Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what a joke competitve.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Well since Season 3 a lot of new players have come in.

Me I started in Season 4 Fall and I saw a difference between then and Season 5.
    - More people playing Mages. In some modes you have 2 and even 3 mages picked.
    - Clash and Arena have gone downhill. Sure players want a tank, just not them because they have that CoD mentality of kills matter above all else. Clash has become Arena with lanes, forget what the tutorial says about one lane being duo and the other trio.
    - Joust and Assault people prefer damage classes again.
    - Even when some people go tank, about half build damage. Had a Sobek in a match today who built Rod of Tahuti and Stone of Gaia then spent all his plucks on minions.
    - Sometimes you get teams where everyone farms minions outside Conquest giving the enemy easy kills. They refuse to let anyone build stack items.

None of this really happened in Season 4 Fall, it feels like Hel cursed the entire game this year.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Smite is the #1, bottom of the barrel, Do nothing, Fix nothing, least competitive game on the market. Level and experience means nothing in the qualifying. I am level 128, and I'm playing with players that are level 31-50. That is unacceptable. It's not about it being a team game. It is about the game allowing players to que up for a ranked situation that have 0 clue how the basics of the game even work. Smite ranked is one of the worst ranked systems i have ever encountered in a game and I won't be spending any more money on it whatsoever.

They raised the level cap to 160 but left the level required to que for ranked at 30? that's unacceptable. It should be at least 80-85. If ranked is the most competitive game mode they have to offer, then why are they not treating it as such? #1 reason, they have absolutely no idea what they are doing, or how to fix their mistakes.

In addition, people love to spat BS about how well just team up with people... OK let me just click my team up with friends button that Smite has so graciously given us.. oh wait.. there is nothing of the sorts... a friends list is not a substitute for a looking for group w/ comms option.. They want you to struggle in ranked so they can maintain their sponsorship and leave the grand-master ranking to the people that don't really deserve it but are just in before the rest of the pack and have everything built before seasons start.

I suggest stop playing ranked until they get a real system that offers and rewards players that come in and put up a fight when they get teamed up with 2 level 31 players. Until then.. leave this game alone.

Facts
    Last edited by Odapop; 08-05-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    *O D A*

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    It's almost like this game is designed to played and won as a team....it's weird.
    it's almost as if having a team with players who know how to play the game really helps you win as a team!?? it's weird!
    *O D A*

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran
    The problem that i see with the way that the post wad made is that non damage roles are not going to be supported.

A well built and well played support is going to not have a huge kill or damage ratio. And when they do it is usually because they have spent the most time in the fight. Letting the chip damage add up over time. Ontop on that when they secure a kill, because everyone else kept miasing or whatever reason, they get yelled at for stealing it.

Even the solo laners are, usually, near the top of damage charts. Especially when built tanky. Again because of the length of time they spend in trades. So the methods that the op originally suggested can automatically route out these two types of players.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Odapop View Post
    I am level 128, and I'm playing with players that are level 31-50.
    Level <> skill.