Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Leap God's hit box problem

New Member Cupidhead mtxmatanca's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Leap God's hit box problem

Hey, so I've been playing this game for a while now, and I found some of the mechanics to be dumb, this mechanic has been in the game for a huge amount of time. So one time I was ultying some mage in middle lane, I had Ratatskr, I was in the animation and before I hit the ground and dealt the damage that would've killed my target I got hit by his abilities. So my hit box was in the ground but my character and the damage weren't, I reported this to hirez because I taught that this was a bug, turns out this is intentional... This was maybe s3, now coming to s5, here I am playing support Odin on a ganesha, I try to bird bomb them and my kit is completely thrown away, my leap gets canceled when I get in range of the mute and my bird bomb explodes for no damage, I reported this to hirez 2, no answer as of yet, mercs dash at the right timing cancels odins combo too. This happens for every God that has a leap or juml ability and I hate it, makes no sense to me how it works, cause damage is dealt to you before you can hit the ground.
    So. I'm posting this with hopes that I find people who got the same issues with this and maybe we could get hirez attention. And sorry for the long post.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Why exactly is this bad? If you know about this mechanic, play around it. It means there's more counterpicks to leap-reliant gods.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Cause this mechanic can cancel gods kits, take Odin for example, you can cancel his clear with tyr her, maybe Nike, zhong praticly any God with some cc, you won't be able to farm if the other player is good enough to cancel your combo. Now look at Nike, her 1 main clear ability could be canceled easy, and they fixed it so you couldn't interrupt her 1 so easy. For Odin is the same thing you can interrupt is clear that easelly. And the for the other gods leaps, its kinda unfair don't you think? Like they can hit you and you can't hit them, in my eyes that's an issue and so I think it should be fixed

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxmatanca View Post
    Cause this mechanic can cancel gods kits, take Odin for example, you can cancel his clear with tyr her, maybe Nike, zhong praticly any God with some cc, you won't be able to farm if the other player is good enough to cancel your combo. Now look at Nike, her 1 main clear ability could be canceled easy, and they fixed it so you couldn't interrupt her 1 so easy. For Odin is the same thing you can interrupt is clear that easelly. And the for the other gods leaps, its kinda unfair don't you think? Like they can hit you and you can't hit them, in my eyes that's an issue and so I think it should be fixed
    But why is that unfair? Play around it, bait things that can interrupt you, wait for the enemy to blow their CC if you know they can exploit it, or just don't jump on enemies already channeling CC. It just sounds like you want to remove counterplay for no reason other than salt.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    You can still interrupt Nike.... You just have to use a silence or stun. Sure a cripple will pull Odin out of the air and ruin his leap just like it does to all leaps/dashes and it still goes on cooldown because you still used a movement ability AND MOVED. There isn't anything wrong here.... The only real problem would be his bird shield popping early and not doing damage, which should be fixed however if its time runs out mid jump and your jump gets canceled then his bird shield shouldn't be doing anything. So it is kinda hard to fix up...

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    These mechanics also bothered me at first but I guess with time I learned to live with it though. I mean I have no problem not being able to jump into nox silence as Fenrir, but when an Ares chain you just as you are about to land canceling out everything you got it really sucks.

However I think ults should always trump normal abilities. As in your rata example, rata should be cc immune until his dmg and cc has went off. Same thing with Ravana, ever landed on a spinning sobek with Ravana ulti? Well you bounce and deal no dmg, it looks weird and it feels weird, sometimes you bounce to side and deal dmg there instead, sometimes the ult resets and you can jump again. Buggy as F is what it is, it would be fixed if Ravana was considered CC immune until he landed and dealt damage.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    The major issue I have with this is the hit boxes not being correct, if they were you would deploy your damage. I guess you can work around it but it doesn't change the fact that it's broken.
    I've had that happen on Ravana too

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The major issue I have with this is the hit boxes not being correct, if they were you would deploy your damage. I guess you can work around it but it doesn't change the fact that it's broken.
    I've had that happen on Ravana too
    Wha--how are they not correct? You land in the thing, you're affected by the thing. It's not broken, you just need to learn how to play around it. You keep asserting that there's some huge, fundamental problem here, but you utterly refuse to explain why.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    In the case of the silence I kinda get it, but other things aren't, look at Ravana ult for example, rats ult, if u get cc'd before u hit the ground u get those effects and your abilities is canceled

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    In the case of the silence I kinda get it, but other things aren't, look at Ravana ult for example, rats ult, if u get cc'd before u hit the ground u get those effects and your abilities is canceled
    Yes, that's the effect for properly timing your CC to hit a leaping god in a narrow window in which their CC-immunity and i-frames are gone and they have yet to deal damage to you. Why is that broken? You're just repeating the same shit over and over without actually posing an argument.

Muh Concepts