Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Leap God's hit box problem

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxmatanca View Post
    Leaps are a completely different thing then knock ups, mid air animations are fucked, for going up and coming back down, and I'll. Keep saying, the hit boxes should be where your character is, not ahead. So how can I explain it. Brake an image of Ravana ulting in 2 frames. Immidiatly before hitting the ground and a frame for hitting the ground. Your hit box is a frame ahead of your character so it would be in the frame of you hitting the ground while your character is actually in the frame immideatly before that one. And the damage you deal is in the frame before you actually hit the ground. I don't think this was intended but I happened to be like this and they haven't bothered perfecting it
    You still haven't explained WHY this counterplay is bad. You're not making an argument, you keep repeating this assertion that there is a problem without explaining WHY it's a problem.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead mtxmatanca's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Because this is exploitation of an issue that should be fixed, yeah you can try to work around it but ultimately I think it should be refined. Gonna leave this video here, minute 18:03, you'll see Ravana ult and get stunned way before. Of course this is pts but live client has similar issues

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    It's not only herc, every God with hard cc is capable of counter it, so imagine if u are playing at high levels and everyone can execute this mechanic perfectly, I mean just look at weakens video, tyr vs Odin, he legit says Odin cannot farm. If Nike got her 1 buffed so it wouldn't be interrupted so easily, rendering her useless, why not fix this issue on Odin, and the other gods who have similar issues too of course

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    You still haven't explained WHY this counterplay is bad. You're not making an argument, you keep repeating this assertion that there is a problem without explaining WHY it's a problem.
    And the reason I find it problematic is because it makes no sense in a development point of view and makes the game unfair. If you are not on the ground why are you hit by ground abilities

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Oh and the link to the video right, sy for the spam. https://youtu.be/KWvFBaK8_Gk

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxmatanca View Post
    And the reason I find it problematic is because it makes no sense in a development point of view and makes the game unfair.
    WHY is it unfair? WHY is it nonsensical design? WHY. IS. IT. BAD?

You have made it exceedingly clear that you cannot back up your own fucking argument. You just keep saying the same thing over and over without backing it up. AT ALL.

Also 2 things: first, you can just edit your posts instead of spamming a thread. Second, Weak3n isn't a reliable source for anything. If you've seen him ult the speed camp, then you should understand this.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Odin can still clear wave, he doesn't need to bird bomb. He can use his shield WITHOUT jumping to deal aoe damage, and he has his slow that hits twice. Then you can save your leap for an escape if you need it instead.

Or just leap without bird shield in case you get interrupted so you only lose 1 skill instead of 2.

It is a lot harder to interrupt a landing leap than dashes, you have to know where they are going to land and be in position to catch them whereas dashes can be interrupted at any point of the dash. Why are you complaining about a harder to stop ability type? Seriously all of your complaints about leaps can also be said about dashes, only worse, and that's always been perfectly acceptable. It takes hard CC(or cripple) to stop a leap/dash, so if you get interrupted congratulations you just opened up a window for your team.

Only real problem are the CC immune ult leaps that get interrupted, as they should be CC immune during their ults and its wearing off at the wrong time. Its like Medusa ulting but right before she blasts people her CC immunity wears off and Ymir freezes her, and now her ults on cooldown because she already got a part of her ult(the CC immunity window).

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Odin can still clear wave, he doesn't need to bird bomb. He can use his shield WITHOUT jumping to deal aoe damage, and he has his slow that hits twice. Then you can save your leap for an escape if you need it instead.

Or just leap without bird shield in case you get interrupted so you only lose 1 skill instead of 2.

It is a lot harder to interrupt a landing leap than dashes, you have to know where they are going to land and be in position to catch them whereas dashes can be interrupted at any point of the dash. Why are you complaining about a harder to stop ability type? Seriously all of your complaints about leaps can also be said about dashes, only worse, and that's always been perfectly acceptable. It takes hard CC(or cripple) to stop a leap/dash, so if you get interrupted congratulations you just opened up a window for your team.

Only real problem are the CC immune ult leaps that get interrupted, as they should be CC immune during their ults and its wearing off at the wrong time. Its like Medusa ulting but right before she blasts people her CC immunity wears off and Ymir freezes her, and now her ults on cooldown because she already got a part of her ult(the CC immunity window).
    I think in dashes it makes sense, I think they base most of their abilities in a 2D method(not all of them, and of course I can't be sure they actually made it this way), so if you are using a ground ability like a dash you are still at the exact z coordinate(because they have to use it for God's who change this element), so you should be hit by other abilities that have the same Z coordinate. Now, a leap changes the Z variable, and that's where the problem comes in, that coordinate isn't accurate on landing, nor on going airbone most of the times, that's why these issues occur.

I guess you can try to play smarter and that indeed does make the game more challenging, but in a way it completely ruins some gods in my opinion. I only wish they would look into these minor issues since they've been in the game for such a long time

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Well you do realize, before a god actually hits the ground they'd be close enough to the other gods to get hit...

Think of it this way, Odin jumps towards Poseidon but before hit hits Poseidon a giant torrent of water washes him away. All that momentum is just engulfed and swallowed by the water. If your timing is just right that you CC them before they land, they are close enough to hit already.

Of course i still think if they are CC immune it shouldn't interrupt(because you know, immunity), but aside from that the only thing that doesn't make sense is when you leap, and a whirlpool is placed in your path(not where you land) and suddenly you're in the whirlpool. Like seriously, was the vortex so strong it is sucking things out of the sky? Same with nox silence bubble, it is a bubble and I'm above (not touching) it.... But that's just how cripple/silence zones works.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    And any ult with CC is negated by any ability with CC-immunity, as Ravana, Chang'e, and Xbalanque are all able to exploit. Ults that slow/root are negated by slow/root immunity. Ults that deal damage are countered by Ravana and Chang'e's invulnerables, as well as any i-frames in most cases. When you get down to it, most ults are countered by normal abilities somehow.
    True, difference is they can't be interrupted during shooting their projectile, the projectile can be blocked.

What is special with ravana, rata and merc also is that they are the projectile themselves. In case of sobek 2 I just don't like it, it doesn't feel logic. However if I jumped as Ravana and landed on a janus portal I would have no problem with getting interrupted and fall down into the hole cause that feels like it makes sense way more, well maybe not interrupted still it could be cool if he continues his ult after the porting . To compare with launching a bomb, a bomb that hits some spinning think still explodes on it, but if it lands in a hole it falls through. In this case Ravana/Rata is the bomb. In case of Nox I think he should land deal dmg. But when I load my ulti jump and come crash down some crocodile shouldnt just be able to spin and knock me out of it, that is like sobek knocking kuzen out of his ult despite kuzens spin obviously is a stronger move.

Now what happens if Ravana should ult and ulting kuzen. Personally I think Ravana should land and deal his dmg, then he gets stunned by kuzens ult but not before. But I think what happens in game is Ravana bouncing around in mid air, landing on random spot and sometimes gets his CD reset. This is not sound game mechanics in anyway. Either we decide he gets countered by kuzen ult and he looses his ult dmg, it goes on cd and does nothing, or we decide it punches through with dmg, the mitigation buff on ravana activates and the skill gets on cd.
    Rocking the boat