Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Assault. Balance.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't understand how this is even a cause for discussion. I truly don't...

It's a competitive game, with competition in it's very core of design... To make a SINGULAR game-mode where they balance ONLY healers, yet can have thousands of permutations of unbalanced Assassin/Bruiser/ADC/Mage mix confounds me...

I understand that ARAM / Assault IS All-Random-All-Mid...

Again, my point being, they balanced Healers to one of each team... And the BEST games I've HAD where it was no bruiser or tank, Or even tank / bruiser. Mage VS adc..Etc...

I do know this opens up an entire new world of rage from other people... Not only the one's who play because RNG gives them either an easy win, or a fast loss... But This MOBA has been ground-breaking and defining since it's conception. Through a more realistic conquest map with health buffs to what we see today.

I'm not trying to argue or say that anyone is wrong when you play a "random" game... And there is Obviously some kind of control (hence healers)... Why can't this be done on a global scale? Make it a MOTD.. Check it out JUST to see how it fairs with people?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

It's a competitive game, with competition in it's very core of design... To make a SINGULAR game-mode where they balance ONLY healers, yet can have thousands of permutations of unbalanced Assassin/Bruiser/ADC/Mage mix confounds me...
    They balance healers, because they HAVE to, since the nature of the inability to back to base to regen means that having a healer gives you a HUGE advantage in that mode.

Everything else is balanced by being able to reroll or being able to build differently (I've seen plenty of games where an Assassin/Hunter/Mage have built auras and tanky to try and be a frontline in lieu of a Warrior/Guardian. They've also been able to win to boot)

The only "Unbalance" or "Unfairness" comes when people are morons and just build the same thing they always do on a particular god, the team composition or game mode be damned.

Heck, even healers aren't 100% insta-win, I've been able to win games where some dumbass rerolled the healer because they didn't like to play them, it just required a shift in builds and playstyle to accommodate how to not let the other team get the advantage (I've beaten Hel's for example by building a Warrior/Guardian selfishly without auras in order to be able to dive onto the Hel, even under tower, to keep them from healing their team)

At the end of the day, the mode is random. That's its appeal. That's its defining thing. It's why there will never be a "Competitive Assault" despite that suggestion appearing every so often. Learn to adapt your builds and figure out new ways of utilizing gods (For example, a 5 Hunter team... Did you ever notice how much support an Apollo can bring? ) and failing that... Well, you can always blame your loss on the blind randomness gifting the enemy a "Perfect Comp" (If I ever see that Ares/Odin/Zeus/Ah Puch/Cupid comp again I'm Alt + F4ing...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,990
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I understand that ARAM / Assault IS All-Random-All-Mid...

Again, my point being, they balanced Healers to one of each team... And the BEST games I've HAD where it was no bruiser or tank, Or even tank / bruiser. Mage VS adc..Etc...

I do know this opens up an entire new world of rage from other people... Not only the one's who play because RNG gives them either an easy win, or a fast loss... But This MOBA has been ground-breaking and defining since it's conception. Through a more realistic conquest map with health buffs to what we see today.

I'm not trying to argue or say that anyone is wrong when you play a "random" game... And there is Obviously some kind of control (hence healers)... Why can't this be done on a global scale? Make it a MOTD.. Check it out JUST to see how it fairs with people?
    Balancing Ass-salt entails changing what the mode is and stands for. It sucks and I hate it, but it has its crowd and the fuckuppedness is what draws them in. To try to balance it is folly because it cannot be done unless you want to remake the entire mode. Balance should be left to Conquest and any modes similar enough to it for balance to be factored in (which we don't have, but that's on HR). Assault doesn't fit into this dynamic at all, and that's how it has to stay.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts