Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: baron

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,917
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Magi's doesn't even work on his ultimate this is so fucking stupid.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Since he has no escape and a lot of conditional utility (and some nice utility if conditions are met) he is gonna be a hard God to balance. Safest way to nerf is probably to do broad but gentle sweep. Reduce hysteria stacking, increase its fall off rate, reduce hysteria bonus dmg, reduce heal amount, reduce dmg mitigate, maybe also look at some scalings. Yes he needs nerf but rather then one thing way down I think in this case maybe better to slightly reduce more variables in small steps until he sits right. This God will have a fine line in balance between not doing enough for the trade off of his weak points or just being to strong or worse ending up feeling clunky to play not being able to get enough hysteria off. That he would be OP on release was a given, will be interesting to see where he lands.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-28-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 718
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    He has normal damage for a mage with shit survivability. The ult is what's wrong with him.
    Still clueless and active, I see.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't post here much, but when I do, it's generally about "balancing RNG Assault"... I played the guy earlier and I'm certain Hi-Rez understands his "overpowered" status.

I can say this, Every New God is extremely over-powered... And I think this may be a test of going TOO over-powered to stop that "ah-puch" issue of the over nerfing.

As it is, it's very mathematic but it's also VERY skill oriented. So opinions are going to vary on each player's ability... be it on skill / god choice.

I ask that we be a bit patient... Though this (and Achilles) new iteration of gods is good... It Will take tweaking. And I don't mean to post this to start any drama or fights or any of that noise... We play the game they develop... I personally have for years... And I've not seen them let us down yet....

That is all.
    Last edited by Duke; 06-29-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    why is it every time a god comes out and is over powered there is a dedicated few proclaiming they aren't, in fact, over-powered, as if their life depends on convincing people. FFS. Brilliant.

Lets see what happens...I WONDER HMMMMMM.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by spekkio7 View Post
    why is it every time a god comes out and is over powered there is a dedicated few proclaiming they aren't, in fact, over-powered, as if their life depends on convincing people. FFS. Brilliant.

Lets see what happens...I WONDER HMMMMMM.
    Because people complain about every single god being OP.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,982
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    Still clueless and active, I see.
    >not contributing to the discussion by slinging insults instead of arguments while also ignoring both the math behind what I'm saying and the fact that Vivid Gaze is doing more damage than it says it does
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i have jkust been playing aupuch since baron came out. the ap 3 is hilarious when baron uses 2 and i keep him at bay with my combos and building cdr its hilarious

i do think 1 thing everyone has failed to mention. i dont think baron would be quite as bad if they made his 1 on a longer cdr. if you build full cdr on him hes almost like hebo with that 1. and a lil bit of damage nerf.

i do also agree his hysteria takes a while to start reducing, but i dont agree with ppkl saying it diminshes slow. its moves down pretty decent speed.

i do agree the amount of hysteria per skill needs to drastically be reduced its too ez to apply 30 and the get the xtra goodies

Junior Member Cupidhead PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    And that is just average mages, in comparison to the higher damage mages before he is max stacks of hysteria he does a good deal less damage. Late game comparison to other high damage mages, even at full hysteria he still does less damage because his scaling is pretty weak.
    When you say "his scaling is pretty weak", who are you comparing him to? He has 60/75%, 70% and 40% scaling on his 3 non-ult abilities, and up to 140% on his ult. That's the equivalent of most other mages when it comes to scaling. A few outliers have better, but overall? He's got roughly the same as everyone else, especially given he has 4 damaging abilities. Add his hysteria mechanic on top of that, and his scaling is better than almost every other mage. His closest comparison would be Anubis, who DOES have much higher scaling, but Anubis also has to self-root for two of his abilities, has only a single cc skillshot, and has no self-heal, speed buff, etc.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 06-29-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Here's some maths from another post

Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    First off, I'm having trouble finding these 2 hard crowd control abilities you are talking about. Only hard crowd control i see is his ultimate. It has 2 hard CC in it(pull and stun) but it is only 1 ability. A root is soft CC.

Baron using his full non ultimate kit has 916+170%

If you are surviving everything kukulkan throws at you with any god it is because you've been building defense, and a lot of it. If you sit inside those tornadoes it keeps refreshing the duration, without refreshing the tornado alone can take 50% of a god's health. Let's talk real numbers. 1+3 is 840+255% if you sit inside the tornado like you said, that is WAY MORE than Baron. If we add ults in, Kukulkan's does more damage, especially in terms of scaling.

You are ignoring Poseidon's AA buff, but fine. Whirlpool and Tidal surge only. 590+160% which is increased another overall 20% by his passive which is a self buff not a debuff on an opponent so it is always stacked for a total of 708+192% Not as high as baron typically(late game that 22% scaling could actually have him surpass Baron in damage) but certainly not bad and that is excluding his AA buff. Poseidon also has much better mobility.

Anubis 1+3 might be over time, but it is still 910+380%. It definitely doesn't take the full duration to surpass Baron's damage.

Nox 880+250% including her dash, if she dashes into an ally and pops out this increases to 1110+320% but that isn't exactly easy to accomplish.

Scylla only has 580+170% without her ult, but she is extremely safe and is shredding 25% of her target's magical protections.

Zeus doesn't need to use his shield, it is dependent on the situation. But lets assume it is 1v1 no minions so he needs his shield. 1125+254% without using any basics since you really aren't in a rush to detonate which would obviously increase damage.

Isis without ult, 805+265% and don't forget her silence also shreds 30% magical defense

He bo without ult, 570+155% but lets be real his water cannon has a 3 second cooldown. 290+80% a pop he is fine in the damage department.

It isn't very fair to judge Agni without his ult since nobody is expecting people to sit in his tick damage, but even if they only get tapped(not sit inside) they still take 610+190% including his passive. Of course if they do just sit in his fire trail or fumes those numbers go up a lot. Regardless he's always got an ult charge ready to add another 300+70%(that's just 1 charge)

Ah Puch without ult, I'm gonna say without any set up zombies(so only 3 on explosion instead of 6) is 965+200% and if they happened to have had a heal from an ability there is an additional 250+50% but usually that won't happen.

Baron can have an additional 25% damage if his passive is fully stacked on the opponent but odds are that means it isn't the first time throwing his kit at someone, it is like his 3rd or 4th and his opponents really shouldn't be letting him maintain such high stacks in the first place. But for arguments sake, if they are already fully stacked his damage jumps to 1145+212% which is admittedly high but very unlikely and still outclassed by some of these other gods.