Thread: Fantasy Point Tipping is gonna be removed.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Fantasy Point Tipping is gonna be removed.

As said in patchnotes: https://www.smitegame.com/news/cyber...2-update-notes

This feature has been removed from the game to prepare for a new positive player behavior reward system launching in 5.13.
    Hope this is gonna be something like Honor system in League of Legends where you can vote for a valuable player and the more someone gets voted, the more their positive level increases, bringing more rewards. And if someone gets reported and banned, he gets absolutely nothing even for the following 1-2 months after the ban is over.

Awww, the dream.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Did anyone ever actually use the tipping system?
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

New Member Cupidhead Sehshomaryu's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    I did, if I felt like someone was awesome or really pulled their weight. Meaning far rarer than I'd have liked but if I tipped I did 100%.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Perplexual's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I tipped 1 to 2 times. Tipped an Ares who actually body block, was first in the fight and picked up kills people could not get under tower was rare to see a guardian actually do their job. Usually people won't tip had alot of matches i'm 20 plus k/a will everyone under 10 no one tips me
    I state what i want to see. I could give two rats @ss what strangers on the net think. If i want your advice or opinion i'll ask or beat it out of you. I play to win.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I've been tipped a few times.

Mostly towards the end of the Fall Split. I.e. When people have gotten all the rewards from FP so it's literally worthless to them.

Of course, the side effect of tipping when FP is worthless to you, means that it's also likely worthless to the player getting tipped, outside some warm fuzzy feeling of being acknowledged. Unless of course, your heart is literally coal and you hate everything except lolis...

Hopefully the new system will be better, also, without being abusable by people who party together...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,694
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    Did anyone ever actually use the tipping system?
    Only at the end of last season when I had all the ticket items. Otherwise nope.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I feel like tipping should be done by spectators or your opponents, not your own team.

It seems counter-intuitive to tip your own team in a team game in which nobody would have gotten anywhere without the team.

I have a feeling their "good player reward" bullshit will also just give premades extra goodies rather than encourage actual "good behavior" because they can control the vote. Its almost like gamers will just game whatever system you put in front of them. Weird, eh?

Besides that, I thought that was what um... that little heart thing with the percentage was supposed to do. Encourage good behavior. Why isn't that working? Its providing a reward too.

Oh. Because its based on a vote. So it can't be impactful or else people would complain that their heart percentage was tanked. For example, say they were being "good" and this led to a sub-par k/d ratio, and was then insulted and reported by salty little llamas. Oops. The automated system has now rewarded a troll instead of the good player and then the game even threatens the player because "they have been reported".

Do you think a troll cares if they see that threatening message that they've been reported? Nope. They know the "good guy" does. All that "reward" system does is give a weapon for trolls to use against players that might actually have been trying, and then that bad trolly behavior is reinforced by the system after it threatens the player that didn't deserve to be threatened. You just created another angry gamer, or if it happened to a new player, then they might just quit.

I'm sure the "new reward system" will be so much better and totally won't get gamed too. Tips were a bad idea, but at least it was benign.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I thought tipping was taking some of your own fantasy points and giving it to someone else... So no extra goodies there. I mean it always asks how much of the fantasy points you made do you want to tip to someone....

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    Besides that, I thought that was what um... that little heart thing with the percentage was supposed to do. Encourage good behavior. Why isn't that working? Its providing a reward too.
    Goodwill doesn't work because it only provides Favour.

A resource that is 99% useless.

All you can do with Favour is buy mastery skins and extra slots for those crappy chests that almost always just contain stupid boosters (Seriously, I have like 90+ of all the boosters, leave me alone stupid chests)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 2,070
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Only at the end of last season when I had all the ticket items. Otherwise nope.
    And with the 80k fp threshold for the end reward now, yeah...