Thread: Communication - strategy

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380

Communication - strategy

Hello there,

I don't know if I am in the right category for my question but I think it fits to "Gameplay". Anyway, here it goes:
    I just finished a game in normal mode, conquest, in which I took care of the duo lane as Odin. Alone.
    When I asked my team for help because I had to face two enemy players in this lane, I got the answer, quote "No Help, you play as Odin support" quote end.
    What does that mean ?

I have to note at this point, that I am new to smite ( played for about 2 weeks now and played for the most time against bots in the AI-mode to learn the game ) and pretty new to the MOBA-thing as a whole ( just played a bit of Heroes of the Storm when it came out ).
    But from what I know, this game is all about teamplay where teammates should help each other.

Don't get me wrong, I am not angry or anything because of that answer I got ( In fact we won that match because the enemy team surrendered. Hooray ! ), I'm just curious what that answer is supposed to mean. Of course I asked for an explanation during that match but did not get any.

Can someone "translate" that for me ?

And sorry for my bad english.

Cheers!

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    It basically means your team were idiots.

Typically, Smite game is played with a standard spread of 2/1/1/1

Where in the leftmost or longest lane, the team's ADC and Support will lane (Hence it's oft referred to as the "Duo" lane), at least up until a point where the Support feels that the ADC can handle themselves alone and will rotate other lanes to help out.

In the middle lane, the team's Mage will lane.

In the rightmost or shortest lane, the team's "Tank" will lane. This is oft referred to as the "Solo" lane.

With the last spot being for the Jungler in the ...err... Jungle. They will usually rotate and decide which lane would be best helped by their "Gank" where they team up with the person in the lane and try and kill the opponent god.

There should not be a reasonable time where outside of some co-ordinated strategies (Usually from pre-made teams with voice coms) you have to go solo against a duo lane.

I can only hope you get better teammates in future games whom will actually help their support in laning, which you likely will (As you'll also go against better enemies who won't stay 2v1 unless they're heavily winning and pushing the lane to the Phoenix as splitting gold/experience between 2 people is not as good as letting a solo player get it)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Thank you very much for the quick and enlightening answer.

Just one thing: whats an ADC ?

Guide Senior Cupidhead MuffinMan17's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I actually think (with a base that your teammates were idiots) that they meant "you chose Odin support which is stupid because he's not a support so we're not helping you." That's what it sounds like, at least.

Odin is not the typical support, but he IS a viable support. Normal choice is a guardian for that role, but some guardians don't work as well (Cabrakan, Kuzenbo as examples). Some Warriors like Odin are viable situationally...Guan Yu, Amaterasu, Hercules. Some other gods are also viable...Hel, Nox, Ne Zha.

So yeah, I think they were just being dicks because they thought you chose poorly. Forget them.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Skonir View Post
    Just one thing: whats an ADC ?
    ADC stands for Attack Damage Carry.

Typically will be Hunters, but some Mages also use basic attacks well (Such as Chronos, Freya and to an extent Sol). In addition, some normal mages can also excel in the duo lane because of tremendous late game scaling (Such as Nu Wa, Vulcan or even Ao Kuang) though it's VERY rare for people to do that in random games and it's more of a pre-made team kind of decision.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Interessting. Very interessting.

Thank you both for sharing your knowledge and for the advice(s).
    However feel free to share more of your knowledge if you feel like it.

Have a good one !

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Skonir View Post
    I got the answer, quote "No Help, you play as Odin support" quote end.
    LMAO okay that person is just stupid or he was trolling. It surprises me how some players in Conquest never leave their lane like they were taught to stay here. That's the reason why they are lanes allowing you to move to help players when needed. I was in a game where the mage never left middle lane because and I quote, "I'm a mage, I'm supposed to stay here". Hopefully you will get better team mates next round.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It looks like they were probably triggered because you took a slightly off meta pick as support. I think its probably a good idea that you play traditional gods when playing your first conquest games. Experienced players may realize that an odin support can work in some cases, however beginner players with massive egos may be triggered because you didn't take a guardian. Better to avoid all that harassment and play a traditional god if you can.