Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: General Advice for Bruiser Guardians

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor

General Advice for Bruiser Guardians

By Bruiser Guardians, I mean the ones that are primarily based around dealing damage, such as Ares, Xing Tian and (arguably) Ymir, specifically when it comes to Conquest, because I've primarily only really played Arena.

What are some general tips you'd like to share for general laning, whether it be in Solo or Duo lane?
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Also wouldn't mind some general advice on what Guardians/Supports to pick to ease into laning in Conquest.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Xing I only played a few games and never done very well in conq. Ares nope I don't play him at all.

If you are into Sylvanus I think he is great to learn for conq, sylvs always seem to give me a hard time (unless I play sobek). One of my favorites is sobek though, great laning, great peel and he has anti heal and some sustain as well. If you look for a well rounded support to play I say it again, SOBEK. Stock up on pots, I usually go heal and multi pot and just hit em both when I start take dmg. Upgraded sprint is nice sure but depending on my lane I might just go normal sprint instead, I don't like trading away my sustain. As a general rule I would say level the ability that has best clear first and then whatever else. For sobek his spin or slash depending on the lane you face, do you need more peel or more sustain early on basicly. When I can afford it I grab the ward chalice, you are expected to ward a lot, the sooner you can make that investment the quicker you save gold on it. After boots or after the item after that. I usually build supp starter into blue boots but I seen supports go straight for auras as well and they have made it work. After boots well its like any game mode really, what do you need? Personally I'm not a fan of the stacking glove thing, I prefer either heartward into breastplate (or other way around) or sover into shoguns/void stone or smth like that. For Ymir Void stone is a must I think as 2nd or 3rd item his strong point is damage anyway so boosting it makes sense. But some guardians bring other things to the table then just damage (like sobek, with initiation, peel and anti heal) and he can totally get by without a void stone.

I have played Ymir quite a bit in conq mostly as support but also as jungle (I don't recommend him solo, my gf has tried some times but some matchups are just a nightmare). Also solo is my weakest lane so I just wont comment more on that In duo for start just focus on nuking the creeps, if you can land a God hit same time great. Kill the archers fast if possible without taking to much dmg and then work from there (yes go in and melee them, after your 2 they take extra dmg for a bit). If you win the pressure then go after the Gods, after you dealt with archers or when its like 2 melee creeps left. If you loose the pressure then fall back and get ready to peel off and try make as good a trade as you can when they go aggressive, and protect your hunter. Its nice to pressure their hunter but it can be risky if their guard goes for yours and then wins that trade and their hunter manages to out move you so you can't peel (sobek is not likely to have these problems though, he can just hit his 2 and 1 and toss their guardian back). Putting pressure on their guardian is safer and easier but in the end its the hunter you wanna keep down the most, ain't that hard though if you manage to harass out the guardian. If you use 3 on a God as Ymir and can hit a melee swing its often well worth it. Try have position so you can peel dmg of ure hunter, but if he is retard and you need to peel like 15 autos you are gonna loose lane no matter what. If you manage to get pressure hard try steal their purple, its good to ward in jungle so their jungler doesn't come and turn your winning lane, jungle buff steal into a dual kill for their team, wont happen on first or 2nd wave but later then that can ez happen. Junglers are really keen on ganking the duo so ward and make them waste their time going to your side of map. As Ymir you really shouldn't end up getting your purple stolen, you have good dmg etc. As Ymir I would fight hard not to get my purple stolen. I usually go 2-3-2 and skip wall for a bit later, I just wan't more dmg. I wish I could say more that has value but its kinda hard to describe in words how the pacing of the duo lane works.

I fooled around with warrior support as well, Chaac and Tyr mostly. Its fun but it is kinda hit or miss for me, I either pwn hard and snowball our lane really hard or I fall behind by a lot.

Also I'm far from a great conq player. I play like 10 ranked games every split now and a few casuals here and there. Managed to place in Gold 1 this split. Think I can get into middle or top plat if I grinded a bit. But yeah nowhere near top tier so my advice ain't the best you can get.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-30-2018 at 02:26 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Anyone more into Conquest mind sharing some of their input?

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    Anyone more into Conquest mind sharing some of their input?
    I'm not a Conq player, but if you're looking for info, I'd probably say to try and check out some of Dardez streams and Mouseports games. He frequently plays Ares/Ymir and well... Does it REALLY well.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I'm not a Conq player, but if you're looking for info, I'd probably say to try and check out some of Dardez streams and Mouseports games. He frequently plays Ares/Ymir and well... Does it REALLY well.
    I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks, oh mighty dragon loli.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    How do you build Fat Loki? I've tried a few different ways and it just seems like I don't do enough damage.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    How do you build Fat Loki? I've tried a few different ways and it just seems like I don't do enough damage.
    Pen Boots, Void Stone and Gem of Isolation are my core items on Cabroken.

Other 3 slots are a flavour of defence items. Such as Breastplate of Valor, Stone of Binding, Mantle of Discord, Midguardian Mail etc.

If you wanna be cheeky you can try and fit in a Spear of the Magus to make your Tremor really just crush enemies.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Bruiser Ares is junk in any mode, dies too often rarely doing well, have no clue why people keep going that route.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Bruiser Ares is junk in any mode, dies too often rarely doing well, have no clue why people keep going that route.
    I guess it depends on your definition of "Bruiser"

I know some people think that "Bruiser" builds are 100% damage built guardians (Which are 100% trash, all the time)

But actual "Bruiser" builds are ones that mix defence and damage. Which is ideal for gods like Ares, who ends up getting damage from defences thanks to his passive anyway...

Gem of Iso + Spear of Magus (Also Void Stone) is really nice on Ares and gives him plenty of damage as well as enhancing his lacklustre crowd control. Without taking too much away from his defences (Especially since his 2 just gives him and his team a bunch of prots anyway so he has more leeway with building less straight defences)
    Preferred Gods: