Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: baron

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,917
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    It's both, hysteria takes too long to start decaying and when it does start, it takes too long to deplete. No matter if your hysteria was at 10 or 60, there is no sped up reduction at all.

What's actually interesting to think about is that Baron IS fundamentally broken and breaks the game; Hysteria in its current form has zero counters and no counter play other than running away and wasting time. CC Immunity doesn't stop it, Aegis doesn't stop it, Shell, Magis, Spirit Robe, etc doesn't stop it, healing doesn't remove or reduce it, shields don't cleanse it, hell even getting revived by Khepri doesn't remove it. The only option you have to lose Hysteria is to run away from Baron, that's broken as fuck.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,982
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    It's both, hysteria takes too long to start decaying and when it does start, it takes too long to deplete. No matter if your hysteria was at 10 or 60, there is no sped up reduction at all.

What's actually interesting to think about is that Baron IS fundamentally broken and breaks the game; Hysteria in its current form has zero counters and no counter play other than running away and wasting time. CC Immunity doesn't stop it, Aegis doesn't stop it, Shell, Magis, Spirit Robe, etc doesn't stop it, healing doesn't remove or reduce it, shields don't cleanse it, hell even getting revived by Khepri doesn't remove it. The only option you have to lose Hysteria is to run away from Baron, that's broken as fuck.
    TBH it's a god-exclusive mechanic, so I can understand the oversight, but you'd think SOMETHING would remove it. Like, you know, dying, which cleanses damn near everything else in the game. Hell, they could even make it a more interesting mechanic: if the god dies while at max hysteria, they have some debuff or something like that; or something can cleanse it and it has a certain effect.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post

Also the ultimate is flat out broken and needs nerfing ASAP before they can even start with nerfing Baron in other areas that need it. If you don't have a dash/leap/beads you're dead, its practically an inescapable execute vacuum. Couple in that it also stacks hysteria and he takes fucking half the normal damage from anything while using it for 3.5s and its absolutely not ok.
    I mean i survived his ultimate multiple times throughout a game with Cerberus and i only had 1 defensive item...(mantle of discord). I also shut him down with my breath and a gem of iso since he doesn't have an escape. Sure if he gets his heal off he gets a sprint, that just means don't let him get you with his spirits if you have over 30 hysteria. It was annoying how often he'd save himself from my ult by using his own ult though, but a large amount of gods can do that.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Cant wait for this broken god to be nerfed into oblivion
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Cant wait for this broken god to be nerfed into oblivion
    Watch him get buffed, i think he could take a small nerf but i don't want him to go to oblivion... He's like swagni, only as his default skin.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,917
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I mean i survived his ultimate multiple times throughout a game with Cerberus and i only had 1 defensive item...(mantle of discord). I also shut him down with my breath and a gem of iso since he doesn't have an escape. Sure if he gets his heal off he gets a sprint, that just means don't let him get you with his spirits if you have over 30 hysteria. It was annoying how often he'd save himself from my ult by using his own ult though, but a large amount of gods can do that.
    You keep saying don't let him get you when you have over 30 hysteria like it's an easy thing to do. Again, all Baron has to do is hit you with the 3 and you'll already be at 40/60 hysteria in one ability.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,982
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Except you had a leap. Cerberus is a direct counter to BS but counterpicks shouldn't be mandatory for beating a god, and if your team has even one dude without an escape, that guy is fresh meat for Baron Sansundertale.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Perplexual's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Just lower stacks on each power all should give 1 stack per hit so if you hit with both beams of 1 that person has 2 stacks. The snake dot should give 1 stack per tick damage. Ultimate 1 stack per damage. Just as his basic gives 1 stack. Maybe make the ultimate were he isn't cc so he can be punished.
    I state what i want to see. I could give two rats @ss what strangers on the net think. If i want your advice or opinion i'll ask or beat it out of you. I play to win.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Except you had a leap. Cerberus is a direct counter to BS but counterpicks shouldn't be mandatory for beating a god, and if your team has even one dude without an escape, that guy is fresh meat for Baron Sansundertale.
    Yes immobile gods are easy targets, but they are like that for most opponents.... Baron himself has very conditional mobility, and that's why immobile gods tend to need babysitting even before Baron came out

@Perplexual no man, just no. No CC immunity during a channeled ultimate? There is a reason every single channeled ult has CC immunity, and if every ability only gave 1 stack of hysteria they'd have to drastically reduce max stacks of hysteria.

Baron's 3 gives 40 stacks of hysteria but it isn't instant, and if he hits you with it just be ready to dodge his spirits to deny him his heal(usually he uses his lasers anyway which doesn't matter nearly as much).

The main thing i don't like about hysteria is 60 counts as max right so he gets his 25% damage buff, however i could have sworn I've had over 70 stacks before so unless I'm just mistaken he can over stack which of course is going to make it take forever for stacks to where off. If 60 is max, don't let stacks go over 60.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Baron Samedi will be nerfed in the next patch, or so HiRez says.