Thread: God Idea: Jormangand, the Serpent of Midgard

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!

God Idea: Jormangand, the Serpent of Midgard

I'd like to introduce me seventh God Idea post. I had a lot of fun coming up with this one, but had SO MUCH trouble working out how the kit would work, and balancing it. If someone can help me balance it a bit more, I would appreciate it. Any form of feedback is welcomed. Even to say you enjoy it, or don't like the concept. And If you like this one, please check out my other ones. Thank you

The idea of this build is an aggressive support. He can go solo lane, or duo with an ADC. His damage is a bit high, but I cross compared it to other guardians as best I could. He aims to build Health, and pen, placing enemies in unfavorable positions with his powerful knockback, or his slow.

The monster child of the Trickster god, Loki, Jormangand was a serpent born in this world, a Jotunn foretold to grow larger then world, to engulf and encompass it. Tossed into the ocean's that encircle Midgard to keep him hidden away, Jormangand began to grow. He grew around the world slow, eating, sleeping, until one day he bit his own tail and fell asleep. His breathing causes the tides, his movements the oceans, and when he rises from the sea, all will weep in fear and despair, for he will begin to consume the world as Ragnarok begins

Said to be mortal enemies with Thor, god of Thunder, Jormangand is destined to die in battle to him during Ragnarok, but 9 steps later, Thor would succumb to the God Slaying Poison and die. Having met him in two encounters before, once where the embodiment of himself was turned to a cat so that Thor may attempt to lift. Even with the mightiest strength in the Nine Worlds, He was only able to lift the front paws of this cat. And again on a fishing trip, when Thor almost pull Jormangand from his sleeping depths, Hymir in a panic cuts the line in fear of bringing Ragnarok upon himself.

But now the World Serpent sleeps no more. He wakes and he must feed! He sets his sights on the gods in battle, here, in the Battlefield of the Gods!

Title: Serpent of Midgard
    Pantheon: Norse
    Type: Melee, Magical
    Class: Guardian
    Pros: High Health, Medium Area damage
    Difficulty: ???
    Stats
    Health: 490 (+110)
    Mana: 200 (+32)
    Speed: 365 (+0)
    Range: 15* (+0)
    Attack/Sec: 0.85 (+1.2%)
    Basic Attack
    Damage: 38 (+ 1.55) + 20% of Magical Power
    Progression: None
    Protection
    Physical: 23 (+3.3)
    Magical: 30 (+0.9)
    Regen
    HP5: 8 (+0.9)
    MP5: 4.5 (+0.4)

*Jormangand's Basic Attack Range increases with his passive

PASSIVE: Consume the World
    Whenever Jormangand kills an enemy god, he grows in size, gaining increased Base Health, and attack range. Jormangand cannot increase more then 10 times.

Base Character Size: +15% model size per Size increase
    Increased Base Health: +100 Health per Size increase
    Increased Attack Range: +1 Range per Size increase

1: Poison Spray
    In an expanding line in front himself, Jormangand slowly spews out venom in five bursts, knocking back enemies and dealing damage. The area covered in poison slows and applies Putrefy.

Damage: 16/25/34/42/51 (+50% of your magical power) per shot
    Slow: 25%

Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 Mana

2: Tail Tides
    Rearing his tail from the hidden depths to target location, Jormangand sends a wave in the direction he is moving, dealing a bit of damage on target location knocking up enemies in the circle, and sending a wave knocking back enemies in that direction.This can move in one of 8 directions based on Jormangand’s current facing. The wave gets wider the larger Jormangand becomes.

Damage: 100/140/180/220/260 (+30% of your magical power)

Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 Seconds
    Mana Cost: t: 60/65/70/75/80 Mana

3: Venom Strikes
    Coating his teeth with toxin, Jormangand empowers his next basic attacks for the next 5 seconds with Putrify, and to attack in a cone. If he kills any minions or jungle camps with this ability, he consumes them healing small amounts of health.

Heal: 50/90/130/170/210 (+20% of your Magical power)

Cooldown: 15 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 Mana

ULTIMATE: God Slaying Poison
    PASSIVE: Jormangand's abilities can apply Putrefy. A target affected by Putrefy takes damage over the next 1 seconds, every .5 second. Putrefy does not stack, but refreshes.

ACTIVE: Jormangand rears back, revealing rows of sharp, poison riddled teeth. He then dashes in a short line damaging every enemy hit, stopping at the first enemy god hit, dealing damage on hit and applying Putrify. The damage is split into three bites, the third of which Jormangand tosses out the enemy god to target location, slowed for 3 seconds. If any of the bites would kill the target instead, they are tossed in the air before Jormangand consumes them.

Putrefy Damage: .5%/1%/1.5%/2%/2.5% Of Jormangand's Max Health

Dash (minion) Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 (+20% of your magical power)
    Dash Range: 40 Units
    Bite Damage: 240/300/360/420/480 (+60% of your magical power)

Cooldown: 100/95/90/85/80 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 Mana
    Last edited by AustSiannodel; 06-27-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Feedback

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Let's take a look;

Passive:
    A) The size increase of the model would need to be done very carefully. He would more than likely need to start off smaller than Scylla to allot for that kind of jump. That is a 150% model size increase with all stacks. I've seen some games where increasing the model size of something even by 20% made a glitch where the model started folding in on itself as it moved around the map.

B) 1,500 health with full stacks might be a tad much. With a full tank/health build you'd be borderline Guardian before the Tank Item Update. The reason Hi-Rez tweaked so many items during that time period was because, given the right build Guardians were nigh on unkillable, running around with 4-5K health pools and 150+ MR/Armor. (Especially given the effect of Putrefy).

C) The attack range is the only thing I don't see being too problematic, since the amount isn't that much at full stacks. So this part is fine.

1: Numbers look fine.

2: I would recommend switching the knock back on this to a knock up. Numbers seem fine to me.

3: Numbers are fine.

4: Dash range seems to be missing. Otherwise looks good to me.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    Let's take a look;

Passive:
    A) The size increase of the model would need to be done very carefully. He would more than likely need to start off smaller than Scylla to allot for that kind of jump. That is a 150% model size increase with all stacks. I've seen some games where increasing the model size of something even by 20% made a glitch where the model started folding in on itself as it moved around the map.

B) 1,500 health with full stacks might be a tad much. With a full tank/health build you'd be borderline Guardian before the Tank Item Update. The reason Hi-Rez tweaked so many items during that time period was because, given the right build Guardians were nigh on unkillable, running around with 4-5K health pools and 150+ MR/Armor. (Especially given the effect of Putrefy).

C) The attack range is the only thing I don't see being too problematic, since the amount isn't that much at full stacks. So this part is fine.

1: Numbers look fine.

2: I would recommend switching the knock back on this to a knock up. Numbers seem fine to me.

3: Numbers are fine.

4: Dash range seems to be missing. Otherwise looks good to me.
    P: I was careful to do measurements with the model itself and at the end, with him being around Odin's size, he ends up being a bit fatter then Cerb, which is exactly what I was going, for. I wanted his model to be the largest in game if you succeed in getting all the stacks on it. As for the Health increase (to no one's surprise) is based off Cho'gath. And I took the average health pools of all the tanks from league and based them off the average Health pools of gods in Smite. doing the math (which was super hard, but super fun!) the Health increase Jormangand recieves would be less then what Cho'gath gets, so i was figuring that it would be fine. His whole deal is Having super high Health because he is meant to take damage, be aggressive. But if you really think the Health per Size is too much, I could tone it down. I figured the requirement to kill the target with your ult would be enough (seeing as you can be killed before you get the size stack.

2: I could add the knock up to the impact area where the wave starts, but the point is the wave pushes enemies along to displace them.

U: You mean the dash distance?

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    the problem though is league functions drastically different from smite.

displacing minions would be fine, but I honestly think having a knock up at the end of his 2 would make a bit more sense given how it seems to work

technically it is the same thing. but yes, you simply state "a short distance" originally. that would be at best 40 (the range you put in).
    Last edited by GameVeteranAzure; 06-27-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    No no, I get that, what I meant was I scaled every thing down to Smites level. I have done that before with a few abilities for my other god ideas, by bringing in the CDR, or effect, etc. so things would be far more balanced for Smite's level. I already brought the total health possible from 1500 > 1000, and I'm not comfortable dropping it more without cutting it completely. As I said, LoL has WAY higher values then Smite (as with Cho'Gath, getting something like 25,000 Health is possible!) I'm only giving Jormangand less then half his total Base Health (~2,500 Health) + Passive = (~3500)

Also, bringing his size into the factor again, if you think, I could reduce the size increase from +150% to 100%, but as I said, I pny intended him to be a little bigger then Cerb, for he's supposed to be the biggest in the game at max.

No no no, The wasy his 2 works is at target location (a circle) his tail breaches from below. an arrow (starting at toward Jormangand) can go in the 8 cardinal directions (Like a Thoth/Rama dash). In the direction of the arrow, a wave knock people in that direction, like a knock back. This is so you can knock enemy gods wither away or towards your team.

I suppose if I were to change my 2 at all, it would be like a 2 set off at target location, but... I don't like that very much, sounds unoriginal and lazy to me.

Ok because most of the time (if not all) Smite/Hirez fails to put the distance of dashes/jumps so I never do typically.