Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Please Nerf Baron Samedi

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I think BS' damage is just slightly too much, but there are already patch notes saying there is a bug or 2 w/ his damage abilities (gg Hi-Rez for testing properly). So his damage will come down some. My issue w/ him, is, there's no counter to his CC really... Winged blade doesn't work (or at least it didn't when I tried building it against baron). His 3's duration is too long, and the stun is too long. Also, beads don't work against his ult, which is....... Really dumb. I feel like they need to make his 3's hit box smaller. It's way too easy to land for what it does, and it needs a cooldown increase. The ult, I don't really have a problem with as long as beads works for it. I get mages are supposed to do a lot of damage, and that's fine and dandy. But, like a LOT of other mages that are just faceroll and you kill everyone, BS shouldn't be able to CC like he can for the amount of damage he puts out. Just my 2 cents

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Well his 3s CC is also bugged and being fixed(rooting root immune gods). Clearly the game is treating his CC as something other than a slow/root so it's being fixed. Winged blade and slow immunity from arachne, sprint, other baron heal etc should stop the slow portion of his CC.

That isn't a balance issue though, its a bug issue

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Licton View Post
    [Mod Removed]
    How about you stop spewing lies and bullshit for once? Then we can talk about how you might be able to salvage what little credibility you had in the first place.
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 07-13-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Licton View Post
    [Mod Removed]
    First of all, Baron doesn't have any innate def reduction or penetration in his kit (Anubis does), so if you are a tank and die super fast, you're doing something wrong. Secondly, if beads won't save you against Barons ult, you're doing something wrong. Thirdly, he is not immune to damage during his ult.
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 07-13-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Rip & Tear

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    I actually agree with OP completely...this god more than any other has literally been game ruining. I primarily play Joust and he seems to be especially strong. I'm just a casual player, and I'm admittedly not very good, but it's still easy to see how much of an impact he has on games. Playing against him as almost any Guardian I have just suffered. Explosive single target damage and CC coupled with his OP ultimate that works as both an offensive and defensive ability makes him tough to stand against. The first night I played against him before the first round of nerfs I just logged off. Not even mad the game just felt broken.

And why do people on here always say gods are "just fine" when they are clearly OP? Is it some feeble attempt to sway Hi-Rez's conclusion? Do you enjoy being proven wrong time after time when Hi-Rez continues to nerf said gods? People are always going to come and vent out of frustration, and most of the time rightfully so.
    Last edited by spekkio7; 07-16-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Wait, so your point is that he shouldn't do high damage...as a mage? Which is one of the classes dedicated first and foremost to damage? I can't say too much about him because I haven't taken a crack at him yet, but it's not like he's super safe like Thoth, either.
    Why are you so bent on defending Baron?

It's stupid to say that just because he is a mage he should be doing high damage, and I see you repeating that in every BS thread. Maybe his damage nerfs are a hint...Anyway, damage depends on a lot of things. Not all mages do equal damage for obvious reasons (DUH). You have to factor risk/reward, utility, support, etc. Baron's damage isn't justified considering his strong CC, healing, ultimate, range, continuous ability to deal damage, etc. and it appears Hi-Rez agrees. In their own words "he is still outperforming most other characters especially in damage. In this patch we are focused on reducing his overall damage to really let his utility be the star of his kit."

If you know you're right and they're wrong I suggest telling them and see how they feel. Hey, maybe you'll get hired. Coming to every one of these threads and telling people they are wrong simply because he is a mage, though, is a huge waste of your time and proves nothing and even though their criticism may not be constructive they are at least probably mostly right, where as you are wrong.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by spekkio7 View Post
    I'm not. I'm emphasizing that damage isn't where the problem lies and that it's useless to complain about something that isn't really important.

It's stupid to say that just because he is a mage he should be doing high damage, and I see you repeating that in every BS thread. Maybe his damage nerfs are a hint...Anyway, damage depends on a lot of things. Not all mages do equal damage for obvious reasons (DUH). You have to factor risk/reward, utility, support, etc. Baron's damage isn't justified considering his strong CC, healing, ultimate, range, continuous ability to deal damage, etc. and it appears Hi-Rez agrees. In their own words "he is still outperforming most other characters especially in damage. In this patch we are focused on reducing his overall damage to really let his utility be the star of his kit."

If you know you're right and they're wrong I suggest telling them and see how they feel. Hey, maybe you'll get hired. Coming to every one of these threads and telling people they are wrong simply because he is a mage, though, is a huge waste of your time and proves nothing and even though their criticism may not be constructive they are at least probably mostly right, where as you are wrong.
    >implying HR only makes good balance changes that need to be made
    >implying Baron has a lot of utility when he's almost totally immobile
    >implying his range or damage are even noteworthy for a mage in the first place
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by spekkio7 View Post

It's stupid to say that just because he is a mage he should be doing high damage, and I see you repeating that in every BS thread.
    That's what mages do tho? If they're not a healer, they do damage and/or cc.
    <<<<< mage main

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    >implying Baron has a lot of utility when he's almost totally immobile
    What's mobility got to do with utility?

Baron's utility is his heal (That can be Heavenly Wings), his Ramp-to-Bullshit and his displace + stun on his ult.

It's worth noting that the presence of an AoE heal also allows him to get utility from Lotus Crown.

Which is a lot of utility compared to say, Zeus whom has a slow on his one and... That's it.

All this said, honestly Barons base kit is fine.

His 3 is annoying af especially seeing as how Hi-Rez seem to intentionally want to make it slow through slow immunity.

But his 2 is easily avoided unless he lands his 3 and his 3 isn't the hardest thing to juke anyway. His 1 is standard Mage affair really I don't think I've ever actually noticed the debuff either.

As far as the damage goes on his kit too, his full combo will deal:

Wrap It Up - 336 + 40% (That's garbage scaling for a Mage, but it's hard CC and can become AoE so eh...)

Consign Spirits - 290 + 70%

Vivid Gaze - 280 + 70% + 42 + 10.5%

Total of 906 + 190.5%

That's a tasty bit of damage. Especially with max Hysteria's 20% boost.

Lets compare to some other mages combos

Nox - 650 + 180% (Also, silence + root + cripple)
    Scylla - 580 + 170% (Also, root + cripple. Also, Crush ignores 25% prots. Also, Scylla gets a free 100 power from her passive)
    Thoth - 810 + 155% (Also, stun. Also, huge range and goes through walls)
    Raijin - 615 + 185% (Also, slow)
    Ah Puch - 1135 + 235% (Also, slow)

So yeah, Baron's in the upper echelons of mage damage with his combo, but that's the price of his lack of mobility.

Where Baron becomes overtuned, is in his ult and its lack of counterplay, along with it just doing so much (A whole bunch of damage and a whole bunch of CC while stacking his passive like mad to give him extra damaging super boosted skills...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    You forgot Nox's dash in your calculations. It actually has a lot of damage on it, which if you've an ally helping you get the double dash damage sets her pretty far above.