Thread: My Account Ban

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359

Thumbs up My Account Ban

I have been suspended for a considerable extent of time now from the game. The first time I saw the ban I was not completely shocked but disappointed in the SMITE administrators and those who work in the department itself. The reason as to why I am finally creating a support ticket is because before, I believed that the administrative department is corrupt and wouldn't support its friendly players who are innocent in some sense. However, I still believe the same however, I'd rather attempt to wake the department or at least explain what happened. Including this I would like the administrators to take a proper and in-depth look at the ban and see if it was 'fair' and 'just' which I doubt that it is fair and just.

When I tried to log in it said I was banned and at that moment, I had a idea of how I possibly could have received this silly suspension from the game. I thought back to one of the Ranked Conquest games that I was playing where I was constantly having rude, toxic,aggressive and threatening comments said to me. Threats from a user that claimed he would 'get me banned' and he will do everything in his power to do so. It was so clear that the user was extremely toxic, enraged and had his way all the time as he knows that spamming the support systems you give would to the players would get your attention and the department would not look into the game with perception but punish the user who has been reported.

He claimed that he will use twitter and the support ticket system to ensure that I am banned for not doing as good as he wants me to do in the match. (See how silly this gets?) In the match I was trying to keep my cool and prevent myself from getting annoyed at the user or even saying something that I will regret later on. Instead, I decided to take multiple screenshots through the steam system so that I could at least defend myself after he reports me and so that I could make the administration department aware of this user and his behaviour.

The user is very toxic and I am surprised that the administration department even bothered with the user's support ticket and tweet that he sent and even to my surprise the department believed him?! This highlights the type of players that are within the SMITE community itself and how much power the user has. At that moment I was completely annoyed with the administration department for suspending me.

I expected so much from the administration department. I expected that they would look into the match and see the amount of toxicity that was being said from this user and the amount of spamming he was doing in the game resulting in everyone being tilted and unfocused on the game. I expected that the administration system would take action against the user for being so toxic to other players constantly throughout the duration of the match. I expected that they would see the amount of audacity that the user has to report me when he was toxic and made it so HARD to play the game not only for me but for everyone else who had to hear his insults and hubris.

Of course, the department could easily switch the blame onto its users and state that the system has an indented mute system. However, this is really silly and childish it is really hard to decide to mute a user when you're playing a ranked game because it could easily result in you getting ganked, dying and misplacement in the match. Also muting users in a ranked game will also result in other issues and rage with other players which really makes the muting system pointless in ranked games!

I got the email saying that I was suspended for "match griefing" and of course to me this was absurd as I was not match griefing but instead I was losing my lane as many other players in this game do. You should not be punished for not playing at the standards that are expected from you by other players! Including the fact that I was being attacked by own team mate verbally making the game even harder and challenging to play. I intended to send a support ticket to explain to the department that this is unjustly however, I lost all my screenshots that I took in the match, making it impossible to defend myself as the department doesn't look into what occurs in the game. The cause of me losing my screenshots was because I was new to using steam to launch and play smite as before I used to play SMITE using the application itself. Steam ended up crashing as I spam clicked it when it was not responding as I took almost 50 screenshots thus giving me no chance to save the screenshots.

I understand that I have been suspended but the issue here is me being unjustly suspended. I am completely sure that the administrative department did not completely look into the match nor the match chat or what was going on inside the match! The department takes a large amount of time to reply to its players however, they don't spend any time properly checking reports nor what the user has to say other than if it is a complaint or an opinion/idea. This is completely sad and has to change or else SMITE will continue to lose its most valuable and loyal players. This can be seen here: https://steamcharts.com/app/386360

The reason for my email is mainly for the administrative department to check the report from the user that has lead to this unjust ban and to check the users actions from the match and after the match to see if he is still causing players to be banned unjustly. I am also emailing for my suspension to be removed as after you have seen the match and the report that the toxic user has sent, it should be clear that this is unjust and I should be unsuspended. Lastly, I am also emailing so that the department understands its mistakes and hopes to look forward and change in its ways. I hope that this report is taken into GREAT consideration and understanding so that the administrative department can improve in its ways and how it takes actions against its players. All players would enjoy playing a game that has a fair justice system and, a great game needs a great and FAIR justice system for the players to turn to when there are issues such as these... I have a lot of passion for this game and would hate to have to see myself suspended from the game for this long. I hope that the administrative system check the report made by the user and come to a correct decision of unsuspending me.

Best Regards,

Ayman2577

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    "Match griefing" doesn't mean only losing a lane.

It's one of 3 or a combination of following:

- harassment,
    - being AFK/DC a lot or acting like "f6 or I afk" and actually being afk after that point,
    - going a super ultra mad move and feeding on purpose.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Proves my point. This ban was unjust. I know that I didn't conduct any of this behaviour other than telling the user to shut up and that I'm taking screenshots and it evident in the chat and if you deem that harassment then what the user was doing is way above and beyond just "harassment"...

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Philipp1500's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    They wont answer your tickets about a ban, i had 2 bans in a short time a while ago and it ended up the same.

The only thing i can tell you is, after your unban to actually work on your behaviour. I tought the exact same thing about my bans, even still do a bit on my second, but there is usually somewhere a reason to get a ban.

Since my second ban i improved greatly on my behaviour and do fine soo far. If you are already heated up or have problems with being nice and positive like i do, then dont say anything at all, it ends up being bad.

Pro tip: Ignore people looking for arguments, let them talk and report them afterwards. If they get too much onto your nerves then mute them. It is just 1 match after all, and you will get out of it soon enough and dont have to deal with that toxic people. No stress for you and no risk of getting yourself into trouble. After all the winner isnt the one that wins the conversation, its the one that get the other one banned if they are toxic. I learned it the hard way.

Remember that as soon as you get on the level of toxic players, you end up being toxic yourself.

How long is the ban btw. ?
    Last edited by Philipp1500; 06-28-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead xEMotionx's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    btw: why the double-post, Ayman2577?
    η β π
    ~
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Its against Forums CoC Discussing Disciplinary Actions if you wish to discuss it then do it through Support Ticket

Closing
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*