Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: baron

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter

baron

1st match on baron . 19-1-4, 62k damage in 20 minutes . what a broken pos. expected nothing less from crap rez

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    He isn't broken, people just need to get used to dealing with him. So many people just let him stack his hysteria up and they don't bother forcing it to reduce they'll just keep doing small trades which only helps him out. Keep the hysteria stacks down and he can't do much, let him build it up and he gets a big movement boost, heals, damage reduction on his opponents and an area slow/root.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,291
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    He isn't broken, people just need to get used to dealing with him. So many people just let him stack his hysteria up and they don't bother forcing it to reduce they'll just keep doing small trades which only helps him out. Keep the hysteria stacks down and he can't do much, let him build it up and he gets a big movement boost, heals, damage reduction on his opponents and an area slow/root.
    People don't let him stack hysteria for free, his hysteria is too easy to stack and takes way too long to deplete fully. There is no way to just let the hysteria deplete easily unless you just flat out die from him because his damage is completely overkill for how much bloated utility he has. By time time you let your hysteria drain he can easily halt it by zapping you with his 1 or just throw another 3 on you.

It takes 30 hysteria to get a plethora of added effects on his abilities, and his three stacks 40 onto someone by itself.

Also the ultimate is flat out broken and needs nerfing ASAP before they can even start with nerfing Baron in other areas that need it. If you don't have a dash/leap/beads you're dead, its practically an inescapable execute vacuum. Couple in that it also stacks hysteria and he takes fucking half the normal damage from anything while using it for 3.5s and its absolutely not ok.
    Last edited by Goobis; 06-27-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Goobis is right. This is not a "get use to him" issue. His damage is just way too high. I think he's going to be another ah puch at this rate. He's going to get buried in nerfs and then not be great. Hirez has no idea how to balance gods that don't have escapes.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,180
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by shaye15 View Post
    Goobis is right. This is not a "get use to him" issue. His damage is just way too high. I think he's going to be another ah puch at this rate. He's going to get buried in nerfs and then not be great. Hirez has no idea how to balance gods that don't have escapes.
    He has normal damage for a mage with shit survivability. The ult is what's wrong with him.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    He has normal damage for a mage with shit survivability. The ult is what's wrong with him.
    The damage is too high with the amount of bloat put into his kit.

Its Raijin all over again, except this time he actually has all the utility in addition to the damage.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    If they would remove the hysteria idea and bonus effects from it and keep his abilities and passive as they are without it I think he'd be close to balanced; but as it is it's way too easy to stack hysteria as he reaches bonus effects after 1 or 2 moves, the bonus effects he gets from it are too strong considering his moves are already good without it, and it takes way too long for the hysteria to wear off to the point that you can't just wait it out (I've had it last for over 60 seconds). He would be a solid character even without the bonus effects and damage from hysteria, but with them he's just OP and bloated.
    Last edited by Chiagirl; 06-27-2018 at 10:33 PM.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. I usually play nights CST time; message me if you think I'd be a good fit. No trash talkers please.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    The damage is too high with the amount of bloat put into his kit.

Its Raijin all over again, except this time he actually has all the utility in addition to the damage.
    He also has piss-poor survivability. He has to drop his whole kit into you just for a slow/root or a speed buff. It's not like he has anything to save himself outside of a heal and just killing the enemy first.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    He also has piss-poor survivability. He has to drop his whole kit into you just for a slow/root or a speed buff. It's not like he has anything to save himself outside of a heal and just killing the enemy first.
    Power Reduction, Attack Speed Reduction, 3.5s of CC Immunity/50% Damage Mitigation, Heal based on % of missing health + additional scaling, Slow cleanse/immunity.

Also the fact that his hysteria takes longer to deplete than any other debuff in the whole game. Makes front-lining against him incredibly annoying and he halts structure sieging way too well because again, hysteria has no counter and takes way too long to diminish.
    Last edited by Goobis; 06-27-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Power Reduction, Attack Speed Reduction, 3.5s of CC Immunity/50% Damage Mitigation, Heal based on % of missing health + additional scaling, Slow cleanse/immunity.
    And through all that, he still has crap mobility and peel. Lock him down once and it'll be harder for him to recover than most gods; his strengths are just what put him above Ah Puch, save for the Hysteria decay being slow as shit and LotP being...well, LotP.

Also the fact that his hysteria takes longer to deplete than any other debuff in the whole game.
    Does it take a long time to decay, or does the decay take too long to kick in? It feels way too slow to leave but I'm not sure what's contributing to that.

Muh Concepts