Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assault. Balance.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Assault. Balance.

RNG. I get it. I'm on TOP of it, I PROMISE. We balanced Healers right? That wasn't that hard? (I say we meaning I'm a subject to whatever the hell you wanna do, no matter how much I bitch)..

So let's try a NEW thought.

RNG With Limits!

One match" 2 bruisers, 1 tank, 1 ADC.
    One match" 2 tanks, 2 ADC's, 1 mage...

Ya know, I could keep this up all day.... The mathematics are NOT difficult... But the BEST matches (and everyone on BOTH teams agree) are those that are EVEN... And though it's a bit rare, it doesn't at least warrant discussion... The game has been out what? 5 years? A LOT of people are decently veteran... Some are new and they are learning Beyond fast.. (much faster than I learned LOL OR this..) ...

MOTD! Random picks, Even Gods +2 THIS +1 This + 1 THIS+ 1 this. Call it Balanced RNG or whatever.

I think it might actually boost your player-base if it's more than 24 hours... People are sick of stomping on people with no fight, then getting stomped on with no chance. And to be frank, it never made a lick of fucking sense to me... People want to have fun, not be beaten up by RNG....

Is what is is and I've "last posted" a hundred times.... But Assault does give a VERY good insight to ALL gods as a teaching mode... If it was balanced and people had a chance to feel that, instead of leave and never play it again (ya know, even after they got to that level)...

Just fucking try it in a MOTD or some shit.... No picking the same gods thing...

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Give it up, dude. The point of assault is not be balanced. If you ask me, they could remove the "healer on both teams" setting too, make it actually fully random.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,050
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Assault was made with the idea to be rng if you dont like it then simply dont play it
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    If the mode sucks, why play it? It cannot be balanced, so it never will be balanced.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    If the mode sucks, why play it? It cannot be balanced, so it never will be balanced.
    What if being imbalanced....is what MAKES it balanced?

"I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 796
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    There is more to the RNG of assault then what you see at first glance.

I almost never ever roll my X Gods in assault anymore. And anything +lv V ish seems to be rare. If I get a really good team (amc, healer etc) then most of the time I get some of the Gods I'm like lv 1 with.

I only get my good Gods in some games and its usually with a bad assault comp and maybe also not that good players on my team, I expect to carry hard then with this God I'm good with in a bad comp. Its a fun challenge.

If I won a lot of assault games lately I get teams of 5 phys or 5 magicals. Yeah there was this game two weeks or so ago we all get 5 phys and we didn't even get a hunter. So just warriors and assassins. Everyone rerolls and its the same outlook though I think we got one hunter, yeah 5 rerolls and still 5 phys lol. Someone leaves the game and when I get into the next one we are 5 magicals, ppl start rerolling and we do get one phys in the end (Ho yi who frankly isn't the best at taking on the solo phys dps role but he played really well). The other team has 2 phys and 3 magicals. We did alright but they won in the end mainly to their advantage of their comp (and honestly a bit due to me not being the best fafnir) but we did have a chance.

Like a week ago I got into assault and got Artio (that I never play) and I'm like ok smite wants me to loose this one (cause I'm super bad at artio). I rerolled and got another God I'm really bad with. Someone leaves and the game is off. I queue again and this time same thing I get a God I barely played since the team comp is bad, like 3 tanks and no real carry I reroll and I get Discordia which is another God I barely play.

To me this is great the matchmaker and God selector keep my from my most played Gods and often directs me toward Gods I do not play a lot. So I get to practice them in a mode that is more casual then all the others.

Yeah some games cannot be won more or less. But I also have won many that people think would be an insta loss. Up there are games where I have gone tank as kali and Ao Kuan. I have played turtle to get to late as we have late game comp, just sitting under tower pretty much biding my time. I have played overly aggressive to stop their late game from coming online diving towers, phoenix and titan all game.

If assault was more deterministic it would be the same every game, standard cookie cutter setups / item choices. Way less interesting. I love the mind games of item choices. Like will they get sover if I am solo phys. Or some fenrir that builds urchin in an already tanky comp can totally throw of your plans for the game. Had I known they would get sover, bov, urchin I would have bought exec or qins but now here I am with my brawlers/bloodforge. Or if you are mage in a 4 magical comp it might be a good idea to get Obsidian first item if their frontline needs to be dealt with.

So yeah I really like how Assault is at the moment. Also for motd there is infinite assault, there you can pick whatever team you like.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-29-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Rocking the boat

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    What if being imbalanced....is what MAKES it balanced?

"And when every god's balanced, heh...no-one will be..."
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GunRunneR's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Why not simply make it o where each team is composed of role slots, and the gods in each role slot are the random components.

This way each team ends up with a guardian, hunter/adc, mage, warrior, and healer, just randomize the gods in each slot they get?

I have something like 4-5k assault matches, by far its the most fun game type for me personally, but his season something is off, and its really become kind of a turd.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    We balanced Healers right?
    Err... If you say so...

I mean, technically it's true, there is guaranteed 1 "Healer" on each team if there is one (Not accounting for that dumbass who rerolls it).

However, there's a pretty big discrepancy in how good the gods that are designated healers are at actually healing.

For example, Terra is considered a healer. But her healing was poor even before it got nerfed. Compared to something like a Ra or Aphrodite?

Heck, even Guan Yu is considered a healer and has for a while, even though he was pretty much a joke for sustain until his S5 changes that made him pretty nice for sustaining.

What about the fact that Cupid and Baron Samedi don't count as healers? (I mean, I'd rather have a Cupid over a Terra any day for Assault and the "Sit under tower and heal up" style of play a healer provides) meaning that these gods can be on a team with another healer or can be facing off against a team with 0 sustain options (That said, Baron is in combat healing since it only procs off hitting enemy gods)

Anyway, that rant aside:

Assault is all about RNG. Part of the fun is figuring out how to win with your 5x Assassin team or 4x Guardian + Hunter team or other such shenanigans.

In my opinion, it honestly just needs some cancer picks to be weighted less. Ares, Ah Puch, Zeus and Odin are all insane in the game mode that funnels everyone into a single lane that has no alternative routes (A smol jungle would be so welcome really, just to make it so that most assassins aren't instantly trash and to help alleviate tower camping...). I still remember that time I got 20 games in a row against Ares + Zeus... That was some next level BS...

Even games are what you can find in literally every other game mode (Teammates permitting... Do we really need Loki + Thanatoast + Susano all insta-locked on the same team? Apparently some people think so...). Imbalance is part of the fun, so long as it's reasonable. Terra vs Hel is not a comparable situation. Neither is an Odin + Zeus + Ares comp against... Well, anything really...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by GunRunneR View Post
    Why not simply make it o where each team is composed of role slots, and the gods in each role slot are the random components.

This way each team ends up with a guardian, hunter/adc, mage, warrior, and healer, just randomize the gods in each slot they get?

I have something like 4-5k assault matches, by far its the most fun game type for me personally, but his season something is off, and its really become kind of a turd.
    Cause then you remove the point of the mode.