Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Leap God's hit box problem

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 811
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Yes, that's the effect for properly timing your CC to hit a leaping god in a narrow window in which their CC-immunity and i-frames are gone and they have yet to deal damage to you. Why is that broken? You're just repeating the same shit over and over without actually posing an argument.
    Most Gods once their ult is off it will go off in its entirety. Some have CC immune for duration, some once deployed stays out etc. I don't know about Rata since I play him very rarely but if its the same for Ravana they should have CC immune until the dmg and cc is deployed. A normal ability should not counter an ultimate, it his how it works for 95% of the Gods and if there are exceptions then that is just dumb. It would be the same as silencing a Vulcan that already shot his ultimate and when it lands it would deal no damage. If you CC before an ultimate that is fine but once it is off it should go off and there shouldn't be some special case for a few gods that can be countered by a few spells, like Sobek spin on Ravana ulti. Most likely its due to some old code that should be fixed, much like Sobek was left completely immune during his pluck longer then needed he has some weird effect left on his 2 that allows to bounce the Ravana ultimate. If the code now allows to get around such scenarios of course it should be changed.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 07-04-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Medusa's ult is countered by an Ymir wall which is a normal ability... Just saying.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,474
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Medusa's ult is countered by an Ymir wall which is a normal ability... Just saying.
    And any ult with CC is negated by any ability with CC-immunity, as Ravana, Chang'e, and Xbalanque are all able to exploit. Ults that slow/root are negated by slow/root immunity. Ults that deal damage are countered by Ravana and Chang'e's invulnerables, as well as any i-frames in most cases. When you get down to it, most ults are countered by normal abilities somehow.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead mtxmatanca's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    In changes and Ravana case it's intended, you are just not trying to get on point with me, cause I've laid it all for you to understand. If the God hasn't hit the ground yet, his hit box shouldn't be in the ground, alas he would not suffer effects, like damage or cc, in hirez they programmed it so the hit box travels a little farther then the actual character, the problem is, your hit box is farther then you are, and the damage won't be dealt at the same time you are getting hit, which I find to be an issue, but you clearly dont.

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    But that's a wall, it's kinda intended, her ult doesn't go through walls

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Most Gods once their ult is off it will go off in its entirety. Some have CC immune for duration, some once deployed stays out etc. I don't know about Rata since I play him very rarely but if its the same for Ravana they should have CC immune until the dmg and cc is deployed. A normal ability should not counter an ultimate, it his how it works for 95% of the Gods and if there are exceptions then that is just dumb. It would be the same as silencing a Vulcan that already shot his ultimate and when it lands it would deal no damage. If you CC before an ultimate that is fine but once it is off it should go off and there shouldn't be some special case for a few gods that can be countered by a few spells, like Sobek spin on Ravana ulti. Most likely its due to some old code that should be fixed, much like Sobek was left completely immune during his pluck longer then needed he has some weird effect left on his 2 that allows to bounce the Ravana ultimate. If the code now allows to get around such scenarios of course it should be changed.
    I don't think that they have cc immunity anymore, the reason I say it's because of the hit boxes, I think the hit box travels further then your character, and near the end of your animation, when you are falling down your hit box has already hit the ground, so you are considered out of the ultimate,, the shit is, your damage is only dealt once the character model hits the ground,if our damage hit with the hit box you would see it out of sinc with the character model, and this is what I have issues with, make it so that everything happens at the same time, it's more fair that way

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,474
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxmatanca View Post
    In changes and Ravana case it's intended, you are just not trying to get on point with me, cause I've laid it all for you to understand. If the God hasn't hit the ground yet, his hit box shouldn't be in the ground, alas he would not suffer effects, like damage or cc, in hirez they programmed it so the hit box travels a little farther then the actual character, the problem is, your hit box is farther then you are, and the damage won't be dealt at the same time you are getting hit, which I find to be an issue, but you clearly dont.
    You haven't "laid it all out" at all. You just keep saying the same thing without explaining yuorself.

The CC doesn't effect you until the god is immediately above the ground. Most effects can hit you while you're slightly in the air; otherwise, knockups would be crippling to your team because they wouldn't be able to hit your targets. Leaps don't deal damage until AFTER you hit the ground.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Leaps are a completely different thing then knock ups, mid air animations are fucked, for going up and coming back down, and I'll. Keep saying, the hit boxes should be where your character is, not ahead. So how can I explain it. Brake an image of Ravana ulting in 2 frames. Immidiatly before hitting the ground and a frame for hitting the ground. Your hit box is a frame ahead of your character so it would be in the frame of you hitting the ground while your character is actually in the frame immideatly before that one. And the damage you deal is in the frame before you actually hit the ground. I don't think this was intended but I happened to be like this and they haven't bothered perfecting it

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    And this isn't only for leaps I now realize, characters who go airborne are subject to the same problem, ever ulted as camaztoz going mid air into your ult height and getting hit by shit? Ever ulted as Freya and gotten up in the air and still, getting hit by shit? In these cases your hit box is farther behind, which again is not cool. These are minor things, they have been in the game for a long time and we lived with it, I don't really mind these ones, but canceling cc immune ultis? And canceling quits because the hit boxes aren't right is a problem, and I wish it'd be fixed. Hope you now understand what I meant about it being broke. If not I think it's a lost case because I just discrebed it as much as possible,maybe I'll post a drawing makes it easier

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,084
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Seems more of an l2p Issue but I do recognize that a lot of gods with leaps or airborne abilities are hit by things you wouldn't think they would be.

E.g. Hercules can push a Odin out of his jump just as he's landing.

It's just that I was so bad back then I didn't realize that was the case and just focused on getting better completely ignoring it as a problem and adapting to it.