Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: baron

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    That is without ults, admittedly for kukulkan that is someone sitting in it because the original poster was saying baron 2 shots them when kukulkan would only take 1/2 their hp if he used his 2 abilities and just sat in the tornado(so obviously a lie).

Still you aren't going to actually get 140% scaling on Baron's ult, it ends as soon as someone touches his coffin and it pulls people into his coffin.... Good luck finding a way to get max ticks (seriously you ulting a CC immune person or something?) So with what maybe 80% scaling on the ult? These same gods are getting a lot more scaling out of their own.

Junior Member Cupidhead Suncross's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I am going to join in to comment that Baron is really overpowered and unbalanced right now. He does too much damage and it's breaking the game for people. He should be fixed.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    I know she won't be out for awhile but Pele might be pretty good against Baron as well

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Renney's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hi-rez releases new broken god. Nerf next patch as soon as possible. REPEAT. How do people like these gain any profits, jesus christ

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Renney View Post
    Hi-rez releases new broken god. Nerf next patch as soon as possible. REPEAT. How do people like these gain any profits, jesus christ
    Because no one else makes that same mistake.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    His 3 doesn't count as hard cc at any point. It also hits people around the snake twice when at 30 hysteria, not once. This does about 980 damage with a full build. Just from his 3 in a aoe, that slows, and roots.

Bring a friend and test it yourself in jungle practice.

Junior Member Cupidhead PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Here's some maths from another post
    Well... the problem with that is that they're assuming "best case scenario" for some gods, and WORST case for Baron. Which isn't a really fair way to argue things.

For instance, for Zeus, that math assumes that Zeus manages to hit you with his shield AND get his 1 to chain back and forth between ONLY you and the shield 3 times. Which means you have to be completely alone, no minions, no jungle mobs, no other players. That's the ultimate "best case scenario". Zeus is, more realistically, only going to be getting about 154% scaling, not 254%.

They're also assuming Baron misses with half of his 1. Remember the second beam gets an additional 15% damage, so he goes from 916 + 170% to 955 + 185%.

For Isis, it's under the assumption that she both lands every pulse of her 1 AND lands her 2 at maximum possible range in order to get the most damage out of it.

There are also a bunch of mages that that person didn't mention, which is likely due to the fact that they simple don't compare to the others, and thus are far behind Baron as well.

Also, the argument of "just don't let him maintain stacks on you" isn't a valid counter, since your only way to NOT let him build stacks is to not go anywhere near him for upwards of 60-100 seconds at a time. And you realistically can't just back out of every fight he's participating in for that long. Stacks bleed off very slowly, and his 3 by itself ramps you up to 40, which gives him a lot of other bonuses on his abilities.

He's not "massively op", but his kit IS bloated, and stacks either need to build more slowly, or bleed off faster. His ult is also far too powerful in a 1v1 situation, which is going to be a lot of mid-lane fighting.

We'll see what they do with him. But arguing that "he's fine" seems a bit biased, given that his hysteria mechanic literally has no counters -- not even dying.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post

They're also assuming Baron misses with half of his 1. Remember the second beam gets an additional 15% damage, so he goes from 916 + 170% to 955 + 185%.
    I was under the assumption that beam only does 15% of the damage it would do if it hit once, like the way it works with Janus' Unstable Vortex, not a power increase. Thought this could be easily tested in jungle practice.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Yeah his math is off for the 2nd laser but it is true i didn't count that(however it is literally the only unfavorable thing in the math).... If the 2nd laser hits, 15% more damage on a 60% scaling move means an additional 9% scaling. Congrats it is basically 70% scaling now. 170% scaling jumps to 180% scaling. He has the base damage correct though.

The reason the comparisons are so favorable was to those gods was because the original poster was saying he could literally stand in all that damage(suchs as sitting inside a kukulkan tornado) and only lose 50% of his health but baron would use his 3+1 and 100-0 him with just those 2 abilities. So the math was done to show how very untrue that statement was, it just happens to also show a good comparison for actual damage to other mages.

Look especially at Agni, i did not treat him favorably at all as it only uses a single instance of touching his fire trail. Not sitting in it like kulkulkan tornadoes.

It might not seem like it looking at base damages, but scaling matters a lot more late game. To do make up for 300 base damage with 20% scaling you need 1500 power. 900 as a base, 50% bonus from red buff/power pot already jumps to 1350. You can add another i think 12% from nike passive(don't remember of it was 12% before or after the nerf). That would be another 108 power. Power buffs from bancrofts, book of thoth, and typhoon's ignore the power soft cap and are still boosted by % buffs from nike/red buff/power pot.

All things taken into account you can most definitely outdamage baron with agni(especially when you add ults into it)

Now i will say baron has good base damages so he will have a much better early game, but he does fall off.

I also wasn't being favorable to Ah Puch at all, i specifically didnt use more than 3 zombies for his corpse explosion and he has more base damage and scaling even if you count the 2nd laser. If you DO add another 3 zombies it goes up significantly.

If you dont count isis spirit ball at max range the damage drops but it is still higher than baron, and of course I'm going to count all 4 gusts.... I'm not saying baron is missing any abilities, why would i have Isis miss. That'd be like thoth only hitting 1 of his shots, that isn't how you compare god ability damages.

Anubis likely wont get all his ticks of damage, but he's still likely to surpass baron as he definitely doesn't need it all.

I wasn't using Nox best case scenario, but i did list it so people could see the possibility if she hits her dash through and enemy and into an ally. Even without that though she's pretty far above him(similar base damage but 70% more scaling when baron hits both lasers). And her passive gives a % power buff which will stack with red buff/power pot/nike(additive not multiplicative, that'd be OP). So that 70-80% more scaling really matters.

And you KNOW He Bo beats pretty much everyone in damage with his 3s water cannon cooldown. Even if you only use water cannon you'll still out damage everyone.

Sure not every mage deals more damage than baron, but the top damage mages deal more than him. That is why my argument is that his damage is average, because it is on par with the damage of an average mage. Perhaps slightly higher since he's immobile(though the other immobile mages deal more).

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    I do think his hysteria should deteriorate a tad faster, but so far i haven't had too much of an issue with it. If i simply kill baron most the stacks are gone before he gets back. Not all of them sure but enough so he isn't getting any benefits. Honestly it is really only problematic when your up against each other in the laning phase(not killing each other immediately), and that is specifically what it is designed for(gains advantage the longer they stay "in the party").

Also i don't pay enough attention to it so i can't say for sure but i could've sworn i had over 60 stacks before but i thought 60 was max(gives the damage bonus). It really shouldn't give more than max stacks as that just makes it harder to get rid of.

His ult is strong no doubt about that(mainly in the CC/confirmability department) but i had something weird happen to me yesterday where i was playing Chang'e and without using her dodge just her 1(was focusing on his team mate) i someone slipped around him instead of running into his coffin. It seemed to confuse him a bit as well as he didn't understand how I got behind him. Not sure if that's a viable way out for everyone but it wasn't like i used a leap or anything, so unless it was some kind of lag related bug slipping behind him might be your best bet of dodging his ult. Or just leaping away of course but we're assuming no leap as that's the easy way(and besides you already use that for his root).