Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Baron needs a real nerf

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 727
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    And he's said that...where, exactly? Because he sure as fuck hasn't said it in this thread.
    I never did, but thank you for trying to put words in my mouth, Galvay.
    However, unlike you, I understand why it takes so long in between patch cycles, why it's not as simple as waving a magic wand to make bugs go away, and how they check feedback from the community.
    THAT is what I said. I also despise anyone who thinks HR is a shitty company just because they're trying their hardest and have to deal with a whiney playerbase.
    Last edited by Saerireth; 07-10-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    This broken god needs two things
    Eather to low his damage for double
    or to remove his stun
    I mean a mage who do damage like anubis and vulcan all at once has pull and stun, thats just too much way too much
    For me the besto choice would be to remove his stun

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Baron has plently of counter-picks.

His issue is overtuned numbers and aspects of his kit, he is not invincible to bad matchups.
    "Baron has plently of counter-picks."

okay boo boo you tried it

Junior Member Cupidhead NeutralEffect's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Baron should be fine after all those fixes.
    As for beads being not enough, there is always also Aegis. But, if 2s of CC immunity did not allow someone to get out or just survive without gettin pulled in, it might have been a really bad misposition on aforementioned player's side.
    Moreover, it's not like You cannot dash/leap out of his ult, so if You have one of these, and don't just waste it for whatever You were trying to do, You will probably have no problem escaping his ult. Just straightforward punishment for picking Zeus, Da Ji, Artemis etc., which shouldn't be too surprising.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutralEffect View Post
    Moreover, it's not like You cannot dash/leap out of his ult, so if You have one of these, and don't just waste it for whatever You were trying to do, You will probably have no problem escaping his ult. Just straightforward punishment for picking Zeus, Da Ji, Artemis etc., which shouldn't be too surprising.
    Though, there are a plethora of skills that punish low/no mobility gods.

But they at least have counterplay in the form of a single relic can alleviate that concern once per long CD (Far longer than any of the skills).

Baron's ult doesn't have that. It's oft too easy to make beads useless because its range/duration/speed it pulls in combination with the fact that Baron can move with it (Albeit at a slower speed), while Aegis doesn't really do much except reduce the upfront burst from the ult itself, but still leaving you open for 2 seconds to get wailed on.

His ult still is literally the only part of his kit I have ever had major issues with (I mean, his 3 is also really annoying, but I play a lot of gods with built in slow immunity so I think that Ramp-to-Root thing is complete BS. Like, apparently it's fine for Artio's slow to root to be jukable, be weak to both slow AND root immunity and even be an interruptable channel, but god forbid that Broken Samedi needs to actually do anything but drool on his keyboard and get top kills top damage...)

Literally because of how much damage it provides with such little counterplay.

Like, high damage and CC isn't broken in of itself. See something like Kraken. Since it's got counterplay in the form of you can Aegis and immune the damage and the CC isn't strong enough to be a major threat (It's more likely that the Whirlpool will be the deadly form of CC in a Kraken usage...)

Odin's ring is disgustingly powerful CC especially against low mobility gods (Or even high mobility gods that just don't have a sufficient leap, take for example Jing Bae she is high mobility but only her ult gets out of a ring) but you can pop Phantom Veil and get out.

Ares/Da Ji pulls? Significant damage and displace plus 2s stun? Beads will sort that out.

Yet Baron is the only god who has this skill that requires a specific kind of escape (Some are too slow. For example, Raijin's Thunder Crash is often too slow and he'll get pulled in and hit by the coffin before he finishes the cast), kit based long duration CC immunity or 2 relics in order to avoid it (Beads > Aegis > Run into coffin to stop the damage and immune the stun) with maybe a poor ult usage allowing beads alone to work.

Like, if his ult wasn't so stupid to deal with, he'd be fine. Heck, he'd have been fine before he had his base kit damage tuned down. He'd have been another immobile glass cannon with an impactful ult. But right now it's just often a case of press 4 get kills because of the limited criteria of actually being able to do something about it.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    things
    Da Ji's ult also outlasts beads, but she cannot shot You again if You were cleansed after getting chained. It was suggested multiple times to give Baron something similar, and it would probably fix the issue. Although it would require it to be exclusive to beads, otherwise Baron would be useless - he relies on his ult way too much to let some Chirons just clean their entire team and fly away.
    I think he falls into similar category as Nox and Loki, being more of a nuisance rather than impossible to deal with. Haven't seen him in pro scene, which seems to add up. Although he's definitely way more useful, especially since he can be played from behind way better than those two examples.

Btw I'm surprised You were willing to spend the time to write this. I think You could have shortened it considerably without missing any important points.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutralEffect View Post
    Haven't seen him in pro scene, which seems to add up.
    He hasn't been available in the pro scene yet.

New gods are perma-banned for several weeks until they're allowed into the pro scene, not only that but the pro scene is generally a week behind on patches anyway (Since they come mid-week, it'd be unfair for people having matches early in the week to be on a different patch to those people later in the week)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    He hasn't been available in the pro scene yet.

New gods are perma-banned for several weeks until they're allowed into the pro scene, not only that but the pro scene is generally a week behind on patches anyway (Since they come mid-week, it'd be unfair for people having matches early in the week to be on a different patch to those people later in the week)
    Didn't know that. Thanks for info, now i feel kinda dumb.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think he needs to have different succ levels based on placement. Even with beads, there is little to no counterplay, and it's a huge displacement that doesn't need anything to combo into it. Tyr and Hercules need need two abilities, sometimes 3 or a relic to get full displacement, and ares and da ji, with similar displacement have beads counterplay.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,613
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    "Baron has plently of counter-picks."

okay boo boo you tried it
    You being unable to counter him =/= him not having counter picks
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.