Thread: New God idea : The Fates, Godesses of Destiny (Greek pantheon)

Junior Member Cupidhead SirPapouille's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points

New God idea : The Fates, Godesses of Destiny (Greek pantheon)

Here I am, starting to play Smite again after 2 years, and last night (after an evening full of Conquest), trying to get to sleep, I think about this god concept.

You might know The Fates from watching Disney's Hercules or from playing God of War II. They are Clotho, Lakhesis and Atropos - also known as the Spinner (of the weaves of fate), the Allotter (giver of sentences) and the Unturnable/Unavoidable (giver of death). Personnally, I just love this lore.

Here's my concept idea. Each skills from 1 to 3 make you shift to one of three forms. Hitting the number key of the form you're in allows you to use a skill. Both the shapeshifts and the skills have cooldowns.

Using the depiction of the Fates from Disney's Hercules, in which they all have empty eye sockets and pass around one single eye, I came up with "eye ability" skills. Also, I'm thinking this god as a tanky-utility mage like Hades and Cerberus, but I think it could also handle the mid lane well.

Passive ability : Each of the Fates' forms give them different stacking buffs.

Clotho : every hit she takes from enemy gods gives her a stack of 5 protections that lasts for 3s; each new hit refreshes the duration; upon reaching 5 stacks, she gains a shield equal to 5% of her missing health, which lasts 10s. This effect has a 30s cooldown.

Lakhesis : every basic attack she lands on the god linked to her (see ability #2) gives her a stack of 5 magical power, that lasts for 3s; each new hit refreshes the duration; upon reaching 5 stacks, her basic attacks gain a buff that makes them pierce targets and terrain obstacles, which lasts 5s but can be refreshed by hitting the linked god again.

Atropos : every basic attack she lands on an enemy god gives her a stack of 5% attack speed and 3% movement speed, that lasts for 3s; upon reaching 5 stacks, she gains Haste for 1s, refreshed each time she hits an enemy god until it wears off - which also makes all stacks disappear.

FORM / ABILITY #1. Clotho (the fat Fate)

Basic attack : like Sylvanus, she lobs an eyeball on a target ground location that deals a narrow AoE damage.

Ability : Eye Lob. Clotho throws a huge eyeball in the air that explodes upon hitting the ground and releases a gooey, splashing shockwave. Enemies in the radius are damaged, enemy gods are knocked back, Clotho gets pushed in the direction she's travelling, and enemies in the dead center are slowed. (Can be used defensively AND offensively.)

FORM / ABILITY #2. Lakhesis (the bulky Fate)

Basic attack : a projectile attack that fires a small AoE eyeball on the 3rd sequential attack.

Ability : Eye Link. Similar to Aphrodite's link with an ally, this link puts an enemy god in an eye bubble linked to the Fate. The linked god takes a percentage of the damage they inflict on frendly gods, plus magical damage based on Lakhesis magical power. The link breaks if the target gets far enough, or if the Fate switches form, but it Disarms them for 2s if they use a Movement ability to break the link. (Basically, if the enemy god deals physical damage, he takes reflected physical damage. This would make things interesting in the solo lane : the opposing god wouldn't simply have to build magical defense against Lakhesis, because his own damage type would hurt him too. This ability would also be very useful in team fights, making hunters, assassins and mages want to break the link before nuking the Fate's team.)

FORM / ABILITY #3. Atropos (the tiny Fate)

Basic attack : a single target projectile attack.

Ability : Eye Reveal. Atropos shoots an eerie eye that deals linear, narrow AoE damage, damaging all enemies in its path and exploding in a small circular radius. Enemies hit by the radius explosion have their position revealed on the mini-map for some duration. (This would be great to punish the jungler that gank her, or to pursue a fleeing enemy.)

ABILITY #4. Ultimate ability : Cut The Thread.

Clotho, Lakhesis and Atropos are stacked one on the other. Clotho, at the bottom, starts spinning the weaving loom; Lakhesis, in the middle, shoots threads at the enemies; and Atropos, on top, cuts the threads. After the ability, the Fates revert to the last form used before the activation of the skill.

This ultimate requires three activations by hitting the #4 key.

Upon initial activation, an AoE starts to grow around the Fates (and moves with them) that reduces the protections of enemy gods in the radius; upon second activation, threads are shot from the Fates to each god in the AoE radius, and start to glow more intensively with each tick of 0.5s (each stage deals increasing damage); the third activation apply the damage to each god still linked to their thread.

Aegis prevents the damage IF the thread is cut while it is active. Leaving the AoE radius during the first stage does nothing, but during the second stage it breaks the thread and applies half of the damage it would do if the thread was cut at that point. Also, using a Movement ability to break the link deals 10x times that ability's mana cost as magical damage. (Ok, this one might be a little too much on top of the rest, but I like the idea of punishing agile gods for escaping such an ultimate that takes a few seconds to set up ^^)

That's it. I'd love to have constructive comments about this god idea. (No need to hate, I won't even care.) I just wish the developers could read this eventually ^^
    Last edited by SirPapouille; 06-26-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I've been wanting fates implemented for a long time.
    4.1 would be good but either lower the % max health or make it current health, then it would be a good initiator eg current health and a slow.

Achievements:
    Here, I edited the passives, some of the skills, and the whole ultimate... tell me what you think

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    This would be better directed to the concept forum. And I'd clean up the presentation a bit.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Achievements:
    Thanks for the tip, I tried looking for such a section but didn't see it. But what do you mean, clean up the presentation?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPapouille View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I tried looking for such a section but didn't see it. But what do you mean, clean up the presentation?
    I believe making it so that it's easier on the eye. Make distinct separations from the abilities names, description, visuals, and stats. Add color perhaps? I don't want to sound cocky, but I put in tons of effort into each of my formats that I make (Insert shameless self plug for my God Ideas) But joking aside, feel free to check out my God Idea's, I have a hub post down below yours a bit, if you want to see. My latest one I made was http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?179052-God-Idea-Jormangand-the-Serpent-of-Midgard. Also GameVeteranAzure has very neat looking formats people can use as well, but I recommend making your own to stand out more. I usually spend 5-9 days on the writing and format myself, but that's just because I'm a perfectionist.

As for my thoughts on your god, I don't see much wrong with it. I don't think I would personally play them, myself, but not because it's bad. It's rather unique, just not my style. Your abilities seem fairly interesting, but you don't have stats or effects listed, so give that a go, if you feel up to the task
    Last edited by AustSiannodel; 06-26-2018 at 11:03 PM. Reason: dramatic effect

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    I love the Fates, although I have my own ideas about them. I won't hijack your topic, however.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    The main issue here is that you are in essence controlling 3 different beings as one character. While the idea is interesting, I'm not sure how well it could be implemented.

The first three abilities are all "stance changes". And that Is unheard of. Normally a "stance" change God has their on their Ultimate. And the Ultimate seem rather mish mashed with the rest of their kit...not really fitting in.

This is my opinion as it stands;

Your best bet here would be to scrap this idea and start fresh...making it that the Ultimate is the stance change, with 3 abilities that have slightly different (but not overpowered) effects depending on which of The Fates is out. (this could be worked into the passive to minimize the need for extra text in the abilities)

And again, I'm not even sure if this could be implemented given the complexity of the "God" idea.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack