Thread: How do you deal with idiots?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

How do you deal with idiots?

I just got done with a very frustrating match in which our Susasno jg decided to go 1/5. This imbecile called jg, picked Susano one of the hardest characters to master, and fed the Thoth. He was a level 80 and he didn't even know the basics of jungling such as camp priority, ganking, etc. Heck 3 of his deaths were because he LITERALLY ran the enemy Thoth, dove tower, and then died. Like holy crap, wtf does this player have a brain or not??? We legit lost the game because the enemy jungler basically dominated the jg, Thoth was unstoppable, and it felt a lot like a 4v5. We asked him to please stop doing stupid stuff and help gank like a decent jgler would. But no, instead he chose to do the same thing over and over until we f6 at 11 minutes. How do you deal with idiots like this? Like positive reinforcement such as game tips aren't going to help because they refuse to learn. Does this count as trolling/intentional feeding because he is purposely ruining the game for the rest of the team?
    And this is a prime example, as to why solo queue feels like hell. (fyi I was cerb supp, me and my adc did great, we won lane)

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Because this game doesn't force you or encourage you to learn Conquest since the beginning when you have a lot of other gamemodes.

Why would someone play Conquest when he can play Arena/Clash without any problem and then jump into Conquest having literally 0 Conquest understanding and then wondering why you are actually toxic towards them and reporting you for being "toxic" towards a guy who never played Conquest during all his 100 levels and trying it out for lulz.

This is also a problem for ranked. I've seen players who master Arena, have 0 Conquest match history but then jump into Ranked one only to see "how it looks like" and acting like "haha, enjoy your loss". It was Season 4 and I've asked this question once in Smite Discord where HiRez developers sit and the answer I got from one of them (not gonna look back into chat history) was like "so what, they have the right to play ranked even if they had 0 Conquest experience, they aren't ruining that, it's like in LoL players maining Aram and then going into Ranked League".

Yes, I am not joking, that was the answer from one of the official Smite dudes and that was the moment when I stopped playing Ranked, because that answer showed they don't give a f*ck about how players with literally 0 conquest experience jump into ranked one only to troll players who fight there seriously.

So what do you expect from casual Conquest experience?

Junior Member Cupidhead xEMotionx's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    [...] Why would someone play Conquest when he can play Arena/Clash without any problem and then jump into Conquest having literally 0 Conquest
    understanding and then wondering why you are actually toxic towards them and reporting you for being "toxic" towards a guy who never played Conquest during all his 100 levels and trying it out for lulz. [...]
    So, why being toxic in the first place? If you know he is new, help out.
    The Susano described seems to be a hard case, yeah. But not one with 0 exp. in Conq. Don't be toxic on first mistake. (Often enough saw that. Funny was the guy blaming me feeding [Ganesh 0|4|21 | 7 on Passive]
    I wonder why people need to be so salty and toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    [...]
    "so what, they have the right to play ranked even if they had 0 Conquest experience, they aren't ruining that, it's like in LoL players maining Aram and then going into Ranked League".
    Yes, I am not joking, that was the answer from one of the official Smite dudes and that was the moment when I stopped playing Ranked [...]
    Yes. They have the right. I see it the same way they do. Because: Why not?
    Why should a player not have the right to play a specific game mode?
    When did you play your first ranked? Wasn't it like "Lets just try it out" too?
    If not, well, you still have to understand this.
    There is nothing wrong with this decision.
    η β π
    ~
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by xEMotionx View Post
    So, why being toxic in the first place? If you know he is new, help out.
    Because when you give them advice without hate and rage - they answer back like "muted, fuck off, reported, omg you are toxic". A request like "Solo lane is where Blue buff is situated" are completely ignored because people think the solo lane is "top lane (I mean, left lane)" only because "LoL does that" and you can even waste 3 hours trying to explain them that - they will still think Solo lane is Left lane and Duo is Right lane.

If you ask them to stop diving 1 vs 5, and you ask them politely, you get answered back with "fuck off, u are toxic, reported, 0 help team, omg u suck" behaviour.

When someone gets ganked a lot, they spam like "no missing, reporting team, trolls noobs, delete Smite" even if when you politely ask them to buy wards instead. And the most sh*t part if that when you ask them to get wards, they act back with "muted" and the next time I say "enemies incoming middle, retreat middle lane, enemy missing left/whatever you can say" - they don't hear it because muting mutes the quick chat system and they again blame YOU for no missing and report you for something THEY've done to not get VGS-commands.

Also, being new? Someone is 140 account level and have never played Conquest and you want to waste your time at your account level matches to give "advice" to someone who simply ignored Conquest but decided to see what it looks like?

Yes. They have the right. I see it the same way they do. Because: Why not?
    Why should a player not have the right to play a specific game mode?
    When did you play your first ranked? Wasn't it like "Lets just try it out" too?
    If not, well, you still have to understand this.
    There is nothing wrong with this decision.
    There is something wrong with the decision. There is a reason it's called Ranked. You shouldn't be allowed to play it if you don't have at least 100 Conquest wins.

People play Ranked for rewards, higher positions, for the more serious atmosphere and that's what everyone would tell you.

If you come into Ranked conquest with literally 0 Conquest experience and you don't know what items are to be picked (I am not saying this is a must, but not like 1.9 attack speed Kukulkan going 0/20 only because he doesn't play Conquest and his main gamemode is Assault with 7k matches behind it) , what Meta is, what lane is solo and duo (yes, I had two matches where players simply had no idea what lane is supposed to be duo ending up being on SOLO lane instead and making it basically a loss) and stuff - you should be blocked from the ranked Conquest.

There is a reason people react like "if you want to be more competitive/more wins - go play Ranked". And if everyone starts acting like you with "nah, it's fine they ruin matches on purpose because of their 0 understanding of how gamemode works" mind, then we should simply remove Ranked tab from the game and make Draft system applied to Casual Conquest. And we will be fine then.
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 07-06-2018 at 05:01 AM.

Achievements:
    I agree with most of what Raptoriuzz said. xEMotionx it makes zero sense for someone that doesn't even know the basics of conquest to jump into conquest. That's like saying someone should try and cook a dish without knowing how to mix the ingredients. It just defies logic. Also you are thinking these people are willing to learn, some might be, but sadly most people that do this kind of crap aren't (like the Susano in my game for ex). People that do this kind of crap will usually refuse to work with the rest of the team, mute people like me that try to teach them, and then eventually report me for "harassment" because I called them out.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I find the best way to deal with idiots, is to accept the fact you can't control someone else's behavior. If you try to give them friendly advice and they ignore it, there's nothing you can do about it and getting upset over it doesn't help anyone. It certainly doesn't help you. All you can do is try to enjoy the game, win or lose.

That said, a lot of people take conquest seriously (ranked or not) , a ranked game I would expect that. Ranked has that implication. One would think that there would be some barrier for entry, even if it is making sure they've played a few games so they know how. The problem is, when you don't know how to play in normal conquest, people crap all over you. I don't normally play that mode, I play the others. Arena/Assault/Joust. People I knew told me that conquest was just full of toxic people. Well, one day I decided to try a conquest game (not ranked). I joined the match, picked a god, (Bellona) who I play whenever I have the option to. Everyone in the match instantly jumped down my throat, and rather than explain why I should choose another god, people left the match. I should note that I had not locked in the choice, I had simply selected her, and noticed people calling out different positions, and before I could ask why, people were saying to report me.

Unfortunately, people are going to behave this way. There's nothing you can do to change it, so the best way to deal with it, is to accept that, not let them get under your skin. Block them, and move on.
    Last edited by Worwyzird; 07-19-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Worwyzird View Post
    I find the best way to deal with idiots, is to accept the fact you can't control someone else's behavior. If you try to give them friendly advice and they ignore it, there's nothing you can do about it and getting upset over it doesn't help anyone. It certainly doesn't help you. All you can do is try to enjoy the game, win or lose.
    Yes a 4v6 is 100% still fun to play even though the enemy team gets ahead in terms of most things and all because one imbecile decided "oh I am going to play a game mode that is much more complex than the other game modes, I have the ability to look up how to play conquest, but I am not going to do it because I don't care if I ruin the game for 4 other players ".

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    sano isn't hard to learn nore use to start and maybe he was having a really bad game that's all stop complaining about things like this cause well its making it seem like this post is about u

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xFATEx View Post
    sano isn't hard to learn nore use to start and maybe he was having a really bad game that's all stop complaining about things like this cause well its making it seem like this post is about u
    First off, Susano not being a difficult god to learn is just your opinion because you most likely don't understand that a good number of people don't know what aa cancels are. Secondly, diving tower over and over, not prioritizing objectives, and refusing to work with the rest of the team does NOT mean or even indicate that the player is having a bad game. The Susano player was either an idiot or a troll, hence why he refused to take in any kind of advice. Thirdly, you need to learn how to read because I haven't "complain". All I did was state facts and provide personal responses to previous replies. You need to stop making replies like that cause well it seems like you are someone with a child's mentality.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    In my "tier", which seems to be ever-evolving (before this new patch).. I pretty much yell at them not to focus tanks and to play smart.... Or make the proper plays in regard to their team. It has worked for the most part.

Then again, I play Assault mostly and though it's a significant game-mode, it's recently been decimated by the new play system.. (not to mention the fact it's not at all balanced..). .....