of corpses on his 1 is always stuck at max range making using his Passive way too hard.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    I tried Ah Puch on Jungle map once and was surprised the range of corpses on his 1 is always stuck at max range making using his Passive way too hard.
    You can reactivate it to detonate it before then or just ram them into a wall.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    The one thing AP needs more than anything else is a totally different ult that lets him survive a gank, either by way of self-peel or some sort of mobility. With that, he will be viable, and the rest of his kit can simply be tuned down to compensate; particularly if it drops 3 corpses so he can utilize his full detonation potential. The reason he's bad is the fact that he's damage and sustain and absolutely nothing else except for countering specific gods; this rework doesn't change that, it just makes him counter more things.
    Currently his ult kinda sucks since you can just stand behind your teams Kuzenbo and he'll block all the zombies since they can't go through enemies. So maybe each zombie that hits drags you as the bodies pile up??? Either a stacking slow or a small push per zombie? That'd give him a bit of self peel.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

Notably Aphrodite and Chang'e whom heal themselves as part of their wave clear.

His 3 just destroys them. 450 + 130% with a stun is really good.

Heck, he might even be usable against self heal gods like Herc, Zhonger Donger, Chaac and maybe even Cerb (If you can find a way to heal yourself to proc his passive = get the 3 to proc)

You just have to be careful when you're bullying the lane that you don't push up to far and get ganked to high heaven.
    I believe using a health potion procs Cerberus passive

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Currently his ult kinda sucks since you can just stand behind your teams Kuzenbo and he'll block all the zombies since they can't go through enemies. So maybe each zombie that hits drags you as the bodies pile up??? Either a stacking slow or a small push per zombie? That'd give him a bit of self peel.
    EtC was kinda cancer when it only had a slow. A knockback with all those ghouls would be a fucking nightmare, since you'd actually have to dance around all of them to avoid getting hit, making it possibly the largest CC AoE in the game. I think it needs to be outright replaced if it's ever going to be balanced.

Muh Concepts

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 3,095
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    He isnt he gets trashed in Solo lane roflmao or in general he gets trashed anywhere
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*